The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=94753)

Alphonse Alban 11-29-2013 02:28 AM

Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
1 Attachment(s)
For us Christians it is obvious that KJV Bible is 100% accurate on all accounts as it is the perfect word of God and there are NO contradiction in it. However, if there are someones doubting it, it can be easily demonstrated how wrong they are.

Especially New testament is handy for this, as there are several different accurate records about life of Jesus. These are of course four gospels. They are all 100% accurate eyewitness reports of men whose hands were moved by God.
2 Timothy 3:16

So we all know how Jesus went over sea of Galilee into the land Gergesenes, (also known as land of Gadarenes) drove devils out of men, killed whole livestock of nearby city in process and because of that angered the people of the city and then came back home. Not only we know that, but we also can see exactly how this happened and how all the people were placed at the scene. We can even see the direction of the wind because Bible is so accurate about these historical events.

Quote:

Matthew 8:28-34

28*And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29*And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30*And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31*So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32*And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
33*And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.
34*And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.


Quote:

Mark 5:1-13

5*And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2*And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3*Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4*Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5*And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6*But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7*And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8*For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9*And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10*And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11*Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12*And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13*And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.
Quote:

Luke 8:26-32

26*And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.
27*And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
28*When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
29*(For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)
30*And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
31*And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
32*And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

I drew quickly this picture as well to highlight the obvious, so not even the most skeptical reader can't deny the historical accuracy of this account.

Billy Bob Jenkins 11-29-2013 11:29 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Brother, this is all so true it makes me weep redeeming tears into the welcoming lap of Christ. I am as certain that this will bring atheists to Jesus as I am that God loves me more than the abandoned desolation of Africa.

I say this because I have witnessed the synchronous speech of devil twins, who are all inducted into the legions of the antiChrist while fornicating inside their mother's womb. Triplets and above are exponentially more revolting to God. It is the same equation that you use to assess the foulness of a dwarf. The sinfulness of dwarfism is the factorial of the difference between their height and that of a normal person.

Cranky Old Man 11-29-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Praise Jesus for helping you to grow from an ignorant ice cube gobbler to an impressive preacher of the brilliance of Jesus Christ guided by the Holy Spirit Himself! Yet more proof that nothing is impossible when God is involved (Luke 18:27).

Pim Pendergast 11-30-2013 12:05 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Obviously the disciples never discussed this event (or many other important events in the life of Jesus) among themselves afterwards. This proves that the Gospel accounts are based on eyewitness testimony and not mere hearsay.

Halleluyah Rob 12-01-2013 08:36 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Brother, how you so gracefully put to rest any irrational dissent against the LORD is inspiring! Why anyone would expect the accounts of three different men to be written exactly the same is beyond me. Now THAT would be defying logic.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-01-2013 11:39 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 


WWJDnow 12-05-2013 02:49 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 1044932)


Wonderful video! I hate the people who say that the Alexander the Great prophesy in the Book of Daniel was written after Alexander the Great's conquests. Well, here's a guy who has a bachelors degree in History saying that they're full of it. Take that, atheists!

Alphonse Alban 01-07-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
GLORY!

I've had very positive feedback from this practical and in-detail facts based bible study. Preliminary DOF reports shows that over 7 out of 10 atheists that have read this testimony have been moved so deeply by Jesus, that they have left their atheist faith behind and started their road in becoming Christians.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 1044457)
I say this because I have witnessed the synchronous speech of devil twins, who are all inducted into the legions of the antiChrist while fornicating inside their mother's womb. Triplets and above are exponentially more revolting to God. It is the same equation that you use to assess the foulness of a dwarf. The sinfulness of dwarfism is the factorial of the difference between their height and that of a normal person.

Amen, brother. I have studied more deeply this synchronous possession and it's turns out it's more common that we have though. Especially in third world countries, like ornament, where word of Jesus has not reached yet, evil spirits are commonly running rampant. In this clip from documentary film we can even see these ornamentals gathered up to cheer and laugh at these possessed groups of people.


John C. Coleman 01-12-2014 09:51 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Shout GLORY! Godly post brother Alban! This should be shown to every God-Mocker that tries to join the website!

Brother John Doe 01-22-2014 02:53 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
The simplest logic is this, if Christianity was really "wrong" over the 2,000 years it has been around, then why are we still here today? Things that aren't real don't exist, so if I exist, if Landover Baptist Church exists, and if Bibles around the world exist, than logic shows that Christianity must be real.

LoadofGrace 03-13-2014 11:11 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Logic can not prove the accuracy of the Bible as logic can not exist in God. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27
Thus, in order for God to have logic, logic must exist in man AND woman. Surely, it is self evident that there has never been a logical woman, so the proposition fails.

Alphonse Alban 03-13-2014 11:16 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1072867)
Logic can not prove the accuracy of the Bible as logic can not exist in God. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27
Thus, in order for God to have logic, logic must exist in man AND woman. Surely, it is self evident that there has never been a logical woman, so the proposition fails.

Bible is the most logical book ever written, as it is a perfect word of God. You see, notice the word "image". It is true that Adam was a true Caucasian male and image of God, but only image, not a God.

As God is perfect, it's perfectly logical that God is logical, because as He is perfectly logical also His logic must be perfect, because God Himself is perfect.

A Follower 03-14-2014 01:27 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1072867)
Logic can not prove the accuracy of the Bible as logic can not exist in God. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27
Thus, in order for God to have logic, logic must exist in man AND woman. Surely, it is self evident that there has never been a logical woman, so the proposition fails.

