The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   We're Midpoint in 2022; What's Left to be Accomplished (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120296)

Johny Joe Hold 08-03-2022 02:31 PM

We're Midpoint in 2022; What's Left to be Accomplished

The end of July is a good point to reflect on the goals we at Landover Baptist set out to accomplish in 2022. By doing this we can focus on the most important tasks remaining before winding up the year. Here on some things I will be working the rest of the year:

--Reinstate Donald Trump as President. As we all know, Trump was cheated in the 2020 election.

--Stamp out more sin. We have done well so far in 2022. We overturned Roe putting in the penalty for harlots of carrying to term. We forcefully opposed homer marriage and defended the right of coaches to pray with their teams.

--Make progress at memorizing the Bible. If others have the same problem I do, by the time you have read and memorized the last books of the Bible the first books are hard to recall.

--Finish the purchase of Pastor Zeke's Airbus. We have done well so far in 2022 but the rate or fund raising needs to accelerate.

Other thoughts on 2022 are welcome.

its_faith 08-03-2022 10:46 PM

Re: We're Midpoint in 2022; What's Left to be Accomplished

Eliminating social security and medicare, Senator Johnson is working on that now.

MitzaLizalor 08-03-2022 11:47 PM

Could there be an education lobbying group set up to reestablish Bible Study as a nonelective subject in all schools? Passing or failing a year based on Scripture knowledge would help others to find Christ and, having done so, would be less likely to require healthcare services. If at all.

One question that could be asked here is why should people who will never use a facility (a hospital, say) have to pay for it? For example: I never eat celery: do I pay for equipment used to harvest celery? No. The celery farmer does that.

Do we have a position on funding opera? I'm not sure about ballet – I think they get enough from ticket sales to be self-financing.

Thank you.

Dennis Lukes 08-04-2022 03:19 AM

I think someone had said something about a group field trip to the Blood of Christ Motel and to ask Brother Dennis about the group rates for a bloc of rooms.

Also, Supreme Court decisions to overturn:
  • Engel v. Vitale
  • Abingdon School District v. Schempp
  • Obergefell v. Hodges
  • Loving v. Virginia
  • Lawrence v. Texas
  • Brown v. Board of Education

Johny Joe Hold 08-04-2022 03:34 AM

Right next to Freehold is Des Moines and its homer-loving politics. I think we in Freehold have an obligation to visit Des Moines carry out our goal of shutting down The Garden. It is a hell hole of men dressing as women and who knows what other sins go on there. Maybe we can get that down yet in 2022.

The Garden Nightclub - Home (grdn.com)

handmaiden 08-04-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1301428)
Also, Supreme Court decisions to overturn:
  • Engel v. Vitale
  • Abingdon School District v. Schempp
  • Obergefell v. Hodges
  • Loving v. Virginia
  • Lawrence v. Texas
  • Brown v. Board of Education

I would think that our goal would be to overturn any legal precedents that have been strong-armed into effect since the First Century.

After all, we know that the early church community-- formed immediately in Jesus's resurrected presence-- is the closest that human society has ever come to living out God's Perfect Will and Commands. Well, the First Century church and Landover Baptist, of course.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 08-04-2022 03:40 PM

I don't really understand why there are all these legacy problems that we have to go through a lot of arbitrary steps to overturn. Why can't we just take control and do as we please? God is surely on our side, or at least He better be.

Johny Joe Hold 08-04-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1301442)
I don't really understand why there are all these legacy problems that we have to go through a lot of arbitrary steps to overturn. Why can't we just take control and do as we please? God is surely on our side, or at least He better be.

I have to agree that when there is a shortcut to stop sin we should take it. After Satan won the Kansas vote favoring murder of babies, it proves we cannot rely on the dufuses in some states to outlaw sin. We need a big majority in DC and a President for nation-wide laws and strong enforcement outlawing abortion and homerism. Let's get that done in 2022.

MitzaLizalor 08-04-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1301445)
I have to agree that when there is a shortcut to stop sin we should take it. After Satan won the Kansas vote favoring murder of babies, it proves we cannot rely on the dufuses in some states to outlaw sin. We need a big majority in DC and a President for nation-wide laws and strong enforcement outlawing abortion and homerism. Let's get that done in 2022.

This is what happens when Bible readings and official prayers are removed from schools and from all other levels of education, including law schools. Once something is spelled out by God, that matter is settled and there's no need for discussion. There could be a law written, essentially a restatement of the Bible passage, but did Jesus lobby Rome for written statutes? Once a principle was made known, non-compliance resulted in smiting on the spot [Sapphira + struck dead Acts 5:9-10] [Uzziah + instant head leprosy II Chronicles 26:19] [Herod + eruption of worms Acts 12:23] but for a detail not explicit in Scripture there'd need to be a majority.

One solution would be an amendment (perhaps in the form of a preamble) to establish that God's Word is already law so that showing the accused had contravened Scripture would be sufficient. For other transgressions, parking violations say, there'd need to be a statute. If this could be accomplished in 2022 that would be a giant leap.