The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Miracle of the Cat and the Doorbell (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=115243)

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-29-2018 03:11 PM

The Miracle of the Cat and the Doorbell

Mrs Bathfire gave me $100 and told me to go out and get something that makes her look attractive – She was quite annoyed when I got back drunk, but that is not the point of the message.

I discovered a Truth: On the way home, I spotted someone’s cat on the porch meowing to be let in. So, without thinking, I walked up to the door, rang the bell, nodded at the cat and left. It wasn’t until I was round the corner that I realized what I’d done when I heard the owner calling “Sarah! Sarah! That piffling cat has rung the doorbell.”

For a moment, it did occur to me that the cat could have simply copied what I had done, but I dismissed that. To the owner, there had been something that was close to a miracle, to me there had been a good deed, and to the cat… well cats are a waste of time and probably it’s forgotten the whole incident, even assuming it knew what I did in the first place.

All this leads to the facile conclusion that there are some things that are not miracles but which people think are miracles. But they are wrong… They are miracles. The Miracle of the Cat and the Doorbell was indeed a miracle – it was proof of God.

Unwittingly, I had been chosen as God's Messenger.

From the beginning of creation, God knew that in September 2018 there would be a guy and his wife at 1145 Apostles’ Drive, Landover whose faith was beginning to flag. God also knew that new and inventive things attract most attention – turning his tap-water into Californian wine would not have cut it – so, again from the beginning of time, he arranged for me, (via Mrs Bathfire) a cat and a door with a bell on it to be in the same place at the same time, and He inspired me, without my being at all aware of it, to press that bell. The only witness, the cat, could not speak.

Only a Supremely Powerful and All-Knowing God can do that.

Johny Joe Hold 09-30-2018 03:29 AM

Re: The Miracle of the Cat and the Doorbell

A beautiful story, Pastor. Deep. It was perfect and put us in the proper frame of mind just hours before we attend Sunday services at Landover Baptist Church.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 10-01-2018 02:46 PM

This beautiful true story reminds me so much of the Virgin birth. To all intents and purposes, Mary had a baby even though no man "rang the bell". Pastor Bathfire in this analogy is a mystical prankster impregnating girls and disappearing around the corner. It's a miracle! You can't explain that. Praise jesus!

Nobar King 10-01-2018 03:17 PM

Jesus commands dogs to ring the doorbell, too:
Quote:

Escaped pup rings NEST doorbell to be let in.
A Texas ABC affiliate reported that Marshall the dog escaped his home in Spokane, Washington, on September 25. He then pawed at the Nest doorbell camera, trying to get back in.

Greg Basel, Marshall’s guardian, uploaded the video of his concerned golden retriever. This version loops a few times, so you can get a good look.

MitzaLizalor 07-20-2021 08:01 AM

This reminds me of the miracle of life. Everything that exists now was completed by the sixth day of Creation, regardless of what geologists or nuclear physicists may claim, as explained by God in Genesis 2:1 where He tells us that the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them. Leprosy for instance did not get created on day 934,655 but before Eve committed the sin of being deceived I Timothy 2:14 neither she nor Adam were vulnerable to leprosy because everything was running according to God's plan. That is His miracle of life, orchestrated in quite a similar way.
Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Imagine if after you rang the doorbell the cat had run off and bitten a toddler whose mother whacked it over the head with an umbrella? Next, as it's bolting from the scene, it gets flicked by a street sweeper up into a tree where a rabid bobcat is waiting that bites it and it falls down and cuts its neck. Struggling back to the house where its owner is looking around: “Who rang the piffling doorbell?” it presents a sorry sight. Perhaps that's how Adam saw Eve on that fateful day, out of step with God's plan, toxic and eager to bite. Now Adam can get rabies. And Leprosy. But because of God's miracle, that could never have happened before.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Thank you Jesus :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 1239019)
Mrs Bathfire gave me $100 and told me to go out and get something that makes her look attractive – She was quite annoyed when I got back drunk, but that is not the point of the message.

I discovered a Truth: On the way home, I spotted someone’s cat on the porch meowing to be let in. So, without thinking, I walked up to the door, rang the bell, nodded at the cat and left. It wasn’t until I was round the corner that I realized what I’d done when I heard the owner calling “Sarah! Sarah! That piffling cat has rung the doorbell.”

For a moment, it did occur to me that the cat could have simply copied what I had done, but I dismissed that. To the owner, there had been something that was close to a miracle, to me there had been a good deed, and to the cat… well cats are a waste of time and probably it’s forgotten the whole incident, even assuming it knew what I did in the first place.

All this leads to the facile conclusion that there are some things that are not miracles but which people think are miracles. But they are wrong… They are miracles. The Miracle of the Cat and the Doorbell was indeed a miracle – it was proof of God.

Unwittingly, I had been chosen as God's Messenger.

From the beginning of creation, God knew that in September 2018 there would be a guy and his wife at 1145 Apostles’ Drive, Landover whose faith was beginning to flag. God also knew that new and inventive things attract most attention – turning his tap-water into Californian wine would not have cut it – so, again from the beginning of time, he arranged for me, (via Mrs Bathfire) a cat and a door with a bell on it to be in the same place at the same time, and He inspired me, without my being at all aware of it, to press that bell. The only witness, the cat, could not speak.

Only a Supremely Powerful and All-Knowing God can do that.

Isabella White 07-20-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1287126)
This reminds me of the miracle of life. Everything that exists now was completed by the sixth day of Creation, regardless of what geologists or nuclear physicists may claim, as explained by God in Genesis 2:1 where He tells us that the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them. Leprosy for instance did not get created on day 934,655 but before Eve committed the sin of being deceived I Timothy 2:14 neither she nor Adam were vulnerable to leprosy because everything was running according to God's plan. That is His miracle of life, orchestrated in quite a similar way.
Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Imagine if after you rang the doorbell the cat had run off and bitten a toddler whose mother whacked it over the head with an umbrella? Next, as it's bolting from the scene, it gets flicked by a street sweeper up into a tree where a rabid bobcat is waiting that bites it and it falls down and cuts its neck. Struggling back to the house where its owner is looking around: “Who rang the piffling doorbell?” it presents a sorry sight. Perhaps that's how Adam saw Eve on that fateful day, out of step with God's plan, toxic and eager to bite. Now Adam can get rabies. And Leprosy. But because of God's miracle, that could never have happened before.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Thank you Jesus :heart:

Oh, my dear Sister Mitza: I must say, this has brought a tear to my aged eyes; and, for that, I do thank you. To think that the beloved :lord-fancy: cares for us, in such an extraordinary manner, and that He has a plan for those who trust in :him-fancy:, and :his: glorious truths as found within the :kjv1611: -- well, it's little wonder that one cannot help but to have tears well up, especially when one is a :true-fancy:.

Romans 5:8 "But :god-fancy: commendeth :his: love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, :christ-fancy: died for us."

Now, then, as for the kitty that rang the doorbell, it just shows how the :lord-fancy: can use anything to get us to pay attention to :his: plan for our lives. And just the fact that :god-fancy: has used an animal to do so should surprise none of us. We must remember the time when :god-fancy: spoke, so clearly, through Balaam's ass, to get the attention of Balaam, as described in Numbers 22:28:

"And the :lord-fancy: opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?"

https://i2.wp.com/humansofthebible.c...pg?w=436&ssl=1

If :god-fancy: will allow an ass to talk, then it just seems so logical that He would use a cat to draw attention to :his: will for us. Goodness, gracious; one wonders what the darling, little kitty is up to these days. I have no doubt that she may be interacting with others, on behalf of :god-fancy:, in their hour of need.

Psalm 91:15 "He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him."

https://lh5.ggpht.com/_e109kKH12do/T...jpg?imgmax=800