The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Bacon thread (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=54789)

James Dewitt 11-27-2010 04:49 PM

The Bacon thread

Brothers and Sisters, this thread is dedicated to one of our Lords most glorious creations, Bacon.

I would like to start with a recent dinner creation of my maid. I told her last week of my deep love of bacon. She made me a Bacon Cheese Burger for dinner last night, not just any burger. Here is what she did.
She ground up 2 lbs of fresh sirloin steak, 2 yes 2 lbs of thick cut apple wood smoked pepper bacon and ground it. She carefully mixed the two meats together. My maid then made 4 one lb. burgers and cooked them over charcoal until they where a medium doneness. She lightly covered a whole grain bun with fresh butter and browned them. When the burgers where almost done she added a slice or two of pepper cheese and allowed them to melt. She assembled the burger and bun, with 4 or 5 extra slices of fried bacon, a slice of onion and a little steak sauce on the side. She also served fries with a liberal sprinkling of smoked sea salt. When you have that burger and a cold brew it just does not get any better. I have to tell ya if that woman was a Christian, I might ........never mind. Back to the BACON:symposion:
Sisters if you love your man make him one for dinner.

LordHaveMercy 11-27-2010 05:00 PM

Re: The Bacon thread

Wow, my mouth is watering. That sounds like an amazingly good burger, though I don't usually trust women around the grill.

Next time, try smoking the bacon with Alder wood, and finish it with mesquite. (but not for too long, mesquite is a powerful flavor)

I will have my wife assemble this for me tonight. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

LHM

Marshall 11-27-2010 05:10 PM

I must admit a certain weakness for bacon. It truly does fill me with joy to eat it.

James Dewitt 11-27-2010 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It gets better, last week I was in NYC and had bacon dipped in Chocolate. Baby that was good! In Chicago last month I stopped in a bar for a quick bite to eat. They had Bacon Bourbon. It seems that they add bacon fat to a bottle of Bourbon and let it set for a month. They then skim off the fat, and you have bacon flavored Bourbon, you have to try it!

Pastor Ezekiel 11-27-2010 05:53 PM

Not only that, but Jesus has endowed bacon with hangover curing properties! :thumbsup:

Dutch Girl 11-27-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 644544)
It gets better, last week I was in NYC and had bacon dipped in Chocolate. Baby that was good! In Chicago last month I stopped in a bar for a quick bite to eat. They had Bacon Bourbon. It seems that they add bacon fat to a bottle of Bourbon and let it set for a month. They then skim off the fat, and you have bacon flavored Bourbon, you have to try it!

:shok:

How is it that there are still people alive in America?

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-27-2010 06:04 PM

~400 years of God's diet; those whose arteries can deal with sugared lard have prospered!

Ex:29:22: Also thou shalt take of the ram the fat and the rump, and the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right shoulder; for it is a ram of consecration:
Ex:29:23: And one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the LORD:

It's much the same with bacon.

James Dewitt 11-27-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekiel Bathfire (Post 644551)
~400 years of God's diet; those whose arteries can deal with sugared lard have prospered!

Ex:29:22: Also thou shalt take of the ram the fat and the rump, and the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right shoulder; for it is a ram of consecration:
Ex:29:23: And one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the LORD:

It's much the same with bacon.

Praise Jesus, how can it get any better? A manly serving of bacon, with the endorsement of God. Shout Glory!:licklips:

James Dewitt 11-27-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch Girl (Post 644550)
:shok:

How is it that there are still people alive in America?

Leviticus 2:5
And if thy oblation be a meat offering baken in a pan, it shall be of fine flour unleavened, mingled with oil.

Leviticus 2:7
And if thy oblation be a meat offering baken in the fryingpan, it shall be made of fine flour with oil.

Leviticus 2:13
And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy God to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.

You see God tells us that a Bacon Burger are what we should eat, and to use butter on the bun with lots of salt.B)

DeadMan89 11-27-2010 07:29 PM

Dude, if you want to have the ULTIMATE BACON GLORY, I suggest you try the bacon explosion. Here's the recipe.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-27-2010 08:18 PM

:drool:What an excellent link! I can smell the bacon cooking!:ohyeah: I almost gave you some reputation praise for that but I managed, with Jesus' help, to restrain myself. :thumbsup:

John Scopes 11-27-2010 08:57 PM

Bacon of course was the basic food of those that (for the time) were somewhat further up the evolutionary chain.
The unfortunate aboriginals that were killed during this time should have adapted by creating better weapons but that did not happen.
Simply a process of natural selection.

James Dewitt 11-27-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Scopes (Post 644611)
Bacon of course was the basic food of those that (for the time) were somewhat further up the evolutionary chain.
The unfortunate aboriginals that were killed during this time should have adapted by creating better weapons but that did not happen.
Simply a process of natural selection.

Its my guess you eat a lot of nuts and berries. Try eating some meat, you might grow a spine:angry:

beaner whore 11-28-2010 01:06 AM

With every bite you take of animal flesh, that is a reflection of the pain and suffering that animal endured to provide a meal on your table.

If you really want to glorify your god, perhaps you should look into some meat alternatives? Allow his beautiful creatures to live on this earth without fear of slaughter.

With Light and Love,
Beamer

Levi Jones 11-28-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamer (Post 644742)
With every bite you take of animal flesh, that is a reflection of the pain and suffering that animal endured to provide a meal on your table.

If you really want to glorify your god, perhaps you should look into some meat alternatives? Allow his beautiful creatures to live on this earth without fear of slaughter.

With Light and Love,
Beamer

Bacon tastes sooooo delicious!

You know you want some. Deep down you miss meat.

Romans 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Bacon cheeseburgers! :drool:

Lisa H 11-28-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamer (Post 644742)

With Light and Love,
Beamer

Next you will be complaining about the pain and suffering plants go through.

Vegetarianism is just an excuse because you cannot afford to eat meat!

James Dewitt 11-28-2010 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa H (Post 644757)
Next you will be complaining about the pain and suffering plants go through.

Vegetarianism is just an excuse because you cannot afford to eat meat!

May be she is concerned that we don't get any fiber, that's why the bun was whole wheat:)
May be she thinks we need fruit in our diet, if thats the case look at this. Apple pie with bacon.:thumbsup:

beaner whore 11-28-2010 02:04 AM

In a way, you are correct. My monetary income is low due to the fact that I have trouble selling my artwork. I feel as though I am wealthy however, mainly because of the love and support of my close friends! Money isn't all that matters in the world, you know.

James Dewitt 11-28-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamer (Post 644794)
In a way, you are correct. My monetary income is low due to the fact that I have trouble selling my artwork. I feel as though I am wealthy however, mainly because of the love and support of my close friends! Money isn't all that matters in the world, you know.

Who ever said it was. Just because I am loaded does not mean that God loves me more than some of my less than wealthy brothers and sisters. My wealth does however help the Church spread the Word of God.
Have you ever heard the saying " money can't buy happiness"? Obviously that was said by a poor person.
Perhaps you should get a real job, have you thought of being a maid?

Lisa H 11-28-2010 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamer (Post 644794)

If you are having trouble selling your artwork, then you are not selling artwork people want. Have you not heard of supply and demand.