Thank you for your interesting observations, but that sentence has three parts:
1. So God created man in his own image,
2. in the image of God created he him;
3. male and female created he them.

In the first two parts of the sentence God clearly tells us He created man in His image. However in the third part where he shows the similarities between men and women He only says he created them both, with no more reference to creating in His image.

Obviously this means that while we men are like God, women aren't, they're merely something created by Him, just like plants and animals.

LoadofGrace 03-14-2014 08:50 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Follower (Post 1072903)
Thank you for your interesting observations, but that sentence has three parts:
1. So God created man in his own image,
2. in the image of God created he him;
3. male and female created he them.

In the first two parts of the sentence God clearly tells us He created man in His image. However in the third part where he shows the similarities between men and women He only says he created them both, with no more reference to creating in His image.

Obviously this means that while we men are like God, women aren't, they're merely something created by Him, just like plants and animals.

Your interpretation is one possible interpretation, but obviously, in error, because he included male in the third clause. If the third clause had been "and female he created he him." then what you say would assuredly be correct. In respect to "image" he was showing equality of the sexes. God's ways are ever mysterious.

Aaliyah 03-14-2014 08:56 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1073015)
Your interpretation is one possible interpretation, but obviously, in error, because he included male in the third clause. If the third clause had been "and female he created he him." then what you say would assuredly be correct. In respect to "image" he was showing equality of the sexes. God's ways are ever mysterious.

2 Peter 1:20 Scripture is not up to private interpretation. You would know that if you had read it. :thumbdown: We follow The Word™ as it is written.

LoadofGrace 03-14-2014 08:59 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 1072869)
Bible is the most logical book ever written, as it is a perfect word of God. You see, notice the word "image". It is true that Adam was a true Caucasian male and image of God, but only image, not a God.

As God is perfect, it's perfectly logical that God is logical, because as He is perfectly logical also His logic must be perfect, because God Himself is perfect.

You make an assumption that a thing, "logic", has the divine attribute of perfection. Can you prove that logic is perfect? If logic were perfect, it would always lead to salvation, but the use of logic often leads to "questioning" and, is, therefore, man or Satan made.

This is such a simple argument, even my loser cousin DeWayne understands it.

WilliamJenningsBryan 03-14-2014 09:14 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1073021)
You make an assumption that a thing, "logic", has the divine attribute of perfection. Can you prove that logic is perfect? If logic were perfect, it would always lead to salvation, but the use of logic often leads to "questioning" and, is, therefore, man or Satan made.

This is such a simple argument, even my loser cousin DeWayne understands it.

The mistake your are making is assuming that "logic" is a "thing". Logic is not a "thing", it is a process.

Alphonse Alban 03-14-2014 11:13 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1073021)
Can you prove that logic is perfect?

Oh dear, you still don't get it. There is logic and there is logic. One of God is perfect as God is perfect. Very simple. This is still not the point.

This is not the case of proving existence of logic or road to salvation. Of course this is pointless as Bible is true on all accounts as it is written by God. This is just a simple matter of showing without a doubt that Bible is true. If logic is too difficult concept for you to understand, you can change title of this thread in your head to "Reason proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written." No matter how you look at it, this is just another way to high-light the known fact, that Bible is perfect, from the different angle. Even hell-bound heathens must admit that Bible is perfect when faced with overwhelming evidence such as this.

Simple.

A Follower 03-14-2014 01:52 PM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadofGrace (Post 1073015)
Your interpretation is one possible interpretation, but obviously, in error, because he included male in the third clause. If the third clause had been "and female he created he him." then what you say would assuredly be correct. In respect to "image" he was showing equality of the sexes. God's ways are ever mysterious.


That was a pretty stupid thing to say. God does not allow us to interpret the Bible. He wrote down what He wanted it to say.

Does it say He created women in His image? No. It says He created women. Period. So did He create women in His image? No.

Of course you can make the Bible mean anything to you if you don't actually look at what it says, but at what you think it should've said and ignoring the actual words of the Text, and pulling in various unrelated words from other parts of the Bible.

Your preposterous belief in radical feminism colors your reading of the Bible, because you think women should be worth the same as men you try to force God's words to fit your preconceived notions. But by doing that you're actually claiming you know better than God what the Bible should've said.

Fortunately you are not smarter than God, so I'll take God's Word over yours as to what He meant. Just like you should.

So why were women created? God does explain that, and you don't even have to mangle Bible verses to fit the explanation to make it sound reasonable:
Genesis 2:18-21:
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
In verse 18 God explains Adam needs a help meet. In 19 God creates all animals and birds. In 20 God acknowledges that no animal is fit as a help meet to Adam. So in 21-22 He creates a woman so Adam can have his help meet.
That's what a woman is, not just like a man created in God's image, but something different and distinct, something created for one and only one reason: to help and serve a man.

And on her position in society:
I Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
I Corinthians 11:8-9
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
Moreover, all the verses I quoted in this post prove in yet another way that your interpretation is wrong: if Genesis 1:27 should be interpreted as you say, with men and women being equal, how do you explain that in other verses women are not equal to men? It would mean the Bible is not internally consistent and that God is not always and forever the same, but whimsically changes His mind over important issues. That obviously can't be true, because God says it isn't true. The Bible is one perfect whole, completely logical and consistent.

JewPincher 03-17-2014 05:21 AM

Re: Logic proves Bible as the most accurate book about history ever written.
 
Remember, this isn't just the most accurate history book. The Bible is the most accurate science book of all time too! :thumbsup:

Because all other history books are based off of written accounts by people, they are flawed. Whereas the Bible is the Word of God and cannot be flawed. :praise:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved