The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A friendly reminder for women who wear pants (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=26950)

Alexandria Puckett 03-19-2013 06:30 AM

Re: A friendly reminder for women who wear pants

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 987397)
If you don't know how to sew, I would suggest that it's a great skill you should pick up. You can re-use the same patterns repeatedly on different fabrics and can modify them to your own use.

Women's dresses and baby clothes are the easiest to make. Seth gives me money to buy the boys clothes.

You know, that's a great idea. I wonder how i never thought of that. I know how to knit, so I guess sewing is the next logical step. Now I'm excited to start! Thank you!
YIC <3

GlitteryandBanned 11-09-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 375370)
Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God

Got that, Feminazis? You are abomination.

Wow, someone give this thing a gold star. Want a cookie too? Wonderful. I'll get the oven warmed up.
The very fact that you think this still applies today just kind of makes me want to projectile vomit. At the time Deuteronomy was written, pants weren't really a thing, and pants nowadays aren't really meant for any specific gender to wear. They're gender neutral. Pants FITTED for boys can still be worn by females, and pants for females can be worn by boys. Wow. Shocking.

Have a nice day and don't forget to turn down the misogyny.

Mary Etheldreda 11-09-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteryandBanned (Post 1040115)
Wow, someone give this thing a gold star. Want a cookie too? Wonderful. I'll get the oven warmed up.
The very fact that you think this still applies today just kind of makes me want to projectile vomit. At the time Deuteronomy was written, pants weren't really a thing, and pants nowadays aren't really meant for any specific gender to wear. They're gender neutral. Pants FITTED for boys can still be worn by females, and pants for females can be worn by boys. Wow. Shocking.

You seem a bit... on edge, dear. I know who can make you feel complete and whole.

Billy Bob Jenkins 11-09-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteryandBanned (Post 1040115)

The verse says women must not wear that which pertains to men. It doesn't make an exception for clothing that also pertains to women.

God's law does not change just because everyone breaks it.

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 11-12-2013 12:44 AM

Women who wear pants are transvestites, plain and simple. A man who wears a dress is immediately recognized as such a queer, but there seems to be an unGodly turning of a blind eye by society to the same thing done by unGodly women.

I am happy this has been helpfully discussed here.:thumbsup:

Anne Sayne 09-24-2016 09:04 PM

Guess what? I'm so disgusted right now. A bunch of femenazis in the clothes sweatshop somewhere in Asia decided to directly ATTACK and PERSECUTE True Christians™ with THESE abominations:
Ladies, ONLY click these links if your husband says it's ok (Keep in mind that George pasted these links for me, he didn't allow me to click the third one)
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/c10...3815e6626.jpeg
http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1sblCI...s-Leggings.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1LL4uM...nt-flowers.jpg
Whoever made these are DIRECTLY attacking Deuteronomy 22:5, trying to make it "ok" for girls to wear pants because they covered it in bright girly colors. Disgusting.

BrotherLarry 09-24-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Sayne (Post 1189556)
Guess what? I'm so disgusted right now. A bunch of femenazis in the clothes sweatshop somewhere in Asia decided to directly ATTACK and PERSECUTE True Christians™ with THESE abominations:
Ladies, ONLY click these links if your husband says it's ok (Keep in mind that George pasted these links for me, he didn't allow me to click the third one)
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/c10...3815e6626.jpeg
http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1sblCI...s-Leggings.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1LL4uM...nt-flowers.jpg
Whoever made these are DIRECTLY attacking Deuteronomy 22:5, trying to make it "ok" for girls to wear pants because they covered it in bright girly colors. Disgusting.

Sister Anne,
What a shame it is that you are already wed, for your purity and zeal for Christ are so apparent. Indeed, your last name should be SANE, because you certainly have the sanity of all Christians. (Isaiah 26:3)
Should your husband ever meet an untimely death - which is highly unlikely - know that I would be more than happy to console you with brotherly love and manly strength. Hallelujah!.
Say - what time does he usually leave for work each morning?

COME, LORD JESUS!
BrotherLarry

Anne Sayne 09-24-2016 09:22 PM

Well, he wakes up at 6:30 (leaving me to awaken at 3 or 4 to prepare breakfast) Since most people take their children to school at that time, he spends some time preaching to the parents about the evils of public school. His actual job begins at 7:30 because he spends 30 minutes preaching and it takes 30 more for him to drive to work. He works at a boat manufacturing company by the way, in case you were wondering.

BrotherLarry 09-24-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Sayne (Post 1189558)
Well, he wakes up at 6:30 (leaving me to awaken at 3 or 4 to prepare breakfast) Since most people take their children to school at that time, he spends some time preaching to the parents about the evils of public school. His actual job begins at 7:30 because he spends 30 minutes preaching and it takes 30 more for him to drive to work. He works at a boat manufacturing company by the way, in case you were wondering.

Where would this manufacturing facility be located, Sister? Is it isolated? I only ask so I might pray properly for his continued safety.

We just never know when God's plans for us include calling us Home to be with Him, do we? That's why I love to pray for everyone's protection (2 Thessalonians 3:3) (Psalm 5:11) (Psalm 140:4).

We serve a mighty GOD, don't we? Hallelujah! Do you have a picture of your husband that you might share - even privately if he would prefer? Please be sure the face is clear and that it is recent.

COME, LORD JESUS!
BrotherLarry

PS: Don't share my interest with your husband - he might misinterpret my concern as being "queer," and that is certainly not descriptive of me, a virile, young, hard bodied, masculine male who is often compared to the horses I serve. GLORY!

Anne Sayne 09-24-2016 10:23 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not permitted to be out of the house much so I don't know the exact location of his facility, but I know that it's somewhere in Texas near Houston. I have a photograph available of George and I, but I'm unsure of how to share photos. May I be of assistance? And don't worry, George usually can tell if somebody is a qu**r or not, and if he is unsure, he prays and we know God in Heaven listens (John 15:7) and he's not suspicious of you (George is monitoring me on the computer right now, he's not giving me any warnings)

Didymus Much 09-24-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Sayne (Post 1189568)
...I have a photograph available of George and I...

So why didn't you use it instead of "borrowing without paying for" someone's copywritten work? :hmmm:

Milkshakecrusader 11-07-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanetF1 (Post 375408)
He was telling you to look it up...

Anyway, to answer an earlier question, how is wearing clothing of any sort, trousers included, purchased from a shop selling female clothes, crossdressing? Either way, who cares? People can wear just about whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting me or those I love.

I thought it was a joke site based on all the crazy things said and backwards ways of thinking, I just can't see how it can be for real. Sorry.

Yo I thought I was the only one thinking that this site is a joke (I go here for entertainment)

BrotherLarry 11-08-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkshakecrusader (Post 1194269)
Yo I thought I was the only one thinking that this site is a joke (I go here for entertainment)

Jesus Christ didn't die for your entertainment. :jesus:
Surely you've heard of John 3:16?
It's time to fall on your knees and repent of your sins. Jesus will forgive you as long as you live every day for Him from that point on.

A joke? I weep for your blemished soul. I pray God's mercy for you.

:rebuke:

Dutchsmartie 05-18-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

hahahaha me too!

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 05-21-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1213108)
hahahaha me too!

Please stop using up broadband to repeat mockery of Jesus, who is the Provider (Philippians 4:19)! Repent and find Jesus, as stated in many verses, including Acts 3:19. Jesus is no joke, rather, your mockery is, because Salvation Day is near, where He will come in glory and your mocking soul will face Hell, unless you repent of your sins.

handmaiden 05-21-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1213108)
hahahaha me too!

Ha, ha, ha. I, too, am amused by genocide and slavery and legally sanctioned rape. The thought of blooded and battered bodies broken by being stoned to death is so entertaining, I really wish we could legalize it again.

But what's really fun is scaring the sh_t out of your kids by tying them down and sharpening a knife in front of them. Either that, or offering to toss them to a crowd of rapists while you enjoy an after dinner aperitif with a few honored guests.

Dutchsmartie 05-21-2017 05:27 PM

Just let them wear them

Esther B. 05-22-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1213384)
Just let them wear them

We can't. Pants are men's clothing and Deuteronomy 22:5 says that women can't wear men's clothing. If the True Christian™ men let their wives and daughters wear pants, they'd be condemning them to Hell.

Dutchsmartie 05-22-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esther B. (Post 1213452)
We can't. Pants are men's clothing and Deuteronomy 22:5 says that women can't wear men's clothing. If the True Christian™ men let their wives and daughters wear pants, they'd be condemning them to Hell.

U got pants for women too

Didymus Much 05-22-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchsmartie (Post 1213467)
U got pants for women too

What part of "the Bible says women should not wear pants" is countermanded by the existence of said pants? :wacko: