The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Introduction (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120315)

Joaned 08-13-2022 12:49 AM

Introduction

Hello I am Joan, new here but I was raised in a Christian home that used discipline then my first Husband was also a disciplinarian. I was widowed for several years but now am remarried. Again we have a CDD lifestyle, but it’s very new to him and I do not want to have to make suggestions and devalue his status as Head.
I have joined here because I cannot find any place in the UK that can give us the Christian support that we crave, I know you are mostly in the USA but please any suggestions to help us improve our understanding and relationship would be appreciated

Joaned 08-13-2022 12:59 AM

Re: Introduction

Sorry missed out the main questions. Have attended the Church in Wales all my life. Baptised at 2 months. Brought up in faith and got stronger the longer I live. Cannot accept the feminist, political correctness that is invading my church.
Wives should be submissive to their husbands, as to the Lord.

-Ephesians 5 : 22
Favourite verse
Sorry again

handmaiden 08-13-2022 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaned (Post 1301717)
Sorry missed out the main questions. Have attended the Church in Wales all my life. Baptised at 2 months. Brought up in faith and got stronger the longer I live. Cannot accept the feminist, political correctness that is invading my church.

-Ephesians 5 : 22
Favourite verse
Sorry again

My dear, two month old infants do not have the wherewithal to make a declaration of faith. When you acknowledged your sin nature and accepted the Perfect Blood Sacrifice of Jesus to cover your sins, you should have chosen to undergo a real baptism.

Johny Joe Hold 08-13-2022 02:27 AM

Joaned--Welcome to Landover Baptist. You have had many experiences in your life. Be assured we can help you with the complications you face.

Dennis Lukes 08-13-2022 12:45 PM

Good job correcting yourself and actually answering the requisite questions without prompting. Doesn't happen very often and we appreciate it.

MitzaLizalor 08-13-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaned (Post 1301717)

- Ephesians 5:22
Favourite verse
Sorry again

Hello Joaned - is the Church in Wales a type of Welsh Baptist or a denomination in its own right, like the Anglican Church in Japan or the Uniting Church in Australia or the Gossner Evangelical Lutheran Church in Chotanagpur and Assam?

Wales can be quite pleasant. Have you ever visited a town called Bethesda? They say Welsh, Manx, Cornish and Breton all sound similar (and from what we've heard here, that's true) but are they related at all? Do French people cycle to Wales to sell onions?

From your concerns about modernism—perhaps it's suggested that Jesus was a modernist in His day—the threat of watering down The Gospel sounds rather advanced. Once œcumenists start the "church union" agenda there's only one way to go: down. By removing anything that various groups object to such as
• prohibition of idols
• The Virgin Birth
• veneration of saints
• shedding of blood for the remission of sins
• dissing the pope
and so on, a weird sort of consensus is possible but it always seems to me that there's no room left for Jesus. So why bother?

Landover is not like that. Welcome to the forum.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-13-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1301737)
Hello Joaned - is the Church in Wales a type of Welsh Baptist or a denomination in its own right, like the Anglican Church in Japan or the Uniting Church in Australia or the Gossner Evangelical Lutheran Church in Chotanagpur and Assam?

Sister Mitza, as I understood it the Church "in" Wales is somehow connected to the Anglican Church/Church of England, but not actually part of it, despite having bishops and cathedrals and infant baptism and the like. I find this ever-so-slightly confusing so am hoping for clarification from Joan.

It is a puzzle why someone in Wales would choose such a church, when so many Baptist chapels are available, but perhaps it is a matter of not being able to sing in Welsh (or in tune)?

But a very warm welcome to the forums, Joan. I know I speak for at least some of us when I say we look forward to getting to know you better. :thumbsup: You do seem interested in domestic discipline and perhaps I should warn you that here such matters are considered private, between husband and wife. We have little if any interest in what other people do.

Joaned 08-13-2022 10:53 PM

You are correct. The church in wales has a connection with the Church of England and is Anglian. My Parents were members their, it was by far the closest church to the family home so easiest to get to worship. Back when I was a child the church was much different to how it is now. Much more formal and provided the moral discipline for the area. Having read some of the forums I am certain many of the pastors would have approved of him. This was 1950, 1960s life was much different then.

handmaiden 08-14-2022 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaned (Post 1301747)
You are correct. The church in wales has a connection with the Church of England and is Anglian. My Parents were members their, it was by far the closest church to the family home so easiest to get to worship. Back when I was a child the church was much different to how it is now. Much more formal and provided the moral discipline for the area. Having read some of the forums I am certain many of the pastors would have approved of him. This was 1950, 1960s life was much different then.

So, is English not taught in Wales?

MitzaLizalor 08-14-2022 02:00 AM

Quote:

has a connection with the Church of England
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:

Church "in" Wales is somehow connected to the Anglican Church
A bit like the State "of" Wales somehow being connected to the English State. Does it have its own head somehow connected to the head of the C of E? But that's a sidetrack really; although I've never attended a service in Wales and have never met a French onion seller there, there do seem to have been a lot of weirdoes, universally with English accents and predominantly those from the midlands, quite apart from the clothes and the hair they did look very "tired around the eyes" if you know what I mean. Could that have something to do with the water? They look like they're seeing Rhiannon, the horse goddess, and are role playing powerful enchantresses from The Mabinogi. I won't describe the gentlemen but you get the general idea. Is it safe to serve Welsh bottled water to visitors?

Cranky Old Man 08-14-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaned (Post 1301715)
Again we have a CDD lifestyle, but it’s very new to him and I do not want to have to make suggestions and devalue his status as Head.

The CCD lifestyle is the only lifestyle Jesus approves of. I practiced CCD myself until my wife died. My Jew lawyer says I shouldn't post details on how she died on the Internet but let's say she clearly deserved to die. I commanded one of her useless sisters to replace her but that ignorant whore apparently prefers burning in Hell over doing her Christian duty.

Beating your wife until the wounds are blue is good for her soul. Proverbs 20:30 King James Version: "The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly".

Do you have your husband's permission to be here?

Joaned 08-14-2022 03:42 PM

Of course Sir, he monitors my time online.
I have read a couple of your posts and find them very informative, I cannot understand why you do not have a wife, you seem perfect to me.
My Husband is still a beginner but with the support of our lord and the instructions from the Good Book I will have more blue to wear to show my love for him.

Unfalsifiable 08-14-2022 03:57 PM

The "Church of England" is akin to saying "The Blunt Sharp" or "The Loud Quiet". It's nonsensical and one cannot legitimately pertain the other.

Either England changes big time or they stop calling it a "Church".

Thankfully the truth is very accessible. Pick up a KJV 1611 and start reading it - no other Church will tell you to do something as simple as that.

After you've done that filter your search results on this forum by user:"Pastor Ezekiel" and read everything that comes up.

handmaiden 08-14-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joaned (Post 1301760)
Of course Sir, he monitors my time online.
I have read a couple of your posts and find them very informative, I cannot understand why you do not have a wife, you seem perfect to me.
My Husband is still a beginner but with the support of our lord and the instructions from the Good Book I will have more blue to wear to show my love for him.

If your husband IS monitoring your online missives, he might think it strange that you are buttering up Brother Cranky. The man presently doesn't have a wife because it pleased The Lord to take the late Mrs. Cranky from this mortal coil.

From what little I have heard (gossip is a sin) one or two young ladies in the congregation may be put forth as possible replacements. I think their fathers are waiting for that unfortunate but necessary signal --of which it would be too indelicate to speak directly--that the girls are ready to be given in marriage.

MitzaLizalor 08-14-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unfalsifiable (Post 1301762)
The Blunt Sharp
The Loud Quiet

How about "The Teeming Void?"

Didymus Much 08-14-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1301767)
How about "The Teeming Void?"

Truth Social's new tagline? :hmmm: