The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anti-Russian sentiment a concern (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=119841)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-08-2022 03:07 PM

Anti-Russian sentiment a concern

I've been concerned with news of growing anti-Russian sentiment in the West:

Russians and Russian Americans are usually portrayed as ruthless agents, brutal mobsters and villains in Hollywood movies and few video games. In a 2014 news story, Fox News reported, "Russians may also be unimpressed with Hollywood's apparent negative stereotyping of Russians in movies. The Avengers featured a ruthless former KGB agent, Iron Man 2 centers on a rogue Russian scientist with a vendetta, and action thriller Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit saw Kenneth Branagh play an archetypal Russian bad guy, just to name a few."

British butlers may sympathize. Since the war with Ukraine there have been attacks on citizens and stores with Russian-sounding names such as "Go back to your ******* country next be your family" and "No more Polish Vermin".

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploa..._212254930.jpg

You have to forgive people for not knowing the difference between Russians, Ukrainians and Poliaks for that matter. It's a bit like when you're trying to target Canadians and you have to make them say "abooot" but they won't say it so you take the risk of beating up an American. It's not always easy, be forgiving - that's my point.

To avoid making the same mistake with Russians and Ukrainians, I spent a few hours educating myself. Here is the fruit of my labor:
  • Moscow, Russia is 1 hour ahead of Ukraine
  • Ukrainian “о” is pronounced as [o] or [ɔ], while Russian unstressed “o” is pronounced as [a] or [ɐ]
  • Russians are of more Finno-Ugric stock than Ukrainians. They have smaller heads
  • Ukraine's flag is of totally different colors compared to Russia's

If there are other differences, please share so we may help the roving anti-immigrant mobs from harming our Russian friends.

Basilissa 03-08-2022 06:18 PM

Re: Anti-Russian sentiment a concern

I know another difference between Ukrainians and Russians.

Ukrainians are very fond of sunflowers (it's their national flower), and therefore sunflower seeds. Russians - not so much, as seen in this exchange. The video is a bit flaky as the person shooting the video was probably afraid he/she could be shot for filming this (because Russians really don't like sunflowers), but audio works and there are subtitles:

handmaiden 03-14-2022 06:49 PM

Please feel free to file this under "Huh?"

Demonstrators in Russia show up for protest carrying blank signs.

Man, those idiot Antifa types cannot do anything right. First of all, they are clearly rooting for the wrong side, now they are holding empty signs. Must be indicative of their empty promises.

You won't see me waving around a blank Bible.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-14-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1296617)
Man, those idiot Antifa types cannot do anything right. First of all, they are clearly rooting for the wrong side, now they are holding empty signs. Must be indicative of their empty promises.

Nor me, Sister. Let's see what the Bible has to say about signs:

Matthew 24
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

There you have it in black and white - fake signs to try to fool the "very" elected President, with more than 110% of votes. For Christians the only signs to look out for are the blessed end to all of this.

Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Johny Joe Hold 03-14-2022 10:11 PM

For anyone in the West to be anti Russian is to be for non white people and the Godless. Russians are white people. We need Christians like them ruling their part of the world.

We need a publicity campaign reminding the faithful of leaders like John Wayne and Donald Trump.

Isabella White 03-14-2022 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1296617)
Please feel free to file this under "Huh?"

Demonstrators in Russia show up for protest carrying blank signs.

One thing is for very certain, dear Sister Handmaiden, and it's that those demonstrating dissidents need to put away their foolish signs, and amend their ways by learning from the fine example of real Russian patriots — such as you shall see here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1296619)
For anyone in the West to be anti Russian is to be for non white people and the Godless. Russians are white people. We need Christians like them ruling their part of the world.

We need a publicity campaign reminding the faithful of leaders like John Wayne and Donald Trump.

Amen, dear Brother Mayor Hold! I do thank you for mentioning such a perfect example of two of the most patriotic, red-blooded, :true-american-2: men who have ever walked on the soil of this blessed nation. Why, they're two of the men Jesus admires the most!