The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Straight 4 Jesus! (Back Door Christians) (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Beware of Homosexual Sports! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4175)

Jtkode 04-03-2011 01:53 AM

Re: Beware of Homosexual Sports!

I have a question for you all. Like you guys don't care if you are judged for your way of life right? But its still offensive if someone hates on you for your lifestyle. Obviously some people don't agree with you and most are very vocal about it. But why call gay people "fags." or even, why would you name gay sports for people to watch out for. I'm not going to get into why people are gay but honestly, its so hateful. I'd just rather you be a little more respectful of peoples lifestyles other than your own.

Zechariah Smyth 04-03-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 723962)
I have a question for you all. Like you guys don't care if you are judged for your way of life right? But its still offensive if someone hates on you for your lifestyle. Obviously some people don't agree with you and most are very vocal about it. But why call gay people "fags." or even, why would you name gay sports for people to watch out for. I'm not going to get into why people are gay but honestly, its so hateful. I'd just rather you be a little more respectful of peoples lifestyles other than your own.

I agree with you that "fag" is not a very nice way to refer to queers. I'd prefer that people use "sodomite" or "abomination" as it connotes a Biblical tone.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Jtkode 04-03-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 723975)
I agree with you that "fag" is not a very nice way to refer to queers. I'd prefer that people use "sodomite" or "abomination" as it connotes a Biblical tone.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Why cant you just know that they are going to hell according to your way of life instead of having to put them down every chance you get. There is no need to call them sodomite and abomination other than to purely offend them. I just think its not cool to call someone a name like that just to put them down. I'm not going to go and say you guys are idiots for believe what you do...

Zechariah Smyth 04-03-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 723976)
Why cant you just know that they are going to hell according to your way of life instead of having to put them down every chance you get. There is no need to call them sodomite and abomination other than to purely offend them. I just think its not cool to call someone a name like that just to put them down. I'm not going to go and say you guys are idiots for believe what you do...

Where did I put anyone down? Good grief, I try and extend a tolerant olive branch to you, and you snap at me like a rabid swamp turtle and then imply that I'm an idiot.

Instead of using common slurs, I am simply trying to use Biblical references for queers, to wit:

(Leviticus 18:22) "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

(Jude 1:7) "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

You have hurt me deeply, young man...I expect an apology.

:angry:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Jtkode 04-03-2011 02:52 AM

I agree, it was poor word choice in idiots, I didn't mean to imply that. I understand you are using it from the bible, and I have read those verses. I'm not saying you are using it in a derogatory way I'm just saying that I have seen others on this board use it in a way that isn't nice and singles gay people out, not for preaching, but for bashing.

Sorry if I had offended you,

Yours in not really Christ,

Joe

Zechariah Smyth 04-03-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 723985)
I agree, it was poor word choice in idiots, I didn't mean to imply that. I understand you are using it from the bible, and I have read those verses. I'm not saying you are using it in a derogatory way I'm just saying that I have seen others on this board use it in a way that isn't nice and singles gay people out, not for preaching, but for bashing.

Sorry if I had offended you,

Yours in not really Christ,

Joe

That is what might be charitably described as a passive-aggressive apology, and therefor I cannot accept.

By saying "Sorry if I had offended you" you attempt to put the onus on me for the entire episode, when in fact it was YOU who initiated the ugliness.

If you were truly sorry you would've said something like:

"I am sorry for being offensive."

I pray you can see the difference.

And then your cutesy "Yours in not really Christ" jab only adds to the overall offensiveness. At least have the courage of your convictions, and don't rely on mealy-mouthed mush like that to make your point.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Jtkode 04-03-2011 03:25 AM

Well there is where you are wrong Mr. Smyth. I really am sorry if I had offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention. And idk you guys seem to write that after anything, it wasn't a jab towards you or anyone, I was just stating my own fact, I really am not too much into Christ, but its there, so I want to make it known its there but not so much. Nothing towards you or a jab at anyone, thats just how I'm going to write what I say....

Yours not so much in Christ,
Joe

P.S. I really, really hope you don't think I'm trying to offend you, I don't know how much I can stress this, Its just really not my intention.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-03-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 724009)
Well there is where you are wrong Mr. Smyth. I really am sorry if I had offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention. And idk you guys seem to write that after anything, it wasn't a jab towards you or anyone, I was just stating my own fact, I really am not too much into Christ, but its there, so I want to make it known its there but not so much. Nothing towards you or a jab at anyone, thats just how I'm going to write what I say....

Yours not so much in Christ,
Joe

P.S. I really, really hope you don't think I'm trying to offend you, I don't know how much I can stress this, Its just really not my intention.

Your persistance is posting non-Christian points of view is extremely offensive to Jesus and Hs favorite forum. Why don't you go bother the Mormons or something?

Jtkode 04-03-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 724035)
Your persistance is posting non-Christian points of view is extremely offensive to Jesus and Hs favorite forum. Why don't you go bother the Mormons or something?

I don't get why you think I'm bothering you, I'm trying to understand your lifestyle better, this is interesting to me, and I'm just stating some facts about myself and my belifs to see how you react to them, to really see what you guys believe, because just reading posts, which is what I have been doing, didn't seem like I got the big picture. I'm not here to change any of your opinions because I honestly don't think I could. I just hope you don't hate me for it.

Yours Truly,
Jozef

P.S- Just as a heads up, I'm not going to be banned from these forums or anything, I have no ill intent or ill will towards you, and I think it would be kinda sad if I posted something and I didn't get to see if it I got banned.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-03-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 724044)
I don't get why you think I'm bothering you, I'm trying to understand your lifestyle better, this is interesting to me, and I'm just stating some facts about myself and my belifs to see how you react to them, to really see what you guys believe, because just reading posts, which is what I have been doing, didn't seem like I got the big picture. I'm not here to change any of your opinions because I honestly don't think I could. I just hope you don't hate me for it.

Yours Truly,
Jozef

P.S- Just as a heads up, I'm not going to be banned from these forums or anything, I have no ill intent or ill will towards you, and I think it would be kinda sad if I posted something and I didn't get to see if it I got banned.

Son, the things that you "don't get" could fill a dozen football stadiums. This is a Christian forum. Our policy is clearly stated: Unsaved NOT Welcome! :rtfm:

Jtkode 04-03-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 724045)
Son, the things that you "don't get" could fill a dozen football stadiums. This is a Christian forum. Our policy is clearly stated: Unsaved NOT Welcome! :rtfm:

Errrrr see Mr. Ezekiel, I think that there are things that you don't get as well, but I don't care, I just want to understand and hear how you are living. And ok sorry I'm unsaved, but really I cant try and understand you guys?

With all due respect,

Jozef

P.S. R U MARRIEEEDDD?

Pastor Ezekiel 04-03-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtkode (Post 724051)

P.S. R U MARRIEEEDDD?

No, I do not want to commit sodomy with you. :thumbdown:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your religious background, and how you came to hate Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

Jtkode 04-03-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 724054)
No, I do not want to commit sodomy with you. :thumbdown:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your religious background, and how you came to hate Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I'm not asking you to commit sodomy with me I have a boyfriend... and I don't cheat! Thanks for that introduction thing, I will post, really thats nice of you :), didn't know you could be nice to outsiders Eze, :D you made my day, and I've already looked at that topic, I really hope I didn't make an ass out of myself though? I have tried to be as respectable as I could.

deltablues2 04-07-2011 01:29 AM

Leap Frog is the gayest of the gay sports. Especially when performed in the nude like those faggy Romans used to do.

AllIWantIsLove 04-07-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glendora Christianson (Post 87936)
Ice Skating, Swimming (of course!), Wrestling, Tennis, and especially European "Football" AKA Soccer! Did I miss any???

O.O SWIMMING?! Tennis?! Ice Skating?! SOCCER?! I can understand Wrestling... But anywho; how?! Why?!:fear2:

Two-Dollar Bill 04-07-2011 10:05 AM

Forgive me if I missed it, and someone already named the most gaytarded sport of all time, but I'd like to add handball to this list. Seriously, we are talking about a sport that makes out with other sports and spends a lot of time caring about how its "friends" dress.

MisterM 04-07-2011 04:05 PM

You nailed it Bill, handball is one of the gayest sports ever. Check the name of the goaling team here...Cocks!!!!

Alphonse Alban 04-07-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterM (Post 723859)
How about Thai boxing?

Thai Boxing is Liberace gay.

No wonder it is so popular in Bangcock.

MisterM 04-07-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphonse Alban (Post 727278)
Thai Boxing is Liberace gay.

No wonder it is so popular in Bangcock.

Oh **it, thats it. No more that then. I go for more traditional muay boran where queers and women are not allowed.

Two-Dollar Bill 04-07-2011 05:30 PM

Thoughts about baseball? Surely America's favorite past time can in no way be considered homosexual. However, I have to admit I am ignorant here as to what the Christian community thinks of it. I'm going to go out on a limb and admit that I have purchased the ability to watch games on the computer machine here (since we live in Scandinavia and they only have old Dallas re-runs on TV). I did this so as to be able to bring up the boys with what I consider to be a "good, clean and manly sport". I like to think I am doing them a service by teaching them about sacrifice, teamwork, and ethics through this medium. Should I cancel my subscription or is baseball ok?