The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I pray for my nephews and nieces to stop whining about my gifts! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=55357)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 12-09-2010 05:46 AM

I pray for my nephews and nieces to stop whining about my gifts!

Every year for CHRISTmas, I give each of my nephews and nieces a brand new King James 1611 Holy Bible fully expecting the ones from the previous year to be worn out from continuous reading. But every years it's the same thing, they whine and cry, "Oh no! Not a Bible again!"
Well let those disgusting sinning children whine. They can man up and tough it out because they are going to get Bibles again this year and (Rapture depending) EVERY year until their miserable souls are SAVED!
Of course, they will get new Bibles every year after that, but at least then they'll appreciate them.

Sister Pamela Thompson 12-09-2010 07:24 AM

Re: I pray for my nephews and nieces to stop whining about my gif

How fortunate they are to receive such a wonderful gift!

When I was younger all I would get was a spanking from Daddy. He'd bend me over his knee smack my little fanny hard until I had bright red handprints all over it. He would say "This is only because I love you so much!" Of course I would thank him for giving me exactly what I deserved.

I'm so blessed to have such a loving, God-fearing father in my life! I can only imagine what kind of horrible, depraved sinner I would have turned out to be had it not been for Daddy's ever constant love. :whoopin:

Mrs. Mary Whitford 12-09-2010 02:12 PM

What a wonderful story! We'd certainly have fewer sluts and other sinners in the world today if more fathers took such a moral, pro-active role in the upbringing of their children. :)

HTannor 12-09-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Mary Maria (Post 650386)
Every year for CHRISTmas, I give each of my nephews and nieces a brand new King James 1611 Holy Bible fully expecting the ones from the previous year to be worn out from continuous reading. But every years it's the same thing, they whine and cry, "Oh no! Not a Bible again!"

What a sad story, Sister. I wept while reading it.

Are these children being raised correctly? What failings in their home schooling curriculum could cause this reaction?

I greatly fear they are on the slippery slope to juvenile delinquency and suspect someday they will appear before me in open court.

I'm quickly gaining the reputation of being a rather stern judge and have little patience with those who reject Jesus and his teachings as shown in the very bible you so generously provide to your nieces and nephews.

Talitha 12-09-2010 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll be Praying for them Sis.
You may consider putting thir new Bibles into these quilted covers.
Just $49.99 from the Landover Baptist Bible Store on Main Street.
Available in Liberal false Christian, Salad Bar Christian and of course True Christian™ (XL) sizes. :thumbsup:

Attachment 14544 Attachment 14545

silverspirit2001 12-09-2010 09:55 PM

Oh, how do they not know salvation is the best gift ever!:(

May I suggest, that in addition to giving the truth to your nephews and nieces, they can get a another gift, of salvation by praying to our LORD?:thumbsup:

Or could I suggest another gift as well - maybe a poster of hell. Or maybe dropping a red hot coal into their grubby grasping hands, so they can at least appreciate the pain they will suffer by following their secular ungodly ways.

Truly, I believe, until we have suffered such pain, not even a 1/1000000th of the pain of our LORD on the cross, can we appreciate the gift given to us.

Bless the LORD :jesus: