The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS ! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=14514)

andrewellis 10-31-2009 04:50 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 414669)
Chelsea, did you go back and read this thread from the very first post? Scriptural evidence is provided throughout. God created everyone, but only false Christians believe that everything God created is good, or loved by Him. If you read the Bible, you will see that this is simply not true.

Start off by reading this thread from post #1, then please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.


"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this passage in John's gospel contradict the belief that God doesn't love everything he created.

And this passage:
"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

Sure the fall of man has caused sin to enter the world, and we are not good as it says in Mark's gospel:
"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)

We are called to love our neighbour as thyself. Where does it say to treat only people without flaws as yourself? I'm pretty sure it was meant for all mankind. (unless your definition of mankind only allows white, "true christians")

Rev. Jim Osborne 10-31-2009 05:22 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417150)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this passage in John's gospel contradict the belief that God doesn't love everything he created.

You are wrong. Notice that John 3:16 also makes it explicit that the only way to get to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and therefore all those that don't believe in Him will go to Hell.

Are you saying God loves people in Hell? (If He does loves them, then why is He letting them be subject to torture for eternity?)

Quote:

We are called to love our neighbour as thyself. Where does it say to treat only people without flaws as yourself? I'm pretty sure it was meant for all mankind. (unless your definition of mankind only allows white, "true christians")
Neighbor means fellow Bible-believing True Christian™. We True Christians™ are commanded to be seperate from unsaved people.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.


2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?


A neighbor is part of your community (the True Christian™ community). If God had intended us to love everyone, even the unsaved, wouldn't the commandment be "love everyone as thyself"?

andrewellis 10-31-2009 05:32 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 417157)
You are wrong. Notice that John 3:16 also makes it explicit that the only way to get to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and therefore all those that don't believe in Him will go to Hell.

Are you saying God loves people in Hell? (If He does loves them, then why is He letting them be subject to torture for eternity?)

Neighbor means fellow Bible-believing True Christian™. We True Christians™ are commanded to be seperate from unsaved people.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.


2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?


A neighbor is part of your community (the True Christian™ community). If God had intended us to love everyone, even the unsaved, wouldn't the commandment be "love everyone as thyself"?

So we earn God's love by believing in him? So in other words we achieve salvation by our own accord and not through God choosing us before he created the whole world?

Rev. Jim Osborne 10-31-2009 08:43 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417158)
So we earn God's love by believing in him? So in other words we achieve salvation by our own accord and not through God choosing us before he created the whole world?

John 3:16 answers your question. We achieve salvation through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. The Bible is the Word of God and Jesus attests that we must follow all of it (Matthew 4:4).

So do you accept Christ or not?

andrewellis 10-31-2009 11:11 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Of course I accept Christ.
I was just checking that we were on the same page. We just differ on the belief of that God loves everyone on this planet, sinner or saved.
I believe that God loves us that he gives us a choice to follow him or not. And if we choose not to follow him, he will be deeply saddened.
Just as any father would be saddened by the loss of any child.
How would you act if your child decided not to follow Christ? Would you still love them?

James Hutchins 10-31-2009 11:21 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
If any of my children where not True Christians™, I'd disown them and I'd question my parenting skills.:o

andrewellis 10-31-2009 11:38 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
So you would bully them into believing in Christ?

Pastor Ezekiel 10-31-2009 11:53 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417214)
So you would bully them into believing in Christ?

We follow the Bible. :rtfm:

Do you, Andy? :glare:

andrewellis 10-31-2009 12:14 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
I would definitely not bully them into believing. I will raise them in a God loving environment. sure there is place for discipline, but to disown a child just because they do not believe?
Shouldn't we continue to express love to them that they may see God's love for them through us? rather than discriminating?

Pastor Ezekiel 10-31-2009 12:17 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417220)
I would definitely not bully them into believing. I will raise them in a God loving environment. sure there is place for discipline, but to disown a child just because they do not believe?
Shouldn't we continue to express love to them that they may see God's love for them through us? rather than discriminating?

Have you ever actually read the Bible, Andy? :huh:

Quote:

He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. -- Exodus 21:15

He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. -- Leviticus 20:9

God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. -- Matthew 15:4


andrewellis 10-31-2009 12:25 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Yes i read it every day. And yes that I have read. And that I believe. BUT...
That still does not mean you disown your child, just because they do not believe in Jesus Christ.
How terrible it would be if they were to not follow Christ, but in the off chance... I would not agree with their actions, but would continue to show them love.

Pastor Ezekiel 10-31-2009 12:26 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417225)
Yes i read it every day. And yes that I have read. And that I believe. BUT...
That still does not mean you disown your child, just because they do not believe in Jesus Christ.
How terrible it would be if they were to not follow Christ, but in the off chance... I would not agree with their actions, but would continue to show them love.


"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

James Hutchins 10-31-2009 12:31 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewellis (Post 417214)
So you would bully them into believing in Christ?

I would not be bullying. :innocent:

Just like God gave us free will, I allow that in my family too. Everyone is allowed to make thier own choices. But I remind them all choices have consequences. God is in our family. You abandon God, you have abandoned our family. Pretty simple stuff. :thumbsup:

You cannot have your cake and eat it too, young man. :nonono:

Caesar Augustus 11-17-2009 05:03 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
YEA! SCREW ALL THESE GODDAMN ABOMINATIONS! BURN ALL THE RETARDS! MATTER OF FACT, LETS BURN THEM ALIVE! WOOHOO! LETS DO IT OLD SCHOOL STYLE (CIRCA 1941-1945)! SERIOUSLY! GOD HATES EVERYONE THAT IS NOT WHITE AND MIDDLE/UPPER CLASS AMERICANS! I HOPE THEY ALL DIE! LONG LIVE CHRISTIANITY! PRAISE JESUS AMEN!

[Graphically violent pictures deleted]



Seriously, you people have absolutely got to be kidding me. You are the abominations. The things that you say here is not only despicable but downright disgusting. Preaching hate. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Then again, its not like anything that I say is going to change the opinion of you brain washed psychopaths. I hope that each and every one of you have a bunch of screwed up retarded children then I bet you will change your tunes quickly. Thats what I'm gonna pray for tonight.... Then again, good luck getting laid, bunch of goddamn losers...

Lola Handcock 11-17-2009 05:09 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
We don't like hateful language around here HOMER.
Why do you hate GOD?

Go away troll

Caesar Augustus 11-17-2009 05:40 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Umm, well to put it simply I hate god because of twisted crazy people like you and all of your little racist, judgmental, bigot cronies on this message board. You all give Christianity a bad name. I do know one thing for sure. If there is a heaven and it is filled with people like all of you, then I'd rather not go there...

Rev. Jim Osborne 11-17-2009 05:45 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Why do you believe in that childish myth of the "Holocaust"? Why don't you wake up and realize that the Joos are just taking you for a ride and making you feel unnecessarily guilty?

Lola Handcock 11-17-2009 05:46 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus (Post 422079)
Umm, well to put it simply I hate god because of twisted crazy people like you and all of your little racist, judgmental, bigot cronies on this message board. You all give Christianity a bad name. I do know one thing for sure. If there is a heaven and it is filled with people like all of you, then I'd rather not go there...


Well I am sure devil will accept you into his palace of eternal sodomy ( HELL)

Caesar Augustus 11-17-2009 05:53 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
Haha, did you really just say that the holocaust is a myth? Wow.... I guess I really don't even need to say anything. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. I'm sure you have scripture that supports the fact that the Holocaust is a "myth". Also, why did you block my pictures? I mean if the Holocaust never really happened then why take the pictures down? They have to be genuine right? How are the Holocaust pictures "graphically violent" if it never really happened? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

Rev. Jim Osborne 11-17-2009 05:59 AM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !
 
The pictures were taken down because they were very graphic and offensive. It doesn't matter if they were photoshopped or not (which they were), it's still offensive to people. Usually only people who post holocaust pictures are 4chan trolls and I hope you're not one of them. <_<


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved