The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS ! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=14514)

GOD=life 01-18-2010 03:35 PM

Re: HELP ME BAN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atheist Saint (Post 453141)
Why did God create 'special' people the way they are?

Because He has a sense of humor.

But you can ask God yourself. See my signature for His phone number.

Gemira 01-19-2010 04:22 AM

Leviticus 19:14: "Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling-block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD."

W-w-whinyjoo 01-19-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 319875)
I think you misunderstood. Those aren't pictures of brother Percy.

No but they are pictures of Pastor Ezekiel :lol:

unknown_source 01-19-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wwdanniedo (Post 453711)
No but they are pictures of Pastor Ezekiel :lol:

Created by god for our amusement...

God you religious crazies are mean!!!

GOD=life 01-19-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown_source (Post 453728)
Created by God for our amusement...
God (see, not hard to capitalize) you religious crazies (yeah, because calling people crazy is not mean. Sure) are mean!!!

Don't worry, you were created by God for a reason too. It is to persecute us.

Cranky Old Man 01-19-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown_source (Post 453728)
you religious crazies are mean!!!

Yes we are. Trying to save someones soul requires tough measures. But don't you prefer we are a little mean to you on earth so you don't have to go to hell? :sinner:

Randall 01-19-2010 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=GOD=life;453150]Because He has a sense of humor.

Would YOU find it funny if someone kidnapped your son or daughter, drugged them up and cut a couple limbs and watch them hop around?
I would not find that funny, nor do I with disabled people.

The REASON why I say son or daughter, is because I know they don't deserve such torturous acts upon them.
Did the disabled people deserve to be like that because of what their parents did to piss god off?

NO.

Ban me. B)
I will still be on this earth, I will not go to hell, because there isn't one. I will not go to heaven, because my beliefs don't match the bibles criteria.

Go ahead and prove me wrong(please!), your bible for all we know was written by a man in his room. Don't bombard me with scripture, give me something decent that proves GODS existence.

Even so, I will NOT worship a god where he thinks it is ok to make humor from disabled people, allow rape, or send unborn babies to hell if they happen to die, because it wasn't "saved" by Jesus.

The only GOD I will follow is the one in my head, telling me right from wrong, care for other people, help the ones in need, treat others the way you want to be treated.

Dont call me an atheist.

I am agnostic( open to believe in ANY religion with convincing proof.)

GOD=life 01-19-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall (Post 453865)
Would YOU find it funny if someone kidnapped your son or daughter, ...

It would not happen to my daughter because as a True Christian, I have taken the necessary precautions. It's like saying "would you find it funny to freeze to death in the winter". To that, my answer is "ever thought of wearing a coat?"

Also, please consult the result of my study into the topic of rape:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...434#post453434

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall (Post 453865)
Dont call me an atheist.
I am agnostic( open to believe in ANY religion with convincing proof.)

So you currently do not believe in the very existence of any deity, yet you do not want to be called an atheist? That doesn't add up. I can't really blame you, because atheists have a very bad name. Everyone thinks they are immature and stupid.

Randall 01-19-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 453869)
So you currently do not believe in the very existence of any deity, yet you do not want to be called an atheist? That doesn't add up. I can't really blame you, because atheists have a very bad name. Everyone thinks they are immature and stupid.

Yes I prefer not to be called atheist because being one means that I am NOT willing to believe in any religion even if significant proof smacked me in the face.

It ads up, because there isnt yet one religion out there that has convincing proof. I am one to improve my theory in a religion as proof shows up.
So right now, I don't know what you are, but I am a biological being that is the result of millions of years of evolution.

Proof< all around us, similar DNA to monkeys and apes, Skeletons of those before us millions of years ago who aren't as developed, so to speak, if our universe is 6000 years old, and light travels at ~300million km a second, how is it that we get light reaching earth from millions and millions of years ago (this is essentially looking into the past.) How do we know this?
Because we calculate the red-shift of the light and how much its wavelength has increased through its travel. We know what wavelength it SHOULD be from analysing its emission spectra.

All this, is simple science that is able to be proven in any highschool classroom.

Ezekiel Bathfire 01-19-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall (Post 453879)
[...]because there isnt yet one religion out there that has convincing proof.

Yet you are at Landover... there are none as blind as those who will not see...

Quote:

if our universe is 6000 years old, and light travels at ~300million km a second,
blah, blah, blah... because God created light and he can create it with any age He wants it to be...

Randall 01-19-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 453883)

blah, blah, blah... because God created light and he can create it with any age He wants it to be...

