The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16536)

Brother_Percy 10-16-2008 08:04 PM

What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist??

Friends,

I recently received a letter from a concerned parent. In the letter she told me that her daughter had been raped, but was refusing to marry her rapist as per Deuteronomy 22:28-29. The stupid girl actually wants to press charges on the man! :angry:

Not only that, but that she also plans to kill the poor unborn baby her rapist had given her! Sickening! Have young people today got NO morals? :thumbdown:

Any and all advice on what I can say to convince this girl to do the right thing would be great. Should I start with the basics ?

"Whore, you'll burn in Hell for all eternity - unless you marry your rapist"??

Or should I go for a more subtle approach??

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (King James Version)

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Nobar King 10-16-2008 08:14 PM

Re: What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?

Also, she might be able to spare that poor man prison time if she doesn't cry rape.

Ezekiel Bathfire 10-16-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Percy (Post 251209)
Friends,

I recently received a letter from a concerned parent. In the letter she told me that her daughter had been raped, but was refusing to marry her rapist. The stupid girl actually wants to press charges on the man! :angry:

Is the potential husband refusing to pay the 50 Shekels? If so, it's a job for her father and her brothers.

Quote:

Not only that, but that she also plans to kill the poor unborn baby her rapist had given her!
I suggest a copy of Mrs Palin's video on this matter.

Quote:

Any and all advice on what I can say to convince this girl to do the right thing would be great. Should I start with the basics ?
I think the first approach should certainly be to the father! I cannot see for a moment why she has the ability to refuse! Her wishes are of absolutely no importance whatsoever.

Old Iron Crotch 10-16-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Percy (Post 251209)
Friends,

I recently received a letter from a concerned parent. In the letter she told me that her daughter had been raped, but was refusing to marry her rapist. The stupid girl actually wants to press charges on the man! :angry:

Good for her!

Not only that, but that she also plans to kill the poor unborn baby her rapist had given her! Sickening! Have young people today got NO morals? :thumbdown:

You make it sound like being raped is a good thing if it results in a pregnancy.

"Whore, you'll burn in Hell for all eternity - unless you marry your rapist"??

Or should I go for a more subtle approach??

Pressing charges against the rapist IS the right thing.

Bob4God 10-16-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 251257)
Pressing charges against the rapist IS the right thing.

Do you have scripture to support that?

Old Iron Crotch 10-16-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob4God (Post 251263)
Do you have scripture to support that?

I have the law of the land to support it. I don't need your scriptures.

Talitha 10-16-2008 09:35 PM

Tell the parents to Invite the unfortunate Man around for Dinner. I'm sure given time that the Slut Girl will come around and see some common sense and get to like him.
He obviously finds her attractive.

On no account should she be allowed to murder the child.

Pastor Isaac Peters 10-16-2008 09:53 PM

How can she refuse to marry him? My reading of the relevant Bible verse is that once the money changes hands, she is automatically married to him. The parent should take every opportunity to remind her of that fact.

Jimmy-Roy Stewart 10-16-2008 11:28 PM

Fifty shekels whats' that in real money?

Jean Poole 10-16-2008 11:41 PM

Abou $190. So, that means that goth scum won't be able to get them. :thumbsup:They'll have spent all their money on crack and sacrificial cats.

God's provision and thought for our well-being amazes me sometimes. :innocent:

Pastor Ezekiel 10-16-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 251264)
I have the law of the land to support it. I don't need your scriptures.

Not once Sarah Palin takes office you don't. :angry:

Ahimaaz Smith 10-17-2008 01:43 AM

This is perplexing. Sure, the Bible tells us that disobedient sons must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21), but that doesn't technically apply to daughters. So, in this case, we must fall back on the admonition of Proverbs 20:30:

The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

I think you know what you have to do. And, for God's sake, keep at it until she relents.

christine85 10-17-2008 02:14 AM

Speaking like this is sick and twisted whether or not you people actually believe this stuff. My guess is you probably dont, which in my opinion, is even worse because you are spouting ridiculous hateful beliefs that you know to be false.

Nobar King 10-17-2008 02:25 AM

You're only 23. How could you be expected to know anything? You're old enough to have graduated from college. What was your major? Religious studies?

Pastor Ezekiel 10-17-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christine85 (Post 251478)
Speaking like this is sick and twisted whether or not you people actually believe this stuff. My guess is you probably dont, which in my opinion, is even worse because you are spouting ridiculous hateful beliefs that you know to be false.

Lady, you're going to have to make posts with proper American grammar, spelling and punctuation if you want Jesus to listen to your mindless rants.

Exactly which parts of the Holy Word of God do you find to be "sick and twisted?" :glare:

Brother_Percy 10-17-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 251257)
You make it sound like being raped is a good thing if it results in a pregnancy.

You make it sound like this girl is a 'rape-victim'. :thumbdown: Let's be clear here, the ONLY victim of rape is the man. He is the one who let this little temptress tease him into committing sin, and he is the one the courts victimize and throw into prison, when this girl was probably dressed as a whore and just asking to be raped. If girls didn't dress like prostitutes and sluts, poor men like this wouldnt fall into their trap. It's up to the girl to do the right thing, she obviously led this man on, and she should have to deal with the consequences. You play, you pay! :angry:

Brother Terrence 10-17-2008 02:32 PM

obviouslt this woman is a lezzie. tell her to ask her raper to dress up as a female, and see if in fact, she reconsiders.

Old Iron Crotch 10-17-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 251348)
Not once Sarah Palin takes office you don't. :angry:

The President does not have the power to create law out of whole cloth - only to sign or veto bills passed by both houses of Congress. And I seriously doubt that you would ever get a Congressional majority to pass a federal law saying that if a woman is raped, she must marry her rapist.

Ezekiel Bathfire 10-17-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Iron Crotch (Post 251780)
The President does not have the power to create law out of whole cloth - only to sign or veto bills passed by both houses of Congress. And I seriously doubt that you would ever get a Congressional majority to pass a federal law saying that if a woman is raped, she must marry her rapist.

Indeed! And is this not the whole of the trouble with this country?

All laws should have, as their only object, the intention that citizens should have a better chance of getting into Heaven!

These short-term, fluffy-bunny, Oooo let's kiss homers sort of laws are getting our citizens damned by gaily marching them down the broad path!

Theocracy OIC - Let theocracy be your watchword!

eliot mayfield 10-17-2008 09:31 PM

That is why we fight so hard to get republicans elected. We then get the supreme court and a Bible-based constitution is sure to follow!
Please vote republican in your local, state, and federal elections!