The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Please, Don't Soak the Rich (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=79277)

Johny Joe Hold 06-14-2012 09:31 PM

Please, Don't Soak the Rich

We've all heard about the Occupy Wall Street and occupy this or that. Then, there is this 99% versus the 1%.

I think bashing the rich is just terrible. We need a voice of leadership for the rich, and we may have found one.

In today's Wall St. Journal is a wonderful book review. The book was written by one of Romney's former business partners who makes a great case for how everyone is better off when the rich get richer. People need to know this.

If each person in the 99% would just sacrifice a tiny bit, the 1% would do even more help us all. God bless them.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopOpinion

James Hutchins 06-14-2012 09:55 PM

Re: Please, Don't Soak the Rich

I for one, do not want to have to convert cash into diamonds and stamps just to move the funds to the Caymans again. I want to support US Mega banks with my capital. It is the American way. I have to preserve equity for Jesus.

Zechariah Smyth 06-14-2012 10:40 PM

I don't make much money, but I am willing to shift more of the tax burden to people like me if it will help the rich get this sorry-ass Obama economy off its butt.

WWJDnow 06-15-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 895873)
If each person in the 99% would just sacrifice a tiny bit, the 1% would do even more help us all. God bless them.

Amen. The simple fact is that people in the investing class are the job creators in our economy. We shouldn't be taxing them, we should be subsidizing them. Then they'd create millions of new jobs and all of the poor and middle-class people wouldn't have an excuse for sitting on their lazy asses anymore. And the best part is that it's free--since tax cuts pay for themselves, just imagine how much money will pour into the tax coffers once subsidies to the rich are implemented!

I know a lot of people don't believe this, but they'll all be proved wrong when President Romney starts running the country.

smashington 06-15-2012 06:44 AM

Ok, Jesus made it clear to pay your taxes, give unto ceasor. I don't think why I should even pay taxes when I can't afford too. And they we have to tithe too, hell give a guy a break. Let those who can afford to pay ceasor pay ceasor and leave my hard earned money out of it. After all I actually work for my money. Those rich guys just sit at an air conditioned desk and screw their mistresses on my dime.

Levi Jones 06-15-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashington (Post 896100)
Ok, Jesus made it clear to pay your taxes, give unto ceasor. I don't think why I should even pay taxes when I can't afford too. And they we have to tithe too, hell give a guy a break. Let those who can afford to pay ceasor pay ceasor and leave my hard earned money out of it. After all I actually work for my money. Those rich guys just sit at an air conditioned desk and screw their mistresses on my dime.

That's just sick and wrong. The rich deserve to have the same tax rate as the poor! After all, it's the rich who employ everyone and buy 50-100 tv sets for their homes complete with the x-box and the play station.

The rich people are the only thing driving this economy, you commie son of a bitch! :angry:

Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar." He didn't say, "Render unto Caesar, Tyrone, Shaniqua and her 10 screaming babies that she keeps having to get more welfare!"

If we aren't nice to them Atlas is going to shrug and they'll all go John Gault and leave this country with all their wealth! And then where will we be? When I'm rich someday, I swear I'll do it!!!!

All it takes is hard work and everyone can be rich. The poor are just lazy and need to apply themselves.

James Hutchins 06-15-2012 03:12 PM

Friend, If I did not have to pay so much in taxes, I could hire more people.

Even if I could pay $1,000,000 less a year, that would mean over 110 more jobs. Most of the people that work for me pay no taxes at all and they have no employees! How is that fair? It is people like you that are ruining American for decent people.

smashington 06-15-2012 05:51 PM

Whats this infraction thing? for not paying for Jesus? The gospels supposed to be freely given, not taxed and stuff.

If you are talkin taxes on a biblical site, maybe you should march on over to a political one. I don't care about your idea of taxes. I would charge the rich sobs 73% on money they didn't reinvest; like isenhour.

Now if your not rich why would you even want to defend the rich commies anyway? Those corporate fools are what fell our economie in the first darn place. I dont care what happens to the rich. It says in the bible that the the poor are the good ones over and over. My favorite is Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. so I dont think that the rich means didly squat to me or to jesus. and what is the 10 points about here?

Didymus Much 06-15-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashington (Post 896223)
...and what is the 10 points about here?

Only 10 points? It means you're not trying hard enough. :devil:

smashington 06-15-2012 06:18 PM

Dont you make me angry. I am not angry yet. When someone is angy they will find you. They will find you and piffle you in the asshole. If you aint bleeding by the end of it then I aint doin in right. You dont know what angry is son!

Levi Jones 06-15-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 896225)
Only 10 points? It means you're not trying hard enough. :devil:

It looks like he took your advice a little too much to heart. Way to lead another to damnation. :threaten:

James Hutchins 06-15-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashington (Post 896236)
Dont you make me angry. I am not angry yet. When someone is angy they will find you. They will find you and piffle you in the asshole. If you aint bleeding by the end of it then I aint doin in right. You dont know what angry is son!

This proves all Homers are angry people.

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-15-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Another hate-filled atheist obsessed with anal rape.

I'd be surprised and horrified if you weren't the fifth one to threaten me with anal rape today. :yawn:

Godfly 06-17-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

So he wants to tax and rape rich people. Isn't that a little redundant? They are practically the same thing.

hellfire Republican 06-18-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

I think this one needs to slow down on his ingestion of Mercury.