The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hello! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106384)

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 07:58 PM

Hello!

Greetings!

I am a Messianic Jew currently living in Canada. I came across your site while looking up shekel conversions to today's currency. I think you have some interesting ideas, and will continue to read through them.

Have a nice day.

WickedWitch 07-11-2015 08:15 PM

Re: Hello!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAbraham (Post 1151265)
Greetings!

I am a Messianic Jew currently living in Canada. I came across your site while looking up shekel conversions to today's currency. I think you have some interesting ideas, and will continue to read through them.

Have a nice day.

Hello, David;

It's nice to meet you. I think you're in for a few surprises if you decide to stick around.

Have a nice day, eh! :D

Brother Harold Porter 07-11-2015 08:17 PM

Welcome, I guess.

I imagine you own a pawn shop? Or a payday advance loan scam?

Jesus can save even the joos that killed Him. We are here to help. Tell us more about yourself and why you hate Him?

In Christ

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 1151270)
Welcome, I guess.

I imagine you own a pawn shop? Or a payday advance loan scam?

Jesus can save even the joos that killed Him. We are here to help. Tell us more about yourself and why you hate Him?

In Christ

No, I don't own a business of my own, actually. I work at a nearby McDonald's.
It is terrible that the Jews killed Jesus.
If you actually read and understood my post, you'll notice that I said I was Messianic. I would suggest looking up words you haven't heard before posting hateful comments about them. I love and believe in Jesus, I don't hate him. Use the Internet next time, it's a wonderful tool.
As for myself,I attend a synagogue every Sabbath. We read and believe in the entire Bible.

WickedWitch 07-11-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 1151270)
Welcome, I guess.

<snip>Anti-Semitic stuff, general unpleasantness</snip>

In Christ

That was Surprise #1, David. I'd brace myself for more of the same if I were you. Just some advice, one Canuck to another.

Mike Miller 07-11-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAbraham (Post 1151272)

It was terrible. The hatred you and your forefathers have toward us Christians is also terrible.

Quote:

If you actually read and understood my post, you'll notice that I said I was Messianic. I would suggest looking up words you haven't heard before posting hateful comments about them.
What's there to understand? You probably look like Ron Jermey or Jared from Subway.

Quote:

I love and believe in Jesus, I don't hate him. Use the Internet next time, it's a wonderful tool.
As for myself,I attend a synagogue every Sabbath. We read and believe in the entire Bible.
John 8:44 ---- "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Dr Laurence Niles 07-11-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

If you actually read and understood my post, you'll notice that I said I was Messianic.

What does being Mexican have to do with anything?

Say, I hope you're not one of those rapist we've been warned about :badmood:

YIC

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1151279)
What does being Mexican have to do with anything?

Say, I hope you're not one of those rapist we've been warned about :badmood:

YIC

I'm confused... Where did I say that I was Mexican?
Also, why would I be a rapist?

Dr Laurence Niles 07-11-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAbraham (Post 1151280)
I'm confused... Where did I say that I was Mexican?
Also, why would I be a rapist?

Quote:

If you actually read and understood my post, you'll notice that I said I was Messianic.
Don't you watch the news? Godly Donnie shoots from the hip!

Hip shooting and plain talking

YIC

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Miller (Post 1151277)
It was terrible. The hatred you and your forefathers have toward us Christians is also terrible.

What's there to understand? You probably look like Ron Jermey or Jared from Subway.

John 8:44 ---- "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Sorry, I don't see what you're not getting. If I said I don't hate Jesus, I probably don't hate Christians.

As for me being Messianic, by understanding that term you could have already known what I said above.

Finally, what does that verse have to do with me? I'm not one of the unbelieving Jews.

Mike Miller 07-11-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAbraham (Post 1151288)
Sorry, I don't see what you're not getting. If I said I don't hate Jesus, I probably don't hate Christians.

As for me being Messianic, by understanding that term you could have already known what I said above.

Finally, what does that verse have to do with me? I'm not one of the unbelieving Jews.

So, you are a Mexican Jew? Odd mix, I guess.

So you are a jockey that bets on yourself?

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Miller (Post 1151290)
So, you are a Mexican Jew? Odd mix, I guess.

So you are a jockey that bets on yourself?

I'm getting more and more confused. How odd!

I never said I was Mexican. Why do you?
And where did the jockey stuff come from?

BuddyBraeswood 07-11-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1151274)
<snip>Anti-Semitic stuff, general unpleasantness</snip>

Have you ever read the talmud? Being a witch am sure you've come across it. jews have all kinds of names for anyone who isn't jew. Anti-semitic, made up word by jews for people to feel sorry for them.

"Woe be unto us if they ever see the futility of it, lay down the pen and employ the sword." -Harold Wallace Rosenthal 1976

Quote:

Great, you include the New Testament.

Just, Messianic Jew? cold fire, silent scream, pickles with peanut butter. Jesus was not a jew though.

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyBraeswood (Post 1151300)

Just, Messianic Jew? cold fire, silent scream, pickles with peanut butter. Jesus was not a jew though.

What does that first line mean? What are you trying to say? Please explain.

I am shocked to learn that Jesus was not Jew. I would love to see the scripture reference so I can correct my misguided belief.

Dr Laurence Niles 07-11-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidAbraham (Post 1151307)
What does that first line mean? What are you trying to say? Please explain.

I am shocked to learn that Jesus was not Jew. I would love to see the scripture reference so I can correct my misguided belief.

Please click the link you were kindly supplied with.

All the best, YIC.

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1151309)
Please click the link you were kindly supplied with.

All the best, YIC.

Thank you, I didn't notice it at first. I thought that Matthew chapter 1 showed a direct lineage from Jacob, not Esau, to Jesus. Or does it not?

Alvin Moss 07-11-2015 09:59 PM

Welcome to you then, Abraham. Even Jews are welcome here if they come seeking furtherance of their relationship with Jesus and for fellowship with Christians. Many believe that the Jews are damned to Hell for killing Jesus up on Golgotha, using their proxies, the godless Romans. And they are, but salvation is still possible for the individual. God gives us free will and we are to use it to abide by His will. Thus, even a Jew could be saved and ascend to heaven one day.

James Hutchins 07-11-2015 10:22 PM

Welcome David. I hope you do not plan to joo Jesus.
While God may of forgiven you for trying to kill Him, it upsets me to see people who try to enslave others, especially with nails. It just seems so, well, barbaric. What have you got to say for yourself?

On a personal note, you must love all the free Salmon where you are.

DavidAbraham 07-11-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1151318)
Welcome David. I hope you do not plan to joo Jesus.
While God may of forgiven you for trying to kill Him, it upsets me to see people who try to enslave others, especially with nails. It just seems so, well, barbaric. What you got to say for yourself?

On a personal note, you must love all the free Salmon where you are.

Thanks for the comment.
I'm not trying to enslave anyone, I am just trying to get an answer about what Matthew chapter 1 says with regards to Jesus being an Edomite, as per what the like I was kindly provided with states.

Witch Hammer 07-11-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

If you actually read and understood my post, you'll notice that I said I was Messianic. I would suggest looking up words you haven't heard before posting hateful comments about them. I love and believe in Jesus, I don't hate him. Use the Internet next time, it's a wonderful tool.

You deserve an infraction for that, hooknose! You'd think that after the multigenerational sh!tstorm Jesus has unleashed upon you people, you'd eventually learn to prostrate yourselves at the feet of your betters! Uppity!:angry: