The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Facial hair: filthy, clean, or what? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117019)

Sally Paulson 11-12-2019 05:47 PM

Facial hair: filthy, clean, or what?

My husband has grown a mustache, so I decided to do some research on the click-bait archive previously known as google.

I’m getting ‘beards as dirty as dogs’ - you know, those creatures that healthy people French kiss right after they’ve been licking butts.

Beards have as many germs as toilets’. So does yogurt.

I studied centuries of facial hair data and...well, not really, I just checked out the models in Joy Of Sex and then came to no conclusion. Thanks for clicking!’

Maybe it has something to do with fashion and practicality being unable to exist in the same space-time-continuum. Though ‘practicality’ seems like an understatement when we’re trying to not all die from plague.

Or maybe someone actually has answered this extremely simple and obvious question, but it’s buried under mountains of useless click bait garbage. And nobody wants to make a click-bait free search engine because all the money is in useless garbage and perhaps horrible medieval plagues that kill everybody. Or maybe they’re clean. Thanks for clicking!

Dana723 11-13-2019 12:51 AM

Re: Facial hair: filthy, clean, or what?

Well, Jesus had a beard but Trump doesn't so I'm not sure what the answer is. My own husband doesn't wear a beard as he says it gets in his way when he spits tobacco.

Social Construct 11-13-2019 07:51 AM

1. germs are a social construct. telling people to wash their hands is aggrettion against people in dry parts of the world.
  2. Your husband is racist. I invited him to donate a thousand dollars to my 'pray for no racism' event but he didn't.
  3. Yogurt is murder.
  4. We must abolish the socially constructed false distinction between beards and face moss.

MitzaLizalor 11-13-2019 11:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1260312)
Well, Jesus had a beard but Trump doesn't so I'm not sure what the answer is. My own husband doesn't wear a beard as he says it gets in his way when he spits tobacco.

God has provided guidelines for facial hair, actually His commandments are a bit stronger than guidelines, and of course Jesus (being God) would comply with those.

Decorative beards show a degree of narcissism and pruning efforts feature strongly. Ayatollahs and communists don't care what God has to say on any subject particularly where the head is addressed and two examples will suffice here.

Attachment 28466 . . . Attachment 28467
. .a communist . . . . . . . . . . . . . . an ayatollah

Leviticus 19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

However much debate there is a very simple test is available from any homeschool resource kit. Look at that commie head! Now compare it with the compass or the other item and see how many corners you can find.

And as for the other wretch, if anyone wondered what a marred or rounded beard looked like………………

Of course not dying from plague could be a problem for either camp lacking as they do God's standard for hygiene or the ability to pray for healing. They have the ability to read it (in The Bible) and may have done so but see no reason to apply what they've read preferring more direct action I suppose. A compass set is attached, below.

Emily Brent 11-13-2019 07:28 PM

Girls and women of the Mediterranean variety has these little lip whiskers; moustaches. It's most revolting. Why would God bestow these poor ladies with unsightly hair? Is there an answer in the Bible for such?

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 11-13-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily Brent (Post 1260338)
Girls and women of the Mediterranean variety has these little lip whiskers; moustaches. It's most revolting. Why would God bestow these poor ladies with unsightly hair? Is there an answer in the Bible for such?

Leviticus is your friend here, Mrs Brent, acknowledging as it does the plight of these dirty women.

Leviticus 13:29-30 tells us If a man or woman have a plague upon the head or the beard;
Then the priest shall see the plague: and, behold, if it be in sight deeper than the skin; and there be in it a yellow thin hair; then the priest shall pronounce him unclean

I take the "him" in the second verse to be the inclusive "him" which includes "her", because paper was expensive in those days. So basically a plague upon the beard (in the case of women, merely having facial hair) is a sign that these mustachioed Hispanics are unclean.

When in doubt, I always turn to Leviticus and I would recommend that you do likewise. I hope this is helpful.

MitzaLizalor 11-14-2019 05:03 AM

Although I don't promote false so called science, nevertheless its tenets can sometimes be used to refute the very arguments themselves. That's called being internally inconsistent. In this case it's the false science of genetics. And we do notice that certain generations of human in certain regions are more or less inclined to facial hair.

Now there was a time when Ishmaelites attempted to overrun Europe, even with some very limited success in the southern regions such as Spain or the Sicilies (2, 3 or 4 depending on how you count them) and assorted other islands. Even though replacing one system of idolatry with another is no great deterioration culturally, from a genetic point of view there are many demerit points.

God knew that cumulative generations could degenerate to their great disadvantage under some very specific conditions. God forbade such unions and those who follow His commands prosper. There are other consequences too—volcanic activity for example—when people think they know better than God. In this thread we're considering beards so I'll move straight on to Jacob and the curious effect of gawping at certain things during procreation.

Genesis 30:31a,32 [Laban] said, What shall I give thee? And Jacob said..I will pass through all thy flock to day, removing from thence all the speckled and spotted cattle, and all the brown cattle among the sheep, and the spotted and speckled among the goats: and of such shall be my hire.

Jacob had been working for Laban and the question of pay arose. Laban had tricked Jacob some years earlier and true to type removed all his piebald stock well away so Jacob would get nothing. But Jacob was not some schnorrer angling to cream off assets. Because Jacob worshipped God and God is jealous – He doesn't watch His children get ripped off and do nothing about it. I don't know what Laban worshipped. Eris probably.

Genesis 30:37-39 Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods. And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink. And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.

Ha! Jacob knew what affected hair growth and produced a flock for himself because God loved him. It's an important principle, one perhaps relevant here. What were those southern Europeans looking at when they conceived their (as we now know) hirsute daughters? Vikings were not unknown in Sicily and compared to genetically impaired savages chopping and hacking their way in with other activities I'm not going to describe, surely the image of a bearded Viking would be more appealing than whatever was taking place otherwise? Perhaps some artwork or a fond memory – but the proof of this particular pudding is very much in the eating. And the daughters, like Jacob's sheep, do have strangely modified hair growth. The geneticists will snigger at this but I'll say it right out: have they ever seen a daughter of the Sicilies (or Spain) with a blonde beard? Of course not. I give you means, motive & opportunity – and the outcome speaks for itself.

Quote:

––I Timothy 6:17-21a
17a Charge them that are rich in this world that they be not highminded nor trust in uncertain riches
17b But in the living God who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18a That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19a Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come
19b That they may lay hold on eternal life.
20a O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings
20b And oppositions of science falsely so called:
21a Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

––Exodus 34:13-16b
13a Ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
14a For thou shalt worship no other god:
14b For the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
15a Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land and go a whoring after their gods
15b And do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee and thou eat of his sacrifice;
16a And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons
16b And their daughters go a whoring after their gods.

Trent Harvey, Jr. 01-08-2020 10:14 PM

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/atta...9&d=1578555393

Well, that settles it. Beards are dirty. And soon to be radioactive.

Cranky Old Man 01-08-2020 11:56 PM

:blink:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-14-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Harvey, Jr. (Post 1263041)
https://www.landoverbaptist.net/atta...9&d=1578555393

Well, that settles it. Beards are dirty. And soon to be radioactive.

He has COVID19 and is currently under quarantine. Your gift of prophecy has been noted.

Any other predictions?

Trent Harvey, Jr. 03-14-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond (Post 1265653)
Any other predictions?

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/pict...&pictureid=723

handmaiden 03-14-2020 05:13 PM

If all beards were like Jesus' beard, everything would be fine. But we all know that there is only one Jesus.

All the others are "HAY-sues' eses" and I don't them or their appropriation of Our Lord's Name and Beard at all. :nono: