The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Promise Enforcers - Men Only! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Would You Step on a Land Mine for Jesus? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116294)

BrotherLarry 05-11-2019 06:43 PM

Would You Step on a Land Mine for Jesus?

I am often engaged in subway train discussions with unbelievers, usually brought on by hecklers trying to dissuade me from preaching on the train from South Ferry to 42nd St. (I find this train is more conducive to ministry than say, the F train. Not sure why.)

Today someone calling himself a veteran of Iraqi deployment yelled out "Hey, buddy! Would you step on a landmine if Jesus told you to? Where would your faith be then?" While I gingerly ignored his question by taking one from a more desirable person (who asked how he can know that God loves him), it made me think.

First, it would be unthinkable that my Savior would ask me to do such a thing. But if indeed He did ask, particularly if it were for the glory of God, I would not hesitate. His Hand of Protection would cover me and I would not be injured (surely) or an angel would lay down on the mine and keep me from harm (wouldn't it?). What are your thoughts? Was it just a stupid question? And if so, am I being stupid for asking?

Dennis Lukes 05-11-2019 09:29 PM

Re: Would You Step on a Land Mine for Jesus?

Brother Larry, the only reason Jesus would command you to step on a landmine is because He wants you to join Him in Heaven. I notice that this Godmocking veteran has never stepped on a landmine either, the coward! He's probably miffed that the Army kicked out trannies and figures that queers are next. I will pray to God that He protects you on your righteous sojourns underground, riding that train on the roof of Hell.

Dana723 05-11-2019 10:50 PM

That's awful, Brother Larry! Of course you did nothing wrong. As Christians, we are persecuted all the time, but remember:

Quote:

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
So chin up! :bye:

Chubsy-Wubsy 07-05-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1251541)
I am often engaged in subway train discussions with unbelievers, usually brought on by hecklers trying to dissuade me from preaching on the train from South Ferry to 42nd St. (I find this train is more conducive to ministry than say, the F train. Not sure why.)

Today someone calling himself a veteran of Iraqi deployment yelled out "Hey, buddy! Would you step on a landmine if Jesus told you to? Where would your faith be then?" While I gingerly ignored his question by taking one from a more desirable person (who asked how he can know that God loves him), it made me think.

First, it would be unthinkable that my Savior would ask me to do such a thing. But if indeed He did ask, particularly if it were for the glory of God, I would not hesitate. His Hand of Protection would cover me and I would not be injured (surely) or an angel would lay down on the mine and keep me from harm (wouldn't it?). What are your thoughts? Was it just a stupid question? And if so, am I being stupid for asking?

I would happily step in to the landmine as long as I'm sure it was Jesus and not one of those demons interfering with my mind.

WilliamJenningsBryan 07-05-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

. . .

Today someone calling himself a veteran of Iraqi deployment yelled out "Hey, buddy! Would you step on a landmine if Jesus told you to? Where would your faith be then?"

. . .

Another faithless God mocker that is in need of a public rebuking - God tests our faith and will reward us.

Quote:

And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

- Genesis 22:1-18

James Hutchins 07-09-2019 08:20 PM

I'd would do anything Jesus asked me to do, without a moments hesitation. Zero thought, just act, like a wolverine ripping the flesh of a rabbit.

Gods tells us that is we are truly committed to Him, that we we have blind faith in His commands. To doubt or question it, is to doubt Him. I do not need to to know the why. I know if He wants it, he will also guide me. If it is His desire to have me blown into 1,000 pieces, I welcome it.
Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

Pastor Ezekiel 07-12-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1254774)
I'd would do anything Jesus asked me to do, without a moments hesitation. Zero thought, just act, like a wolverine ripping the flesh of a rabbit.

Gods tells us that is we are truly committed to Him, that we we have blind faith in His commands. To doubt or question it, is to doubt Him. I do not need to to know the why. I know if He wants it, he will also guide me. If it is His desire to have me blown into 1,000 pieces, I welcome it.
Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea

Damn right you will step on a land mine for Jesus. Without question or hesitation.
As a Pastor , My words are His words. So when I tell one of you to do something, you had better do it if you want a chance at Eternal Salvation® at the feet of God.
A True Test™ is stepping on a land mine and it not blowing up. That proves God Loves you. Obviously, not many gooks are loved by Jesus.

Joseph Seed 07-26-2019 12:20 AM

id push each and everyone of you onto a landmine. not jesus tho. he is Obi-Wan Kenobi after all

Isabella White 07-26-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Seed (Post 1255532)
id push each and everyone of you onto a landmine. not jesus tho. he is Obi-Wan Kenobi after all

Young man, the :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy: has a message for you, and it concerns your unavoidable fate -- if you continue down this path of sin and rebellion.

Revelation 20:10-15:
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Sincerely, Isabella W. :repent:

Basilissa 07-26-2019 01:42 AM

Quote:

id push each and everyone of you onto a landmine.

So much hatred! :( Are you some sort of a psycho?

Dennis Lukes 07-26-2019 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1255542)

Sister, I'd recommend you get Enrique to send some of his flour workers to walk around your lawn. I've already had my maids do a sweep of my yard, and thankfully none of them set off any explosives which would've damaged the landscaping. This deranged, hateful Satan-worshipping atheist may be serious in his illegal threats of violence.

I'm legitimately scared for my life right now, but at least we are blessed by his persecution of us (Matthew 5:11-12). Oh, and Crazy Joe? Even if you do kill us, we'll have the last laugh as we watch your eternal torment from Heaven with Jesus.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 07-26-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1255542)

Quote:

id push each and everyone of you onto a landmine.

So much stupidity, too. She doesn't seem to have thought about why this might not work out so well for her.

Dutchsmartie 07-28-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

No I won't

Dennis Lukes 07-29-2019 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1255657)
No I won't

Because you lack faith and you hate Jesus.

Dutchsmartie 07-29-2019 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1255705)

😂😂😂

Didymus Much 07-29-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

No I won't

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Lukes (Post 1255705)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1255710)
😂😂😂

Your contrition seems insincere. :hmmm:

Mary Etheldreda 07-30-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

No I won't

Would you do it for $100?

handmaiden 08-01-2019 08:45 PM

If Jesus Christ or Donald Trump told me to step on a land mine, I would have faith that my lost foot,/lower leg/whole leg/lower torso or whatever might be left will be redeemed and made a new in Heaven.

Remember that God told Abraham to slit his own son's throat and burn his body and Abraham was totally onboard with God's command.

Of course, God let Abraham off the hook at the last second, so I would like to think that God would do something about the land mine just before my foot made contact.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-01-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1255872)
Remember that God told Abraham to slit his own son's throat and burn his body and Abraham was totally onboard with God's command.

This just shows God's Infinite Mercy, because Abraham's son was a Joo and therefore UnSaved and would have been consigned to Hell.
Quote:

Of course, God let Abraham off the hook at the last second, so I would like to think that God would do something about the land mine just before my foot made contact.
But in your case, what I mentioned above would not be a problem, Sister, as you are Heaven-Bound. :thumbsup: So if you do step on a landmine, I can see no reason for Our Lord to intercede, as that would only delay His Delight at your entry into His Holy Realm.