The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Pastor Zeke's News Wire (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What does "Malarky" mean? Making sense of Joe Biden's Super Tuesday win. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117395)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-04-2020 03:05 AM

What does "Malarky" mean? Making sense of Joe Biden's Super Tuesday win.

Joe Biden's "No Malarkey" campaign is winning. The left does not know what to make of it:

https://i.redd.it/frxvh0wgfhk41.jpg

It could be that "the silent majority" really is a thing. Or it could be that there is life off of Reddit.

It could be that people don't like "Malarkey".

Strange word to make prominent. It sounds like the sort thing you'd only hear from an old guy. An old guy who has seen it all, who knows there's nothing new under the sun.

I'm starting to like the word. As I said here, the ALT-Right and CTRL-Left are two sides of the same coin. But what should I call the coin itself? Malarky. The ALT-right and the CTRL-left are two sides of the same malarky.

Wondering why, for the last 5 years the electorate has kept choosing the oldest, least hip, and least "woke" candidate available to them? And every time you point out how old fashioned the candidates are, they only get more popular?

Turns out the key to electoral victory is immunity to woke-o-virus. If I were a campaign consultant, I would divert all my money from advertising and spend it on researching life-extension technology. People will be willing to vote for a head-in-a-jar on a cyborg body as long as it's not anywhere near the social justice warriors.

And "nowhere near" is key, because by October, leftist activists will be doing all sorts of headline-grabbing stunts. They always do this right before an election.* There's not much a Dem candidate can do about this, except to be so old and doddering that you obviously have nothing to do with it. Joe Biden probably thinks that "womyn" is a typo, "trigger warning" must be some sort of gun-safety proposal, and "intersectionality" means someone who wants more traffic circles.

Well played Democrat electorate, you proved my optimistic predictions wrong.

I should have paid more attention to history, which teaches us that boring workhorses tend to eventually defeat shiny gimmicks. I've already talked about how conflicts are usually won by "people who are unluckier, slower, stupider, or less adaptable than their enemies...most wars are won by those sorts of people. They muddle their way though, build a solid logistical foundation, acquire lots of artillery, figure out how to get the least unfavorable kill-ratio they can manage and then grind away until the enemy genius sees his luck run out."

Of course, I still have my faith in Jesus, which means I have faith that Joe will still be Stumped by Trump! :wallbash:

*In 2000 anti-globalization agitators got Democrats to vote for Ralph Nader, splitting their vote. In 2004 gay marriage activists caused multitudes of previously apolitical Christians to re-elect Bush. In 2016 there are a lot of activists to credit, but I'll give my credit to BLM, which should be renamed Back-Lash Matters. In 2018 Democrats snatched stalemate from the jaws of victory by funding a migrant caravan, and held a failed kangeroo-court because Brett Kavanaugh drank beer in the 1980's. None of their agenda has been carried out as a result of this stalemate.

Johny Joe Hold 03-04-2020 04:52 AM

Re: What does "Malarky" mean? Making sense of Joe Biden's Super Tuesday win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1265188)
Joe Biden's "No Malarkey" campaign is winning. The left does not know what to make of it:
Of course, I still have my faith in Jesus, which means I have faith that Joe will still be Stumped by Trump! :wallbash:

That's no malarkey, Brother Jeb. Your view that Jesus will see to it President Trump is reelected is all the more valid when one remembers Joey is a Catholic. Of course the priests won't serve him wine because of his sinful views, but that will not score points with Jesus.

Social Construct 03-04-2020 02:40 PM

Doesn't count. Internalized oppression. Manufactured consent. False consciousness.

Elections don't count when moderates rig them by convincing people to vote for moderates.

CIA propaganda. Lizardmen/Lizardwomyn mind control. Subliminal hair-brushing techniques.

handmaiden 03-05-2020 10:51 PM

"Marlarky" sounds like some sugary breakfast spread made from the bark of a tree.

:yucky:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-10-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Wondering why, for the last 5 years the electorate has kept choosing the oldest, least hip, and least "woke" candidate available to them?

The tragic saga of Lizzie "Woke-ahantas" Warren deserves an epic Ken Burns series all its own. Her trail of tears from the rich hunting grounds of wonkish, economic-policy nerdery, to the smallpox-infested reservation of pandering to rich SJW wine-Aunts. "Nevertheless, she persisted"? No she didn't. She started behaving like a politician at a time when people will vote for anything, ANYTHING, other than a politician. America voted for...Whatever Trump is...Because he's not a politician. America would have voted for a Nerd-girl too. But she didn't persist.

Quote:

leftist activists will be doing all sorts of headline-grabbing stunts. They always do this right before an election.* There's not much a Dem candidate can do about this, except to be so old and doddering that you obviously have nothing to do with it.
Another thing you can do is just plain wrestle leftist protesters off the stage:

Here's Bernie VS the exact same group of activists, watch him give 4 seconds of token resistance and then meander off with his tail between his legs:

It's a perfect laboratory experiment: 9 out of 10 electorates prefer the candidate who literally does not give an inch to lefty activists.

By the way, I'm almost ready to sympathies with the anti-ice cream rioters, because Coronavirus could have been prevented if more people were vegans. Except that these protesters clearly don't care about Coronavirus. They go to crowded events, wrestle with the elderly, and so on right after (I assume) handling bats in their last Satanic black mass.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-11-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1265396)
I'm almost ready to sympathies with the anti-ice cream rioters, because Coronavirus could have been prevented if more people were vegans. Except that these protesters clearly don't care about Coronavirus. They go to crowded events, wrestle with the elderly...

This just in: The Democratic debate on Sunday will be held without an audience, both Biden and Sanders are cancelling events and mass gatherings.

There might still be wrestling, but it will be between the candidates, nobody will be dogpiled by vegan cuties wearing too much lipstick.

Booooooring.

Sally Paulson 03-12-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Wondering why, for the last 5 years the electorate has kept choosing the oldest, least hip, and least "woke" candidate available to them?

And, dear Wökerwanderung, now that Things Have Gotten Real, do you really think your need for safe-spaces and washrooms-for-30-genders is ever going to be anyone else's top priority?

Thanks to our failure to prioritize, now we are not only politically and culturally divided, we can't even come within 3 feet of each other any more. How will you complain about Manspreading NOW?

https://www.independent.co.ug/wp-con.../03/italy1.jpg

Johny Joe Hold 03-13-2020 02:09 AM

They could do good natured but hard punches to the shoulders. That is a guy thing from their generation.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-13-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

And "nowhere near" is key, because by October, leftist activists will be doing all sorts of headline-grabbing stunts. They always do this right before an election.

Or by March, when they're in a hurry. Woke Twitter has got #boomer remover trending.

Sally Paulson 04-01-2020 03:34 PM

Update: nothing to update you on. Stuttering Joe has gone into hiding.

What an ingenious move. Turns out there really is one weird trick to win elections, and he’s found it.:o

Sally Paulson 04-12-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Construct (Post 1265194)
Doesn't count. Internalized oppression. Manufactured consent. False consciousness.

Elections don't count when moderates rig them by convincing people to vote for moderates.

CIA propaganda. Lizardmen/Lizardwomyn mind control. Subliminal hair-brushing techniques.

Did you write this?

https://imgur.com/a/Ttzdp7c#gauIlXI

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 06-27-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally Paulson (Post 1266819)
Update: nothing to update you on. Stuttering Joe has gone into hiding.

What an ingenious move. Turns out there really is one weird trick to win elections, and he’s found it.:o

We've been plagiarized:
I’ve been tough on Biden, but you also have to give him credit for getting out of the way. The stay-out-of-the-headlines strategy has been remarkably successful, keeping Biden’s gaffes and obvious cognitive decline in the background and his simple acceptability as a normal president in the foreground. If the Democrats had picked a younger or more woke candidate, they might have been tarred more successfully by Republicans with some of the uglier aspects of the recent unrest: the chaos and looting, the demand to “defund the police,” the debacle of CHAZ in Seattle, the toppling of a statues of presidents. Trump has been trying to do this to Biden, and it just doesn’t stick.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 09-01-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Turns out the key to electoral victory is immunity to woke-o-virus....because by October, leftist activists will be doing all sorts of headline-grabbing stunts.

They'll be doing it aaaaany minute now... ;)

Quote:

There's not much a Dem candidate can do about this, except to be so old and doddering that you obviously have nothing to do with it.
It looks like this:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 09-02-2020 03:46 PM

I tend to agree with the people reading the teleprompter. Biden does not look like a black activist agitator fomenting populist rioting to stir up racist anger over states rights.

Yet.

But as we get nearer to the election, I expect those people will descend on rural towns with a vengeance the likes of which the world has never seen before. I'm getting goose steps bumps.