The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52601)

Catherine Moore 03-30-2012 04:41 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865568)
all women are beautiful INSIDE AND OUT!

God hates liars

http://www.makems.com/graphic/ugly-women-21.jpg

Redeemed Papist 03-30-2012 04:42 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865568)
A-HA!! so you admit that she doesnt want this to go through! so this is a forced marriage against her will!!! well captain A.ss hole if you truly love her you will set her free! she should not be home schooled! she should go to a public school where she can make friends and love somebody she actually WANTS to be with! that poor girl. You state that you love her but SHE DOESNT LOVE YOU BACK SHE DOESNT WANT YOU! A GIRL SHOULD BE HAPPY! i hate to see a young girl with out a smile on her pretty little face. all women are beautiful INSIDE AND OUT! THEY ARE TENDER LOVING CREATURES THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED!! SO LET HER CHOOSE SOMEBODY HER OWN AGE TO MARRY!!! this wedding of yours will not go on! in the name of all that is good in this world NAOMI WILL BE FREED FROM YOUR SATANIST GRIP!

Are you seriously suggesting that women should make their own decisions against the will of their husbands or fathers?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-30-2012 04:46 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865568)
A-HA!! so you admit that she doesnt want this to go through! so this is a forced marriage against her will!!! well captain A.ss hole if you truly love her you will set her free! she should not be home schooled! she should go to a public school where she can make friends and love somebody she actually WANTS to be with! that poor girl. You state that you love her but SHE DOESNT LOVE YOU BACK SHE DOESNT WANT YOU! A GIRL SHOULD BE HAPPY! i hate to see a young girl with out a smile on her pretty little face. all women are beautiful INSIDE AND OUT! THEY ARE TENDER LOVING CREATURES THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED!! SO LET HER CHOOSE SOMEBODY HER OWN AGE TO MARRY!!! this wedding of yours will not go on! in the name of all that is good in this world NAOMI WILL BE FREED FROM YOUR SATANIST GRIP!

Who said anything about love? Friend, I hardly know the girl. I'm sure the Lord will help me grow to have feelings for her, but love? Not yet.

Please show me the scripture that says a man must love a woman to marry her.

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-30-2012 04:47 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Moore (Post 865571)

Maybe her spleen is pretty. :rofl:

Vocaltard 03-30-2012 04:57 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
how shallow. apperances arent everything. i have read the bible. and yes IT DOES HOLD THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS HOLY!! SO IT IS UN HOLY FOR A WOMAN TO BE FORCED INTO A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO SEX WITHOUT LOVE! also you will kill the girl if you have her birth a son before she is 16! are you trying to murder Naomi?!

you people sicken me. all you care about is having a son. you dont give a damn about the girls wellfare, HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT??

Brother Helge 03-30-2012 05:05 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865588)
you will kill the girl if you have her birth a son before she is 16! are you trying to murder Naomi?!

Teenage girls give birth to children every day!
This is not abnormal (definitely not in an historical context) and she will likely be just fine.

Are you so selfish so you can't share someone else's happiness?
They are getting married! It's party time!

:banana-dance2:

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-30-2012 05:08 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865588)
how shallow. apperances arent everything. i have read the bible. and yes IT DOES HOLD THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS HOLY!! SO IT IS UN HOLY FOR A WOMAN TO BE FORCED INTO A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO SEX WITHOUT LOVE! also you will kill the girl if you have her birth a son before she is 16! are you trying to murder Naomi?!

you people sicken me. all you care about is having a son. you dont give a damn about the girls wellfare, HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT??

POST THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS A MAN HAS TO LOVE A WOMAN BEFORE HE MARRIES HER!

Didymus Much 03-30-2012 05:08 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865588)
...i have read the bible. and yes IT DOES HOLD THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS HOLY!! SO IT IS UN HOLY FOR A WOMAN TO BE FORCED INTO A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO SEX WITHOUT LOVE!...

So why are you having such problems finding Scripture to support your claims? :hmmm:

Professor Bessemer 03-30-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865588)
how shallow. apperances arent everything. i have read the bible. and yes IT DOES HOLD THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS HOLY!! SO IT IS UN HOLY FOR A WOMAN TO BE FORCED INTO A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO SEX WITHOUT LOVE! also you will kill the girl if you have her birth a son before she is 16! are you trying to murder Naomi?!

you people sicken me. all you care about is having a son. you dont give a damn about the girls wellfare, HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT??

Son, we live by one set of rules here in Freehold. And that set of rules is the King James Bible. God set his wishes for how He commands us to live our lives down on paper. If you have issues with how True Christians™ live their lives, you have issues with God.

Mary Etheldreda 03-30-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. A. Portway (Post 865599)
POST THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS A MAN HAS TO LOVE A WOMAN BEFORE HE MARRIES HER!

Don't hold your breath for a reply. I'm still waiting myself:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 865323)
Friend, where in the Holy Bible do you read marriage must contain romantic love?


James Hutchins 03-30-2012 06:25 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865588)
how shallow. apperances arent everything. i have read the bible. and yes IT DOES HOLD THAT THE LOVE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN IS HOLY!! SO IT IS UN HOLY FOR A WOMAN TO BE FORCED INTO A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT TO SEX WITHOUT LOVE! also you will kill the girl if you have her birth a son before she is 16! are you trying to murder Naomi?!

you people sicken me. all you care about is having a son. you dont give a damn about the girls wellfare, HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT??

Unholy? Not at all. Tell me, since you claim to have all the answers, why are all girls fertile as flowers by the age of 12? Should those precious little unborn babies be flushed down a toilet? Is that what you think girls should do, destroy innocent babies?
I most certainly do care about welfare, that is why getting married matters.

Vocaltard 03-30-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Eph. 5:23-32 husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.

1 Peter 3:1-5, 7
Don't be concerned about the outward beauty ... You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God ... In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. If you don't treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard.


See what i mean? if you so much as strike her GOD WILL SMITE YOU LIKE THE SNAKE YOU ARE! abuse is unacceptable! also she is being forced into this marriage!! so she must choose the man she wants to be with!!!! DID YOU WOMEN CHOOSE TO BE WITH YOUR MEN???? WERE YOU HAPPY OR SAD? DID YOU CHOOSE THEM AS YOUR MATE OR WERE YOU FORCED INTO IT?

no matter if you have sexual intercourse with her IT WILL BE KNOWN AS RAPE!

Mary Etheldreda 03-30-2012 07:27 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
Eph. 5:23-32 husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies.



If you're talking romantic love, then any decent woman's husband would be out of luck because True Christians™ certainly do NOT "love our own bodies" in a romantic sense! :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
1 Peter 3:1-5, 7
Don't be concerned about the outward beauty ... You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God ... In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat her with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. If you don't treat her as you should, your prayers will not be heard.

Because God hears the prayers of the righteous, we know God hears our prayers. (John 9:31) Next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
See what i mean?

No. You're clearly trying to apply 21st century logic to a timeless message like God's Word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
if you so much as strike her GOD WILL SMITE YOU LIKE THE SNAKE YOU ARE! abuse is unacceptable! also she is being forced into this marriage!! so she must choose the man she wants to be with!!!! DID YOU WOMEN CHOOSE TO BE WITH YOUR MEN???? WERE YOU HAPPY OR SAD? DID YOU CHOOSE THEM AS YOUR MATE OR WERE YOU FORCED INTO IT?

no matter if you have sexual intercourse with her IT WILL BE KNOWN AS RAPE!

You, my friend, should read the Holy Bible more. Pay attention to what it says. Let it interpret itself. Stop trying to make sense of it with your modern ways. Let the Holy Spirit lead you to the Truth.

Redeemed Papist 03-30-2012 07:32 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 

Mrs Papist is baking as I type.

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-30-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
Eph. 5:23-32 Non-KJV1611 Scripture snipped

We don't paraphrase the Word of God here pal. This is Ephesians 5:23-32 as it reads in the KJV1611:

Quote:

*23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

*24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

*25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

*26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

*27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

*28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

*29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

*30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

*31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

*32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
See what it says in the first two lines? Once she is my wife, I'm her boss, like Jesus is my Boss. Me, I'm in charge, not her. And as I said before, once we're married, I'm sure I'll grow to love her in my own way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocaltoad (Post 865654)
1 Peter 3:1-5, 7 Non-KJV1611 Scripture snipped

See what i mean? if you so much as strike her GOD WILL SMITE YOU LIKE THE SNAKE YOU ARE! abuse is unacceptable! also she is being forced into this marriage!! so she must choose the man she wants to be with!!!! DID YOU WOMEN CHOOSE TO BE WITH YOUR MEN???? WERE YOU HAPPY OR SAD? DID YOU CHOOSE THEM AS YOUR MATE OR WERE YOU FORCED INTO IT?

no matter if you have sexual intercourse with her IT WILL BE KNOWN AS RAPE!

And this is how 1st Peter 3:1-7 reads as well. Note the beginning you cherry-picker!
Quote:

*1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

*2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

*3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

*4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

*5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

*6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

*7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

I see nothing there about me having to love Naomi before we get married. NOTHING! Also, who ever said Naomi was some tramped up gorgeous whore?!!? Let me tell you pal, she's not winning any beauty contests! And if you must know, she won't be joining Mensa either, if you catch my meaning. But I WILL be marrying her, so why don't you unwad your panties and just accept it!

Namelessdemon 03-30-2012 08:59 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Does it somewhere in the bible say it's okay to use a computer? :O If not why are you using one? And I just think that marriage should be between someone you want to share your whole life with and love. To me it looks like you only want to marry her so you can make her in some baby making machine... And that's just sick. Not everything has to be in the bible to be okay.

And you don't have to be able to "win beautycontests" to be pretty. Not only the outside counts. The inside also counts, but I bet you don't even know anything about that from her.

Redeemed Papist 03-30-2012 09:04 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NamelessX (Post 865743)
Does it somewhere in the bible say it's okay to use a computer? :O If not why are you using one? And I just think that marriage should be between someone you want to share your whole life with and love. To me it looks like you only want to marry her so you can make her in some baby making machine... And that's just sick. Not everything has to be in the bible to be okay.

And you don't have to be able to "win beautycontests" to be pretty. Not only the outside counts. The inside also counts, but I bet you don't even know anything about that from her.

Find me the bit in the Bible that tells you that freshly brewed coffee is too hot to drink immediately.

Things that ARE in the Bible are obviously what God thinks are important. Like not committing buggery, obeying your overlords and dominating your women.

Women are there to help men and have babies. Why would God say this if it weren't true. Now can you at least find it in your heart to wish the happy couple well?

Roberta 03-30-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NamelessX (Post 865743)
To me it looks like you only want to marry her so you can make her in some baby making machine

That's what we girls are here for, Kumquat. That and knowing how to heat up our ovens.

Pie
Pie
Me oh my
Nothing tastes sweet, wet, salty and dry
all at once o well it's pie

Professor Bessemer 03-30-2012 09:18 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NamelessX (Post 865743)
Does it somewhere in the bible say it's okay to use a computer? :O If not why are you using one? And I just think that marriage should be between someone you want to share your whole life with and love. To me it looks like you only want to marry her so you can make her in some baby making machine... And that's just sick. Not everything has to be in the bible to be okay.

And you don't have to be able to "win beautycontests" to be pretty. Not only the outside counts. The inside also counts, but I bet you don't even know anything about that from her.

What is this atheist obsession with attractiveness? I have met dear, sweet, simple, hairy Naomi and she is anything but attractive. Did Brother Portway reject her because she is ugly? Of course not! Brother Portway is a man of God and as such, he can look beyond a few minor physical deformities.

You atheists could take a page out of this understanding man's book!

tyler the earthworm 03-30-2012 11:07 PM

Re: Is Anyone Willing to Purchase my Daughter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. A. Portway (Post 865145)
You're quite the wordsmith. But being illiterate is the least of your problems. I'd be more concerned about my immortal soul if I were you.


HAHA dud im a wiccan im not worried my life is WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better then when i was a christian


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2018 all rights reserved