The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scientific proof the Earth is flat! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40617)

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 12:47 AM

Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
I have noticed several debates on this particular subject here. To all you godless atheists out there, let's settle this once and for all...

In the modern world it has become a widely spread lie that the earth is round. Of course, this is impossible. If the earth is round, then why don't people just fall off at the bottom?

The answer is simple: The Earth is not round!

Now, if we take a look at some scripture, it clearly tells us the earth is not round but flat:

Jeremiah 16:19:
O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

According to Jeremiah 16:19, the earth has ends. There is no way a spherical earth could have ends, and therefore the earth must be flat. The Book of Revelation tells a similar story:

Revelation 7:1:
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

A spherical earth cannot have corners, it is scientifically impossible. The only logical explanation is that the earth is flat. Checkmate atheists!

Isaiah 40:22:
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

What Isaiah actually describes here is as follows (note: this is a link to a video where a True Christian Scientist™ debunks a false Christian interpretation of this passage):

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8616/isaiah.jpg

The following image is taken from a creation science book. According to real scientists, this is how the universe really looks like:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4651/sgr0008l.jpg

Here we see how the planets, the sun and the moon revolve around the flat earth:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5623/solarsystem.jpg

Now, if you still don't believe these scientific facts, here are some real photographs taken at the ends of the earth:

http://www.mellowmonk.com/images/edge_of_the_world.jpg

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...flat-earth.jpg

http://www.icis.com/blogs/asian-chem.../FlatEarth.jpg

http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/21/2...earths-end.jpg

As you can see, this is a solid proof the Earth is flat. Why else would it have edges like these? ...because the earth is flat! That's why.

YIC,
Alex

Cranky Old Man 04-10-2010 12:51 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503427)
As you can see, this is a solid proof the Earth is flat. Why else would it have edges like these? ...because the earth is flat! That's why.

I am glad we can now finally close that discussion now that both the Holy Bible and scientific proof say that the Earth is flat.

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 02:51 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
I always thought that people didn't fall off Earth because of gravity?

And those pictures that you have of the edge of the world? I've seen them before. They're photoshops.

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 03:09 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503558)
I always thought that people didn't fall off Earth because of gravity?

No, people don't fall off because of Intelligent Pulling, not gravity.

Get your facts straight.

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 03:20 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503570)
No, people don't fall off because of Intelligent Pulling, not gravity.

Get your facts straight.


...
Intelligent Pulling, the way it was described doesn't seem to answer my statement.
Why would intelligent pulling keep everyone on the planet, and yet you gave me 'proof' that showed me that that's why airplanes can go all the way across the world?

I just need you to elaborate more on that than to just give me something that basic.

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 03:24 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503572)
...
Intelligent Pulling, the way it was described doesn't seem to answer my statement.
Why would intelligent pulling keep everyone on the planet, and yet you gave me 'proof' that showed me that that's why airplanes can go all the way across the world?

I just need you to elaborate more on that than to just give me something that basic.

Read my article again, I have already answered your question. Why do you hate Jesus?

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 03:43 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503573)
Read my article again, I have already answered your question. Why do you hate Jesus?

OK I read the entire thread and it still didn't answer my question. In fact, This to me sounds about right:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne http://www.landoverbaptist.net/image...s/viewpost.gif
These pictures are wrong on so many levels, I have no idea where to begin.

  1. If the sun was hundreds of times bigger than Earth like in those pictures, we would burn up. The sun is no more than 500 miles away, as proven by mathematics. If this were true, the whole sky would be made up of the sun and the earth would be devoured in intense heat.
hate to break it to you but i think you'll find the distance of the sun has already been proven to be further away than 500 miles using mathmatics!
  1. Stars are not giant balls of red gas, but actually diamonds. Again, if stars like Arturus and Betelgeuse were so big, why do they look so small in the sky? Also when you look at them, they are not red. They are twinkly and silvery-white, just like diamonds.
if you were to take an orange. place it 1 meter in front of you. take a picture. then place it 10 meters in front of you. and take a picture. the picture at 10 meters makes the orange look smaller than it actually is. its a similar principal for the stars. they are so far away that only a tiny bit of light reaches the earth which is why they seem so tiny.
  1. The Earth is not a sphere. That's just a bogus old wives' tale that spread around so heavily that everyone believes that nonsense. If the Earth was really a sphere, then people in Australia would fall off into space. Gravity is a downwards force.
yes gravity is a downward force. where are you coming from exactly? in space there is no "down" as such. down and up only exists on planets. and as such if you went to australia you would not fall off because the centre of the earth is our "down".



Also, I do not hate Jesus. Where did you get that from?
The Jews obviously hated Jesus. They're the ones who crucified him.

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 03:47 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503584)
Also, I do not hate Jesus. Where did you get that from?
The Jews obviously hated Jesus. They're the ones who crucified him.

You mudslimes denied Him as your true and only saviour. How is that not hating Jesus?

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 04:00 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503585)
You mudslimes denied Him as your true and only saviour. How is that not hating Jesus?

So did the Jews.

I see that you have a section hating on Lutherans, but they didn't do that.

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 04:21 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503596)
So did the Jews.

