The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Landover Baptist Prevails In Trademark Dispute (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=6692)

Ahimaaz Smith 01-05-2008 01:17 AM

Landover Baptist Prevails In Trademark Dispute

Praise God, after nearly 25 years of constant litigation, the Landover Memorial Baptist Church in Landover County, Maryland, has agreed that the name Landover Baptist is the exclusive property of our church.

Robert Wingfield, Senior Pastor at the now-renamed Woodstream Church, said of the settlement, "We simply didn't have the resources to keep fighting this frivolous lawsuit. For every lawyer we would hire, that church in Iowa would hire ten. The last straw was when they hired private detectives to do "sin investigations" of the pastors and staff here, and even some of the leading contributor--er, I mean members of our Christian communion. The church coffers are empty, and we just didn't think it was worth fighting anymore. Our name may have changed, but we will still be bringing the same Gospel to you, week-in, week-out." Wingfield concluded, "The history of our church is precious to those who have persevered and walked by faith. The future of the church, by the grace of God, shall be glorious!"

According to Professor David Gentry, lead counsel for our side and Professor Emeritus of Law at Landover Christian University, "The Maryland-based upstart Landover first opened its doors to worshippers in 1983, whereas the real Landover Baptist Church has been saving souls across the United States of America since 1620." Gentry added, "They aren't bad people, even though we do have videotape showing that many of them engaged in various sinful activities, mostly of a prurient nature. But they have to understand that Landover is a unique name for God's chosen church. We have a hard-won reputation, not to mention a large portfolio of intellectual property, to protect, and we will vigorously defend our rights in or out of court. We would have kept this case going another quarter of a century if necessary."

When asked how our legal team achieved this great victory, a grinning Gentry replied, "It was a combination the prayers of 150,000 Landoverites around the world and some damned fine lawyering."

Father Thomas Martin 01-09-2008 06:19 PM

Re: Landover Baptist Prevails In Trademark Dispute

A Baptist Church against a Baptist Church?

Jesus said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Pastor Billy-Reuben 01-09-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 128188)
A Baptist Church against a Baptist Church?

Jesus said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand"

We are protecting ourselves against pretenders. Look at the lesbean couple in the banner picture. These folks aren't Baptists at all, that's why they had to drop "Baptist" from their name, too.

http://www.woodstreamchurch.org/clie...nformation.jpg
Disgusting.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Dr. Zaius 01-09-2008 06:47 PM

Praise, pastor Smith. It's been ages since I've heard such good news. Let NO OTHER make claim to the good name of LBC.

Quote:

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
That should be enough to scare away the rest.

Father Thomas Martin 01-09-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius (Post 128191)
Praise, pastor Smith. It's been ages since I've heard such good news. Let NO OTHER make claim to the good name of LBC.

That should be enough to scare away the rest.

What you're saying is basically what they're saying...So how come you're still "Unsaved Trash" to them?

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-10-2008 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 128202)
What you're saying is basically what they're saying...So how come you're still "Unsaved Trash" to them?

You leave the good doctor alone, papist. I'm willing to bet good money he will be a True Christian™ before you will.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-11-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 128202)

Maybe God is striking you blind for buggering all those altar boys. The good doctor looks like a member of this Godly forum to me. And well on his way to True Christianhood™, unlike yourself, papist dog. :angry:

lovethygod 01-11-2008 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 128190)
We are protecting ourselves against pretenders. Look at the lesbean couple in the banner picture. These folks aren't Baptists at all, that's why they had to drop "Baptist" from their name, too.

http://www.woodstreamchurch.org/clie...nformation.jpg
Disgusting.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

They look like mother and daughter to me

Dr. Zaius 01-11-2008 08:54 AM

Even worse.

Wide-Open 01-11-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethygod (Post 128924)
They look like mother and daughter to me

The fact that she is a MILF lezzer fondling a pre-teen doesn't make it less of an abomination! :angry:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13

Ahimaaz Smith 01-11-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius (Post 128191)

Thank you Brother Doctor Z. It was indeed heartening news. However, you should know that I am not a pastor, but rather simply one of the flock. I pray every day that someday I will be even 10% as Godly as are our good Landover pastors.

MacDaddy 01-12-2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide-Open (Post 128931)
The fact that she is a MILF lezzer fondling a pre-teen doesn't make it less of an abomination! :angry:

The news regarding the trademark is great indeed, as I am new I don't know of the struggles you had with it.

I have a question for Wide-Open, what is a MILF?

Wide-Open 01-12-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDaddy (Post 129232)
I have a question for Wide-Open, what is a MILF?

Male-Irritating-Lesbian-Feminazi. I thought that was a well known acronym?