The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Lycia The Repentant 02-25-2011 12:59 AM

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeIsMyRock (Post 700673)
Wait. Weren't you a prostitute? Shouldn't you of all people be against selling another human being since it is what you used to do?

Yes, I am an ex-prostitute. No, I did not sell people into service as maids.

A-are you aware of what prostitution is? :dunce:

Quote:

Ps. Did you dress in red and work in babylon when you were a prostitute?
Oh, very funny Godmocker. I am not the Whore of Babylon. :thumbdown:

However, thank you for your persecution. It only proves I am blessed. :innocent:

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
Matthew 5:10-12

HeIsMyRock 02-25-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 700676)
Yes, I am an ex-prostitute. No, I did not sell people into service as maids.

A-are you aware of what prostitution is? :dunce:

Oh, very funny Godmocker. I am not the Whore of Babylon. :thumbdown:

However, thank you for your persecution. It only proves I am blessed. :innocent:

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
Matthew 5:10-12

First of all I am aware of what prostitution is, and I'm not trying to persecute you. I'm just sincerely concerned for the girl you are all discussing. I get it. You don't believe women are really people in their own right. "The woman who fears God will be the most praised". Shouldn't an ex-prostitute, of all people, be against selling other people for anything, not just fornication?

Lycia The Repentant 02-25-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeIsMyRock (Post 700692)
First of all I am aware of what prostitution is, and I'm not trying to persecute you. I'm just sincerely concerned for the girl you are all discussing. I get it. You don't believe women are really people in their own right. "The woman who fears God will be the most praised". Shouldn't an ex-prostitute, of all people, be against selling other people for anything, not just fornication?

No, where did you get that idea? Why would God give us pricing guidelines for people if it wasn't OK? :huh:

"And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels. And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels. And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels."
Leviticus 27:3-7

HeIsMyRock 02-25-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 700695)
No, where did you get that idea? Why would God give us pricing guidelines for people if it wasn't OK? :huh:

"And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels. And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels. And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels."
Leviticus 27:3-7

Why would they have had councils in ancient times to put together the Bible, and pull a full parts out, if they were sure everything in there was a message straight from God?

Lycia The Repentant 02-25-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeIsMyRock (Post 700700)
Why would they have had councils in ancient times to put together the Bible, and pull a full parts out, if they were sure everything in there was a message straight from God?

Buddy, where are you going with this? Are you trying to say that our omnipotent Lord can't make sure that what's in the Bible is the right, divinely inspired scripture?

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
Isaiah 40:8

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-25-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeIsMyRock (Post 700700)

Not really. Most of the canon had already been set by the 3rd century. It was based on common usage and the exclusion of those wacky Gnostics.

Benedict A. Davis 02-25-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

You sound as if prostitution is not fit conversation for mixed company. I have to disagree as our Lord has given 140 verses in the Bible on the subject. This is not a subject for hushed tones in back rooms friend.
One of the most famous Rahab is a prime example.
Quote:

As we confront her [history]she is a woman of faith, and not a woman of filth.She is intelligent and not immoral. She is an impressive person who is decisive, and she makes a choice to save her family at the risk of her own life. So much is noble about Rahab that it is easy to see why one of the spies fell for her. According to Jewish tradition one of these two spies later married her, and she became a part of Israel, and a mother in the blood line to Christ. Her son Boaz grew up to marry Ruth the Moabite, who was another Gentile. With a mother like her he had no fear of marrying a Gentile woman, for he knew they could be marvelous. God did also, for both of these Gentile women became a part of the blood line to the Messiah.Rahab possessed a keen intelligent mind. She kept up on current events, and she knew what the God of Israel had been doing. She listened to the news, and paidattention to the changing times. She was ready to change to fit the newcircumstances that history was bringing. She could see her people were doomed, and that the future was with Israel. She was prepared to act on her faith in that future. It was not a self-centered choice. She loved her family. She may have been the black sheep of the family, and may have been rejected for her decision to be a prostitute, but she did not reject them.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-25-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Prostituting a daughter is specifically prohibited.

Leviticus 19:29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

Selling a daughter is specifically allowed.

Exodus 21:7-8 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

Who am I to believe, you or the Bible?

lightning166 02-25-2011 04:29 AM

Honestly, what the piffle is wrong with you people? Selling your daughter into slavery is extraordinarily disturbing. People think that the worst things in this world are being done by terrorists, gangs, serial killers, and the like but they are wrong. It is you fundamentalist Christians who are screwing up the world. piffle what the bible says because the bible is bullshit. If God existed, you people would be the ones going to Hell. You would be the ones eternally damned, burning and being tortured until the end of time, paying for your unimaginable amounts of sin.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-25-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning166 (Post 700775)
Honestly, what the piffle is wrong with you people? Selling your daughter into slavery is extraordinarily disturbing. People think that the worst things in this world are being done by terrorists, gangs, serial killers, and the like but they are wrong. It is you fundamentalist Christians who are screwing up the world. piffle what the bible says because the bible is bullshit. If God existed, you people would be the ones going to Hell. You would be the ones eternally damned, burning and being tortured until the end of time, paying for your unimaginable amounts of sin.

No, what's extraordinarily disturbing is your rabid hatred of Jesus, who temporarily died on the cross for my sins. :angry:

Swedish_faggot 02-25-2011 10:48 AM

I'll exchange you my son, hes 16 and pretty strong, could probably help you do some yardwork:thumbsup:

lightning166 02-25-2011 03:59 PM

It seems that, despite my constant efforts to gain a substantial infraction point score, I have thus far been deprived of what I consider to be a great reward for my hard work. I am trying to break the high score but how can I get 1,600,000 points when you people refuse to cooperate and dispense the deserved points!? This is you if I don't get my points! :death: By the way, I am a Muslim :)

Benedict A. Davis 02-25-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning166 (Post 700984)
It seems that, despite my constant efforts to gain a substantial infraction point score, I have thus far been deprived of what I consider to be a great reward for my hard work. I am trying to break the high score but how can I get 1,600,000 points when you people refuse to cooperate and dispense the deserved points!? This is you if I don't get my points! :death: By the way, I am a Muslim :)

I guess you need to add this to that big list you have written on your wall, you know the one.......................''Things I can't do very well.'' It must be getting very, very long these days.

lightning166 02-25-2011 06:51 PM

There is no list of things I can't do very well on my wall. The unicorn bible states this in Isiah 14:23-34. Don't try to disprove that, because I am an expert at using completely irrelevant information from a book that is not credible, and that you clearly do not consider credible, to persuade you that my opinion is absolute and correct. :lex_12: <----(True Heroes) Praise Allah

AmIOutOfMyMind 02-25-2011 07:03 PM

You may call yourself True Christians but after reading all this.. i think you all are out of your mind..all of you are nuts. You think you are doing a great job with everything around you? All of you are narrow minded. I randomly came across your site and i have never felt more disgusted in my life. Even though i was/am not a Christian.. but i used to regard Christianity rather highly..but you guys are psychos and need help..not each others help. but a doctors help. This is the 21st century.. and you need to know that

Brother Bartemeus 02-25-2011 07:07 PM

Pator Levi,
God bless you in this horrible time of dispair. Remember that Jesus will always give you what you want if you pray hard enough. When I read your ad I felt God speaking to me in a way like no other. I'm not saying I saw the holy burning bush (it was a shrub) nonethless, I am prepared to make you a firm offer of $3,500.
Please let me know if I have won, or if I can be of service in anyway.

-Your Brother in Christ our Lord and Savior.

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-25-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreYouOutOfYourMind (Post 701049)
You may call yourself True Christians but after reading all this.. i think you all are out of your mind..all of you are nuts. You think you are doing a great job with everything around you? All of you are narrow minded. I randomly came across your site and i have never felt more disgusted in my life. Even though i was/am not a Christian.. but i used to regard Christianity rather highly..but you guys are psychos and need help..not each others help. but a doctors help. This is the 21st century.. and you need to know that

Why are you attacking us? We didn't write the Bible. Take your issues up with God as to why it is okay to sell your daughter into slavery.

AmIOutOfMyMind 02-25-2011 07:21 PM

I wasn't trying to attack you. I just wanted to tell you to look around the world you are living in.. 90% in the world will consider the thing you practice and want to practice WRONG and idiotic.. and you still feel you guys are correct? and the rest of the world is mad??

Female children are of little importance in God's plan as they are as common as kittens at a shelter.
This is what one of your Brother wrote.. Was he delivered from heaven?? din't a woman give him birth?? Insane people!!

god never means anyone any harm i think its just how you interpret the writings... also assumimg god even exists..
go is the person u would want someone to be who has all ur moral beliefs within ...
god is the gudness inside u that u believe in .. that u still have
if u want me to argue or "attack " that god .. then im doing just that

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-25-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreYouOutOfYourMind (Post 701054)
I wasn't trying to attack you. I just wanted to tell you to look around the world you are living in.. 90% in the world will consider the thing you practice and want to practice WRONG and idiotic.. and you still feel you guys are correct? and the rest of the world is mad??

Jesus warned us that would happen.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

John 15:18-19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AreYouOutOfYourMind (Post 701054)
god never means anyone any harm i think its just how you interpret the writings... also assumimg god even exists..

It's just our interpretation? Friend, it's there in black and white.

Exodus 21:7-8 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

AmIOutOfMyMind 02-25-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson (Post 701061)
Jesus warned us that would happen.

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

John 15:18-19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

It's just our interpretation? Friend, it's there in black and white.

You might as well be the most understanding TRUE CHRISTIAN out here. And plus you are trying to explain everything.. But then selling your 13 year old daughter?! Is this guy out of his mind?! 13 years!! she is a kid..and he wants to sell her..DISGUSTING!!