The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Why are all the stores empty? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=56815)

Nobar King 12-30-2010 12:59 AM

Why are all the stores empty?

People are wondering why all the stores are empty even though there are 50% off sales and more. You want to know why?

I don't need any more junk!!!

I have a tough enough time as it is getting rid of all of the junk that I already have. I don't ever wear all of the clothes that I own. Some things have gone out of style and I never even wore them.

Everyone needs to wake up. People have enough junk. The economy is going to collapse because people are going to just stop buying things and no one really needs a new iPad, anyway.

OK, I guess I could use some new socks. Maybe I'll invest in textiles.

Bible Student 12-30-2010 05:22 AM

Re: Why are all the stores empty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 665079)
People are wondering why all the stores are empty even though there are 50% off sales and more. You want to know why?

I don't need any more junk!!!

I have a tough enough time as it is getting rid of all of the junk that I already have. I don't ever wear all of the clothes that I own. Some things have gone out of style and I never even wore them.

I know exactly what you mean. Here is an rare inside glimpse of one of my rooms:

http://100scopenotes.com/wp-content/...15682215ec.jpg

I hesitated to post it because I did not want any of those Unsaved Trash types recognizing my place and engaging in stalking me although I am relatively safe because of my ferocious watch cat. See below:

http://www.cayugafarm.com/images/kit...04/M_Nice2.jpg

Quote:

Everyone needs to wake up. People have enough junk. The economy is going to collapse because people are going to just stop buying things and no one really needs a new iPad, anyway.

OK, I guess I could use some new socks. Maybe I'll invest in textiles.
If you extended family had been doing the proper amount of begetting you would have lots of relatives to provide those socks and textiles like I received on Christmas. Round two is coming up tomorrow with a new group.

BelieverInGod 12-30-2010 07:00 AM

Uh...... Brother, can I interest you in a Rottweiler? The ones I have right now are pretty young but I think they'd be a lot more helpful than your attack kitty.

Bible Student 12-30-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 665258)
Uh...... Brother, can I interest you in a Rottweiler? The ones I have right now are pretty young but I think they'd be a lot more helpful than your attack kitty.

Thank you for the thought Sister BelieverInGod. But you have seen one of my rooms, and I had just finished cleaning it up for the photo. That was the only room I could get into on the spare of the moment. I'm afraid there would be no room for one of your precious Rottweilers. My watch cat will have to suffice for the present until I can move away from my 6,000 square foot home into larger quarters. In the mean time, I taught her karate and judo. It was a difficult undertaking considering how independent cats are. She kept trying to impress all the rats in the neighborhood.

Rev. M. Rodimer 12-31-2010 07:22 AM

Brother Nobar, you're absolutely correct.

In fact, I was just reading an article in which it was pointed out that the American savings rate, which was negative for quite a few years before the 2008 crash, is now nearly 6% (fifth page):

Quote:

Americans are saving again, for the first time in a long time. The rate of personal saving as a percentage of disposable income, negative only a few years ago, has reached 5.8 percent. It could be a good sign, but it may also be an indication of rampant uncertainty.
Oh, and particularly disturbing (from the fourth page):

Quote:

In 1978, the average income for men in the United States was $45,879. In 2007, it was $45,113, adjusted for inflation.

James Dewitt 01-03-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 665942)
Brother Nobar, you're absolutely correct.

In fact, I was just reading an article in which it was pointed out that the American savings rate, which was negative for quite a few years before the 2008 crash, is now nearly 6% (fifth page):

Oh, and particularly disturbing (from the fourth page):

Is that $45 grand per hour, shoot I wont get out of bed for that.

billrichards 01-19-2011 01:13 AM

I agree with Mr. Dewitt. It's shameful what most American men will work for these days.

louishall37 12-23-2011 12:39 AM

We are a vibrant church located at the very
heart of Melbourne CBD. Our vision is to reach
out today's generation through a high impact
church with loving community, passionate worship,
and inspirational teaching. If you live in Melbourne
or even just visiting, we'd love to see you at XCITE
church. Please feel free to browse our website for
more information about our services and upcoming events.
---------------
Church in Melbourne <---(WARNING: Possible link to False Christian church – Criminal Background check is being undertaken with Australian authorities – Admin.)

Didymus Much 12-23-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louishall37 (Post 826278)
We are a vibrant church yada yada yada

Does Landover have an Off-Topic Necropost of the Week award?

Rev. M. Rodimer 12-27-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 826281)
Does Landover have an Off-Topic Necropost of the Week award?

It was rather spamtastic, don't you think?

Warning: Don't look at their website. The moving images gave me motion sickness.

Seriously, I nearly tossed my cookies. Maybe it was just God telling me that their 'church' is actually evil?

PrayerWarrior 01-14-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bible Student (Post 665226)
I know exactly what you mean. Here is an rare inside glimpse of one of my rooms:

http://100scopenotes.com/wp-content/...15682215ec.jpg

thats a great book collection! i'm looking to invest in a nice home library.