The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ray Comfort vs Matt Dillahunty Radio Debate (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96670)

Pim Pendergast 02-11-2014 12:36 PM

Ray Comfort vs Matt Dillahunty Radio Debate

On Friday, Ray Comfort debated Matt Dillahunty of the Atheist Experience on Christian radio AM980 KKMS about the existence of God. Matt's position was that he didn't believe in God because he had not seen any compelling evidence of His existence. He left it up to Ray to present that evidence. Naturally, Ray went straight to Romans 1:20 and told Matt that he didn't need to prove God to anyone; he only needed to warn people of the danger of hell. He spent most of his time preaching to Matt. It wasn't even a real debate. Neither side presented any evidence for their position; therefore Matt lost.

Throughout the debate, Matt only made himself look silly by denying God's existence in the face of all the evidence in creation.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

If, as Matt claims, he really can't see evidence of God's existence in creation, then the Bible is wrong. All Matt had to do to win the debate was prove he didn't think creation was evidence of a Creator, just as Ken Ham proved to Bill Nye he didn't think the evidence for evolution was evidence for evolution.

Matt even went so far as to claim he used to be a Christian. He was raised a Southern Baptist and was studying to become a pastor when he began having doubts. But we know that no one can lose their salvation; therefore he must never have been a Christian in the first place.

2 Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

In other words, if we lose faith, we are still one with Jesus and He believes in Himself, so we can't really lose faith. So if Matt really did lose his faith, the Bible is wrong. All he had to do to win the debate was prove that he really did believe in Jesus, which he could have done by not falling away.

It's been heartening to see the atheist/ evolutionist camp get such a thrashing of late.

Ssakii 02-12-2014 04:16 PM

Re: Ray Comfort vs Matt Dillahunty Radio Debate

Hi, listening to the talk between Matt & Ray caused me to google, cause there was a few thing i wanted to ask. Hope its ok to jump on your thread.

You said that Matt lost because of Roman 1:20, but I got even more confused after reading Romans. Romans 1:13 says that Paul does not want us to be ignorant. If I am not (yet) able to clearly see or understand the the invisible (Romans 1:20) and we need to be wary of those that change the truth of God into a lie (Romans 1:25) is it realy unreasonable for me to expect a godly leader to be able to share some the magnificence of God when asked?

Why does Ray only needed to warn people of the danger of hell? Sort the same as above, is hell the only way to show people the truth of God?

You then said that neither presented any evidence for their position, AND that Matt only made himself look silly by denying God's existence in the face of all the evidence, AND that Matt claimed he really can't see evidence of God's existence in creation. Now I think this is where I got confused when reading your post 1)If neither showed any evidence how can Matt deny it? 2) Why did Ray not provide any evidence that Matt could see? 3) Do I and others really look silly by asking our religious leaders to help us when we say that we dont understand or that the evedence provided does not make sense?

And for something else you and Ray touched on, why would evolution disprove God any more than when some people raised a silly idea that the earth may orbit the sun rather than the other way around?

Zechariah Smyth 02-12-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ssakii (Post 1064108)
tl:dr

Please make your way to the Introduction Forum and make a thread of your own telling us all about your relationship with Jesus.

Don't just barge in here.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Ssakii 02-12-2014 04:37 PM

Opps sorry about that, no barging intended.

Just made a mistake thinking that a Christian forum was the place to ask questions after listening to a Christian radio station.

Does anyone know of a site that does have people who are able to answer religious questions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1064110)
Please make your way to the Introduction Forum and make a thread of your own telling us all about your relationship with Jesus.

Don't just barge in here.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

Zechariah Smyth 02-12-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ssakii (Post 1064114)
Opps sorry about that, no barging intended.

Just made a mistake thinking that a Christian forum was the place to ask questions after listening to a Christian radio station.

Does anyone know of a site that does have people who are able to answer religious questions?

So, instead of being polite and introducing yourself you'd rather get butt-hurt and stomp off? Take your ball and go home? Tuck your tail between your legs?

Admit defeat?

Works for me.

:bye:

Look at the top of the page: UNSAVED UNWELCOME.

tauth66 09-30-2018 12:00 PM

Yes I'm also skipping the intro. Ssakii started off polite with questions. Questions it seems ZS didn't want to hear so he basically ordered him to the intro page like a body guard that got his feelings hurt. I mean anyone can read the thread and clearly see ZS was truly the "butt-hurt" one as he so maturely called Ssakii for politely asking a question. So he didn't introduce himself. Did you have to resort to such negative and childish comments?

And Matt didn't lose. Pim even said Ray didn't debate or present any evidence for Matt to work with. Ray just preached and quoted from the bible.

Didymus Much 09-30-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tauth66 (Post 1239092)
Yes I'm also skipping the intro...

So you're also being rude. :thumbdown:
Quote:

... Ssakii started off polite with questions....
Stop stating your opinion as facts, if you want to get along well here.

And cooperate with your hosts (you know, the people who put the time, effort and MONEY into keeping this place running?) by doing the intro thing. If they don't know who you are, how can they help you?

KillTheKing666 11-05-2018 11:14 PM

GOD IS A WORTHLESS MAGGOT!!!!!!!! HE IS NOTHING AND WILL NEVER BE!!!!!!!!!:devil: