The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=107225)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-29-2015 01:08 PM

Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
The debate, so far:

Liberalmedia: "Let's make blacks distrust the police!"

Me: "Why?"

"Because Black Lives Matter!"

"...Except when they get killed by criminals, right? Because more blacks get killed by criminals than by police."

"The fact that more blacks get killed by criminals than by police is also a reason to distrust the police".

"Huh?"

"Police fail to protect blacks from criminals, because blacks don't trust the police."

"That's just what I was saying."

Without trust of the police, we will have no civilization!

"That's just what I was saying."

"I know! Listen up black people, keep distrusting the police! F*** the police! F*** the police!"

I know it sounds like some kind of straw-man caricature, but read this liberalmedia article which I've been paraphrasing:
Critics of racial disparities in the criminal justice system often get asked a single question: "But what about black-on-black crime?" The rhetorical question is meant to argue that if you really think black lives matter, you should be more worried about black-on-black homicides that take thousands of lives each year, not police brutality and mass incarceration. That, defenders of police say, is the real racial problem in criminal justice today.

But in her new book Ghettoside, journalist Jill Leovy argues that the abhorrent levels of black-on-black homicide and other racial disparities in the criminal justice system are two sides of the same coin as summarized by this great paragraph:
Like the schoolyard bully, our criminal justice system harasses people on small pretexts but is exposed as a coward before murder. It hauls masses of black men through its machinery but fails to protect them from bodily injury and death. It is at once oppressive and inadequate.
Under this argument, black Americans are exposed to both neglect and over-policing by the criminal justice system.
Okay, sounds reasonable so far. I would advise against the term "over-policing", it's not that there is a dial somewhere that you turn to the proper policing level. The problem is that the policing is being done poorly. If someone is driving in the wrong direction, you don't call it "over-driving", you just say they're driving poorly.

On one hand, the criminal justice system is highly active in black communities, but typically with a focus on petty offenses. Stop and frisk in major US cities targets drugs and other nonviolent crimes. The brutal arrest and death of Eric Garner, a black man in New York City, came about after he allegedly sold untaxed cigarettes. Courts and police in Ferguson, Missouri, focused on low-level crimes to raise revenue through fines and court fees from black residents.

Sounds like they are out there, meeting people every day. Why, they must be on a first-name basis with everyone. Hardly an "occupying army".

Now for the part I was paraphrasing in my debate above:
As Charis Kubrin, criminologist at the University of California Irvine, told me, people are much less likely to cooperate with police if they feel that cops are harassing them on a daily basis. "People don't feel like they can go to the police even if they've witnessed crimes, because they don't trust the police, and there's antagonism there," she said. "And police can't do the job on their own they need the community to help them."

Police have a harder time getting their jobs done when they don't have community cooperation. A study published in the National Institute of Justice Journal, for example, found murders are a lot more likely to be solved when police officers are faster at securing a scene, notifying homicide detectives, and identifying witnesses. All of these tasks are easier if locals are willing to cooperate.

What's worse, police's inability to solve crimes can lead to more lawlessness. As Leovy notes in Ghettoside, people are more likely to take matters into their own hands and resort to violence if they no longer believe that the criminal justice system will protect them. Putting an end to retaliatory violence, which can be rooted in even small and personal disputes about relationships, is one of the reasons we have a criminal justice system in the first place, Leovy wrote:
In the dim early stirring of civilization, many scholars believe, law itself was developed as a response to legal "self-help": people's desire to settle their own scores. Rough justice slowly gave way to organized state monopolies on violence. The low homicide rate of some modern democracies are, perhaps, an aberration in human history. They were built, as the scholar Eric Monkkonen said, not by any formal act, but "by a much longer developmental process whereby individuals willingly give up their implicit power to the state."
Got that? "Blacks don't trust police, and that makes murderers get away with it, and even creates a situation where vigilantes become gangs become warlords and that's the end of civilization...

...So let's keep spreading distrust of the police!"

Virginia Day Templeton 09-29-2015 03:27 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Big Melanin and BLM claim that the police are "harassing" thuggers, but what does that mean? Simply that the police are doing their job. White people get pulled over for speeding; blacks get punished for "driving while black." It's pure baloney. The reason why thuggers are disproportionately represented in the prison population is because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime... period. In fact, blacks are so dangerous that their mere presence is the single greatest predictor of an area's violent crime rate.

That is important because it totally destroys this canard:

Quote:

"Police fail to protect blacks from criminals, because blacks don't trust the police."
When police try to protect blacks from criminals (by arresting those criminals), the blacks accuse them of racism, because the criminals are always black. Someone who isn't loaded with drugs and has no outstanding warrants would have no problem going to the police. If thuggers are afraid to tap this vital community resource, then that tells us what we already know: that they are criminals!

Black lives matter, but only when they're taken by whites -- which means almost no black lives actually matter. Their logic, not mine.

Paul Tarzan 10-06-2015 08:46 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
So you claim to be against big government, but support the increasingly fascist police state in our country which is the EPITOME of big government? OK...

PS: JESUS was a victim of police brutality too...remember that.

Mary Etheldreda 10-06-2015 08:49 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1161067)
PS: JESUS was a victim of police brutality too...remember that.

You're not alone. Mr. Etheldreda blames Obama for that, too.

:)

Alvin Moss 10-06-2015 11:33 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1161067)
So you claim to be against big government, but support the increasingly fascist police state in our country which is the EPITOME of big government? OK...

PS: JESUS was a victim of police brutality too...remember that.

We hire policemen in Texas to arrest violent people who are, naturally, mostly Negroes, though some are Mexicans and a few White people have been arrested as well. Do you have Negroes in Wisconsin? If so, who do you people call when they run amok?

Des 10-06-2015 11:59 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1161088)
We hire policemen in Texas to arrest violent people who are, naturally, mostly Negroes, though some are Mexicans and a few White people have been arrested as well. Do you have Negroes in Wisconsin? If so, who do you people call when they run amok?

It has been statistically proven that Whites only commit victimless crimes like racketeering, drug & human trafficking, bet booking, prostitution, bank heists, jewel robberies, and internet piracy. Only minorities commit violent crimes. All White violent crimes are either false conviction cases or statistically insignificant anomalies.

Virginia Day Templeton 10-07-2015 03:07 AM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1161067)
So you claim to be against big government, but support the increasingly fascist police state in our country which is the EPITOME of big government? OK...

PS: JESUS was a victim of police brutality too...remember that.

I am hardly pro-cop. Not sure where you got the idea that I am, if you are addressing me.

If I ran America, police would stop patrolling ghettos entirely. Get them out of those thugged-out hoods, give the thuggers what they want and see how they like it. I guarantee that in a week they would be begging us to send the cops back in. "It be us' sibil rahts!" Sorry, thuggers. No-go. There is also little need for police in civilized communities like Freehold, where people know how to behave themselves and generally act like human beings instead of feral baboons. A gun is a wonderful tool in the hands of a responsible citizen and is sufficient to resolve the vast majority of conflicts. In extreme cases, private security forces can straighten things out.

The only places where cops are really needed are the border zones where thuggers come into contact with law-abiding people. I support a limited police presence in those areas. Even there, decent citizens should be armed and ready to go Bernie Goetz the moment a thugger's paw grasps at a purse or comes up with a blade.

WilliamJenningsBryan 10-07-2015 09:05 AM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Contrary to what the LIEbrul media would like you to believe, police are not the foundation of civilization - Jesus is.

According to figures compiled in 2008, the United States has 373 police officers per 100,000 population (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olice_officers). Even high single digit or low double digit percentages of the population that decide to become criminals could quickly overwhelm the police and lead to widespread disorder and breakdown in civilization. It's the belief in eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire that keeps civilization intact.

Contrast the Godly US with Vatican City (from the same report) - 15,550 police per 100,000 population. One more reason to distrust the cathylicks.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-04-2020 07:07 PM

Re: Liberalmedia: police are the foundation of civilization, so F** the police
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Tarzan (Post 1161067)
JESUS was a victim of police brutality too...remember that.

Jesus was crucified because a weak democrat-like leader chose to appease a puritanical lynch mob:
Matthew 27:22-26 When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but that instead a riot was breaking out, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “You bear the responsibility.” All the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!” So Pilate released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed Him over to be crucified.
Also, pretty certain that Jesus wasn't arrested for pointing a gun at a pregnant woman's belly while high on fentinyl, but then, I guess I've not studied my bible as much as you democrats have in the last couple of hours....

Quote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/06...1111357984.jpg
"What the hell language is this thing in? And why are the pages so thin?"


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved