The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Vegetarianism = Satanism (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=849)

Alphonse Alban 10-10-2013 03:13 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033711)
i find it astonishing that somebody actualy found proof that canaanites survived the slaughter of the isrealite invasion, and some how managed to travel halfway around the world in presumably huge ships that they invented themselves because according to this guy they're atlanteans or somethiand populate the entire south american continent and part of the north american continent before being ruthlessly raped by white people. because it would be uthinkable to pronounce God's curse over people without substantiating proof.

Proof is in the bible. You can look further into matter from here.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10696

Another matter is that people did not get all over the word by boats, they were scattered around by God.

Genesis 11:6-9

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-10-2013 03:16 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033711)
i find it astonishing that somebody actualy found proof that canaanites survived the slaughter of the isrealite invasion, and some how managed to travel halfway around the world in presumably huge ships that they invented themselves because according to this guy they're atlanteans or somethiand populate the entire south american continent and part of the north american continent before being ruthlessly raped by white people. because it would be uthinkable to pronounce God's curse over people without substantiating proof.

Let's have your explanation, consistent with God's Word, as to how all of the peoples of the world got to be where they are.

dudemon223 10-10-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
how bout 2, either the 7 days in the bible is metaphorical and they walked there by land bridges or boated through island chains or.

when god created us he created men there to which would make them racially completely unrelated

and frankly until you can prove that the olmec were descended from canaan your whole argument is baseless, in fact it's baseless anyway because even if they are descended from canaan thats no reason to treat them as second class citizens just because one guy cursed his son over his own problem drinking

ILoveAnimals 10-10-2013 03:26 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 1033708)
It's how God made us. We are chosen people and you swarthy messicants are servant people because of the curse of Ham.

Genesis 9:22-29

22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

26 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

You see, Jesus made you to serve. That's why you are happiest when you fulfill your God given place by mowing lawns, cleaning pools and being maids.

I'm not going to be your maid, I'm not going to clean your house and I'm not going to live a boring life suffering with a boss who make fun of my accent when I talk to him, I'm not going to quit my career and my school just because of an invented curse, you're complete and simply crazy

Alphonse Alban 10-10-2013 03:33 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033715)
how bout 2, either the 7 days in the bible is metaphorical and they walked there by land bridges or boated through island chains or.

when god created us he created men there to which would make them racially completely unrelated

and frankly until you can prove that the olmec were descended from canaan your whole argument is baseless, in fact it's baseless anyway because even if they are descended from canaan thats no reason to treat them as second class citizens just because one guy cursed his son over his own problem drinking

How about you drop the nonsense, and read the actual reason I just posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 1033713)
Proof is in the bible. You can look further into matter from here.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10696

Another matter is that people did not get all over the word by boats, they were scattered around by God.

Genesis 11:6-9

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

So simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveAnimals (Post 1033717)
I'm not going to be your maid, I'm not going to clean your house and I'm not going to live a boring life suffering with a boss who make fun of my accent when I talk to him, I'm not going to quit my career and my school just because of an invented curse, you're complete and simply crazy

It's OK, there are hundreds of other messicants lining up just wanting to serve for pocket change. I'm just saying that you would be happier if you were doing what Jesus wants you to do.

Of course, we all know that you hate God, Christ and all things Christian.
How can you be so cold that you claim that Jesus did not temporarily died for our sins.
After something as beautiful like this:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You say this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveAnimals (Post 1032946)
The Bible is just a big fantasy, and you're stupid enough to believe them

So the question still remains. Why are you so intolerant that you think believing in Jesus Christ is stupid?

dudemon223 10-10-2013 03:34 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveAnimals (Post 1033717)
I'm not going to be your maid, I'm not going to clean your house and I'm not going to live a boring life suffering with a boss who make fun of my accent when I talk to him, I'm not going to quit my career and my school just because of an invented curse, you're complete and simply crazy

the curse wasn't invented it was made by a real man and presumably god honors the vows and curses of the people in the bible. still noah's curse is still just that noah's curse and i'm not going to a racist just because one guy cursed his grandson over him seeing him while he was drunk and naked and holy crap a squirrel just walked right up to my window. anyway you don't need to quit your job or your education just over what this guy says.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-10-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033715)
how bout 2, either the 7 days in the bible is metaphorical and they walked there by land bridges or boated through island chains or.

We also often hear that the Genesis creation accounts were intended as metaphor or allegory. Specifically, how are they to be read as a metaphor or allegory, and for what? Also, the Old and New Testaments both contain genealogies stretching back to Adam. At what point does a metaphor “beget” a flesh-and-blood human being?

What is your test for determining which parts of the Bible are metaphorical or allegorical and which are meant literally? If Genesis is metaphorical, why aren’t the Gospels metaphorical as well? In other words, if you’re right about Genesis, why aren’t the magic-mushroom cultists right about the Gospels?

Quote:

when god created us he created men there to which would make them racially completely unrelated
Then what was the point of God's command to Noah and his sons to "replenish the earth" (Genesis 9:1)?

Quote:

and frankly until you can prove that the olmec were descended from canaan your whole argument is baseless,
The Bible is all the proof we need.

Quote:

in fact it's baseless anyway because even if they are descended from canaan thats no reason to treat them as second class citizens just because one guy cursed his son over his own problem drinking
Because you know better than God?

dudemon223 10-10-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 1033724)
We also often hear that the Genesis creation accounts were intended as metaphor or allegory. Specifically, how are they to be read as a metaphor or allegory, and for what? Also, the Old and New Testaments both contain genealogies stretching back to Adam. At what point does a metaphor “beget” a flesh-and-blood human being?

What is your test for determining which parts of the Bible are metaphorical or allegorical and which are meant literally? If Genesis is metaphorical, why aren’t the Gospels metaphorical as well? In other words, if you’re right about Genesis, why aren’t the magic-mushroom cultists right about the Gospels?

Then what was the point of God's command to Noah and his sons to "replenish the earth" (Genesis 9:1)?

The Bible is all the proof we need.

Because you know better than God?

i said the 7 days were metaphorical, not adam, metphors don't beget sons and daughters nor does the bible lie i.e. adam was a real person and the gospels are true, item 2 in no place does the bible state the olmecs are descended from canaan nor any of the rest of noah's children, although that tower of babel thing just solved a dilema i've been having so thanks

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-10-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033728)
i said the 7 days were metaphorical, not adam, metphors don't beget sons and daughters nor does the bible lie i.e. adam was a real person and the gospels are true,

You do see how you just contradicted yourself there, right?

Quote:

item 2 in no place does the bible state the olmecs are descended from canaan nor any of the rest of noah's children, although that tower of babel thing just solved a dilema i've been having so thanks
What does "replenish the earth" mean if not "replenish the earth"?

dudemon223 10-10-2013 04:01 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters (Post 1033730)
You do see how you just contradicted yourself there, right?

What does "replenish the earth" mean if not "replenish the earth"?

i contradicted nothing
and i never debated whether replenish the earth meant what it says it means because it clearly does

James Hutchins 10-10-2013 05:14 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033737)
i contradicted nothing
and i never debated whether replenish the earth meant what it says it means because it clearly does

Friend, no one has any idea what you mean. Please repost when you come down off of the drugs

dudemon223 10-10-2013 05:25 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1033755)
Friend, no one has any idea what you mean. Please repost when you come down off of the drugs

you know what, i've never done drugs and never intend to, never been drunk and never intend to, and frankly i resent you reported me for things i didn't do. that's called bearing false witness, you need to start obeying God friend instead of your own hateful self

Mary Etheldreda 10-10-2013 06:25 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033760)
you know what, i've never done drugs and never intend to, never been drunk and never intend to, and frankly i resent you reported me for things i didn't do. that's called bearing false witness, you need to start obeying God friend instead of your own hateful self

Son, Mr. Hutchins is a close and personal friend of :jesus-fancy:. Why, I wouldn't be surprised if he were escorted up to Heaven in a fancy chariot made of gold and unicorn tails while cherubs softly play an assortment of Gordon Lightfoot melodies for his enjoyment. If anyone obeys :god-fancy:, it is the esteemed gentleman whom you are nagging.

James Hutchins 10-10-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033760)
you know what, i've never done drugs and never intend to, never been drunk and never intend to, and frankly i resent you reported me for things i didn't do. that's called bearing false witness, you need to start obeying God friend instead of your own hateful self

Another typical rant of the Homofaqual all tripping out on poppers.

Friend, God is the only drug your should do. Get high on life.
Consider what the Bible says, once you stop shooting your drugs:
1st Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1st Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1st Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1st Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1st Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1st Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1st Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1st Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1st Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1st Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1st Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1st Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1st Corinthians 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jude 1:17
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

dudemon223 10-10-2013 06:35 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1033780)
Another typical rant of the Homofaqual all tripping out on poppers.

Friend, God is the only drug your should do. Get high on life.
Consider what the Bible says, once you stop shooting your drugs:
1st Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1st Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1st Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1st Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1st Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1st Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1st Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1st Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1st Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1st Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1st Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1st Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1st Corinthians 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jude 1:17
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

I could respond but I'm a Christian and we're taught to be peaceful. God is your judge not me.

Alphonse Alban 10-10-2013 07:00 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033786)
I could respond but I'm a Christian

Why don't you know anything about the bible then? It's quite sad how you try to pretend to be a Christian, yet even a child can see that you are not familiar with word of God.

Didymus Much 10-10-2013 07:06 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033786)
I could respond but I'm a Christian and we're taught to be peaceful...

Uh, yeah, this:

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Quote:

...God is your judge not me.
And that's why you're not a True Christian™.

The Bible's a hell of a book. You should read it sometime.

Especially if you're going to continue claiming to be a Christian.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-10-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033737)
i contradicted nothing

Then explain how you know which parts of the Bible you get to interpret as metaphors and which you have to take as literally true.
Quote:

and i never debated whether replenish the earth meant what it says it means because it clearly does
Good. Then where did all of the peoples of the world come from?

dudemon223 10-10-2013 07:41 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
frankly being told i'm not a real christian might be alarming if other christians were saying it or heck even people who knew what a christian was, but since i'm comanded to follow God and not men, i'm going to continue to do as the bible teaches not what your sick perversions try and make it say

Mrs. Mary Whitford 10-10-2013 07:45 PM

Re: Vegetarianism = Satanism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudemon223 (Post 1033799)
i'm going to continue to do as the bible teaches not what your sick perversions try and make it say

So to read what it actually says in black and white is "trying to make it say" something, but to ignore what you don't like is "doing as the Bible teaches"? :wacko:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved