The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   CONTEST: VISUALIZE HORRIBLE DEATHS FOR BELIEVERS OF "THE SECRET" (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=28933)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-06-2009 07:27 AM

CONTEST: VISUALIZE HORRIBLE DEATHS FOR BELIEVERS OF "THE SECRET"

1 Attachment(s)
There are many believers in a New Age heresy called "The Law Of Attraction", particularily since the release of a book and movie called "The Secret". Basically they believe that in order to get rich, they only need to visualize money (without even praying for it:wacko:) and if they want world peace, they just have to imagine it (once again, they actually believe it will come without prayer).

They also believe that starving people are poor because they don't think about food enough, and 13-year old boys are virgins because they don't visualize sex enough. Rape victims must have been thinking perverted thoughts, etc.

So, with this in mind, I announce a new contest: BEST VISUALIZATION OF LAW OF ATTRACTION BELIEVERS DIEING HORRIBLE DEATHS AND/OR BURNING IN HELL!:D

These can be in the form of artwork, photoshopped images, video, or a very well written description. Winner gets a medal. All may participate, even unsaved trash.

Remember, we don't want to actually pray for them to die, because that would actually work, and thus be a form of murder. We just want to "visualize" them suffering - which doesn't do a thing....

Here's an extremely crude example, just to get you started:
http://www.sdhuntersafety.com/CSS-BA...2015%20038.jpghttp://www.bobproctor.com/June14.gif

Pastor Ezekiel 09-06-2009 08:38 AM

Re: CONTEST: VISUALIZE HORRIBLE DEATHS FOR BELIEVERS OF "THE SECR

Sounds like spolied brat hippie dirtbag nonsense to me. :threaten:

Personally, I can't wait to watch these fools burn in hell. No I can't. :sinner: :haha:

Rev. Jim Osborne 09-06-2009 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now I'm not too savvy with the computers, so I asked my 12 year old grandson to come up with something.

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-06-2009 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'tis but a dream...

David Goldman 09-06-2009 01:15 PM

My photoshop skills are poor, so I will try something like a haiku:

I call it, In My Mind

In my mind,
I can visualize a world without war;
a world without hate.

And in my mind,
I can visualize us attacking that world,
because they'd never expect it.

Isabella Abbey 09-06-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Goldman (Post 396120)
My photoshop skills are poor, so I will try something like a haiku:

I call it, In My Mind

In my mind,
I can visualize a world without war;
a world without hate.

And in my mind,
I can visualize us attacking that world,
because they'd never expect it.

5-7-5, Mr. David. Haiku is 5-7-5.

(The real concern, though, is your content.... :fear2:)

David Goldman 09-06-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella Abbey (Post 396141)
5-7-5, Mr. David. Haiku is 5-7-5.

(The real concern, though, is your content.... :fear2:)

Well, that's why I said "like" haiku. It is actually closer to senryuo (川柳), but not too many people have heard of that.

And yes, it is a little more elegant in the original Japanese, and loses a little something when I translate it into English ;)

Edit:
私の心で、
戦争なしで世界を視覚化してもいい;
憎悪のない世界。

そして私の心で、
その世界を攻撃している私達を視覚化してもいい,
彼らが決してそれを期待しないので。

Levi Jones 09-06-2009 03:29 PM

With my limited photoshop skills, I came up with Rhonda Byrne (Author of The Secret) and hopefully what's happening will be apparent.

http://www.zweg.com/dump/photo/wd_copy.jpg

http://www.zweg.com/dump/thumblist.php?show=wd_copy.jpg

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-06-2009 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know Patrick Swayze has nothing to do with "The Secret", I'm just sick of him outrunning the HELL TRAIN.:angry::firedevil:

L:loveshower: Sister Thumper

Glendora Christianson 09-06-2009 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 396076)
I announce a new contest: BEST VISUALIZATION OF LAW OF ATTRACTION BELIEVERS DIEING HORRIBLE DEATHS AND/OR BURNING IN HELL!:D

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-06-2009 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I know Patrick Swayze has nothing to do with "The Secret", I'm just sick of him outrunning the HELL TRAIN.
The star of RED DAWN?!?:fear2::angry:

So far it's a tie between the OpraRoller and the meatgrinder. The Rhonda stoning is great, but just doesn't have enough gore.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-07-2009 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why do none of us have Photoshop? Is it JesOS incompatable? Oh well, the low quality paint pics just force us to visualize harder.:thumbsup:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-08-2009 02:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The following submission was initially rejected due to indecency. (Nipples were visible). Here is the new version, edited for decency:

Nobar King 09-08-2009 02:22 AM

That resembles the Alien-3 movie, which children should not be allowed to see.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-15-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 396176)
I know Patrick Swayze has nothing to do with "The Secret", I'm just sick of him outrunning the HELL TRAIN.:angry::firedevil:

L:loveshower: Sister Thumper

IT WORKS! IT WORKS! All we had to do was look at your pic, and now PATRICK SWAYZE IS DEAD!

Daisy Mae Johnson 09-15-2009 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 400452)
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! All we had to do was look at your pic, and now PATRICK SWAYZE IS DEAD!

Holy buckets!!!! Let's try THIS!

TC Patriot 09-17-2009 07:02 PM

I don't have any photo shop stuff but I would like to line them up and fire a Colt 1911 at them and have them visualize that they are wearing a bullet proof vest.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 12-20-2018 11:44 PM

Re: CONTEST: VISUALIZE HORRIBLE DEATHS FOR BELIEVERS OF "THE SECRET"

I haven't heard much about the Law Of Attraction for a while, yet the idea is still alive: think of how many times the same group of post-Christian rich white women complain that talking about this or that bad thing "normalizes" that bad thing. Think of how many times the mere mention of a bad thing makes them assume that you support that bad thing.

Or how saying this or that "dehumanizes" people or commits "erasure", and they act like your words literally erased someone, or turned them into a newt.

So TRIGGER WARNING: giant meatgrinders, Oprah-squashing rollers, and Scientologist chainsaw-maniacs have now been NORMALIZED!

P.S. bonus prize for the Pope Ratzinger pic, thanks to our visualizing he has been railroaded out of his job. But of course there's no literal trains in Vatican City, you can't have railroads when you refuse to tear down your wall.