I know your just saying that, just to somewhat try the destroy solid proof.
"because god" isnt good enough

Give me a good reason why.

"Take it up with god?"
you might reply?

I would, if he showed me his mouth, eyes and ears.

GOD=life 01-19-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall (Post 453879)
Yes I prefer not to be called atheist because being one means that I am NOT willing to believe in any religion even if significant proof smacked me in the face.

If you don't believe 1 or more God(s) exist, then you are an atheist by definition. However, according to the article below, your branch is called "weak atheism" (doesn't rule out the possibility) vs. "strong atheism" (knows definitely that no deities exist).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_and_strong_atheism

Similarly, with Christians, we see that people with very different points of view all use the same label "Christian". That is why we make the distinction between True Christians™ (people who follow the KJV 1611 Bible to the letter) and false Christians (cherry-pickers who skip the inconvenient parts and only take the ones they like).

False Christians may, for example, cite Leviticus on the topic of homosexuality, but they will refuse to follow any of the other parts of Leviticus themselves (eating shrimp comes to mind). That's one of the more obvious examples of cherry-picking. That is why many people who call themselves Christians do not like this forum.

James Hutchins 01-19-2010 01:20 PM

You want proof of God? Look at your mother and especially your father. Beings like like are not by accident!

Gemira 01-20-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 453925)
You want proof of God? Look at your mother and especially your father. Beings like like are not by accident!

ESPECIALLY the father? Who bears the physical pain of childbirth?

Cranky Old Man 01-20-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemira (Post 454500)

Are you retarded? The mother does you idiot. I hope you do not have a wife because she would suffer from having you as a husband.

James Hutchins 01-20-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemira (Post 454500)

The mother of course. You think men are that stupid?
A man bears some of the pain at times too. The complaining, the eating of all the food, the self centered attitude, the loss of her beauty while fat as a whale. The man has to tolerate all of this. I have been through this horrid experience 9 times. I ended up with eight kids. One time, I bumped her after she was going on about some insignificant thing as females do and she fell down the stairs twice. The next five kids she kept her trap shut. :yahoo:

icelandicfool 04-30-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 239422)
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Why would we want to encourage the retarded lifestyle choice? These people are cursed by God for either their own or their parents' actions. Who are we to question it?

Clearly, God cursed them; I'd suggest that means He doesn't much love them!
[LEFT]
We've read the Bible. Have you? It tells us His Way.
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=gray][B]
How's this, Sparky?
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

i have had enough with this site i didn't know so close minded people existed
rev modfier
if anyone is a retard its you.
god loves everyone just like he loves my brother who was born in a wheelchair.

go dirty word deleted yourself

BTW Your picture is dirty word deleted gay go dirty word deleted yourself you stupid piece of dirty word deleted

WHO BANS ME FOR THIS COMMENT IS A dirty word deleted dirty word deleted THAT HAS NO dirty word deleted BRAIN FOR HE IS A STUPID dirty word deleted PIECE OF dirty word deleted.
ALSO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THIS THREAD.

Brother Alex 05-01-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icelandicfool (Post 517479)

Your brother was born in a wheelchair?!? :fear2: God must hate your brother a lot. How did the doctors get the wheelchair out of your mother's womb? Or moreover, how did it even fit there in the first place?

Seth Campbell 05-01-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icelandicfool (Post 517479)
i have had enough with this site i didn't know so close minded people existed
rev modfier
if anyone is a retard its you.

go dirty word deleted yourself

BTW Your picture is dirty word deleted gay go dirty word deleted yourself you stupid piece of dirty word deleted

WHO BANS ME FOR THIS COMMENT IS A dirty word deleted dirty word deleted THAT HAS NO dirty word deleted BRAIN FOR HE IS A STUPID dirty word deleted PIECE OF dirty word deleted.
ALSO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THIS THREAD.

More of the liebral atheist love I hear so much about.

Clintkx60 05-19-2010 11:06 PM

Every single one of you guys are assholes. Like you I read the bible and what I got out of it is that God is a just one, and he loves all. How can you preach that and then go and make fun of people with disabilities. It's great that these people who are usually shunned and made fun of are finally getting their share of attention in the limelight. Something to make their lives worthwhile. piffle all of you who put these poor people down. Especially you so called "Brother Percy". How dare you. You should be ashamed of yourself. May God smite you where you stand and put you and the rest of these posters in the fiery gates of hell to get ass-raped by none other than Satan himself.