Yes, indeed. God hates them along with all other false religious cults.
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503596)
I see that you have a section hating on Lutherans, but they didn't do that.

The Lutherans are false Christians. They don't follow the entire KJV1611 Holy Bible, especially not the following passage:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 04:30 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503613)
Yes, indeed. God hates them along with all other false religious cults.

The Lutherans are false Christians. They don't follow the entire KJV1611 Holy Bible, especially not the following passage:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

And what part of scripture do they not follow?

Martin Luther spoke out against the crazes of the Catholic Church, and actually TAUGHT the Bible.
He didn't twist it to fit his own thoughts like the Catholics were.

Jacqueline the Bulldyke 04-10-2010 04:40 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Ah, here we go again. Go ahead, think what you will. The earth isn't flat just because some book says so. Use your heads.

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 04:44 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacqueline Risotta (Post 503629)
Ah, here we go again. Go ahead, think what you will. The earth isn't flat just because some book says so. Use your heads.

The Bible doesn't even totally come out with it and say that.

Who is to say that the Earth cannot be a sphere and still be on a pillar?

Who is to say that the Bible isn't full of things that shouldn't be taken literally?
Hasn't it been proven that Jesus taught in little stories (known as parables) and that these were just used to get a larger point across; not 100% true?
And if Jesus and God (as well as the Holy Spirit) are all the same, then can we not assume that the entire Bible should be taken with a grain of salt as to being not always 100% serious, but more or less also giving us little stories for our own interpretation as to what their true meaning is?

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 04:54 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503632)
The Bible doesn't even totally come out with it and say that.

Who is to say that the Earth cannot be a sphere and still be on a pillar?

Who is to say that the Bible isn't full of things that shouldn't be taken literally?
Hasn't it been proven that Jesus taught in little stories (known as parables) and that these were just used to get a larger point across; not 100% true?
And if Jesus and God (as well as the Holy Spirit) are all the same, then can we not assume that the entire Bible should be taken with a grain of salt as to being not always 100% serious, but more or less also giving us little stories for our own interpretation as to what their true meaning is?

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 04:55 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503636)
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Since when is inspiration 100% truth?

Brother Enoch 04-10-2010 05:02 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503558)
I always thought that people didn't fall off Earth because of gravity?
.

You're an idiot.

Gravity makes things fall down. If the earth was round gravity would make people fall right off the underside.

Look, take a tennis ball and put a grain of rice on top of it. What happens? It sits there. That's gravity. Now turn the tennis ball upside down. Where is the grain of rice now? That's gravity too.

Since nobody falls off the Earth, it has to be flat. Idiot.

Honestly, I don't know why people can't just think things out for themselves. :(

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 05:07 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 503641)
You're an idiot.

Gravity makes things fall down. If the earth was round gravity would make people fall right off the underside.

Look, take a tennis ball and put a grain of rice on top of it. What happens? It sits there. That's gravity. Now turn the tennis ball upside down. Where is the grain of rice now? That's gravity too.

Since nobody falls off the Earth, it has to be flat. Idiot.

Honestly, I don't know why people can't just think things out for themselves. :(

OK well now go put that tennis ball into the vacuum of space and do the same thing.
Give that tennis ball an atmosphere. Now do it.
You've just done a REAL scientific experiment. Good job :D

See, every object has it's own gravitational pull. But why, then, would we all not fly at other objects? The answer is simple. You see, the Earth's gravitational pull is greater than other objects' pulls, which causes everything to stay in place (unless acted on by another force, see Newton's Laws).
Earth's gravitational pull is constantly pulling down. Down is relative, however. Down is the SAME for everyone, no matter where you are. Down would be the center of the Earth. Everyone is pulled towards the center.

Brother Alex 04-10-2010 05:11 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAMuslim (Post 503644)
OK well now go put that tennis ball into the vacuum of space and do the same thing.
Give that tennis ball an atmosphere. Now do it.
You've just done a REAL scientific experiment. Good job :D

See, every object has it's own gravitational pull. But why, then, would we all not fly at other objects? The answer is simple. You see, the Earth's gravitational pull is greater than other objects' pulls, which causes everything to stay in place (unless acted on by another force, see Newton's Laws).
Earth's gravitational pull is constantly pulling down. Down is relative, however. Down is the SAME for everyone, no matter where you are. Down would be the center of the Earth. Everyone is pulled towards the center.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Gravity has never been scientifically proved and hence still remains a theory. If you want to learn more about gravity then click here.

I'mAMuslim 04-10-2010 05:30 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Jonsson (Post 503648)
I have no idea what you're talking about. Gravity has never been scientifically proved and hence still remains a theory. If you want to learn more about gravity then click here.

Religion could also be called a theory if you think about it, as it has never been proven.

The Bible is your proof you say. But the scientists have books as well. So you're all basically on even ground, no?

JoshWonders 04-10-2010 05:32 AM

Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!
 
Hello y'all I'm new here. :)

I was just wondering what your take is on the astronauts in regards to the Earth being flat? I mean they actually orbited it and saw it from a different perspective than anyone else. Wouldn't they be the most qualified to judge whether or not it's round or flat?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved