The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   SATAN CLAUS DROPS HIS COVER! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=1233)

see_the_light 12-19-2006 02:27 PM

SATAN CLAUS DROPS HIS COVER!

Brothers

After centuries of mining CHRISTIAN FAITH inder the guise of the lamb, the wolf is showing his teeth... and getting cheered.

This are truly the last days and satan roams the earth unopposed but for a few of his Faithful.

LET US PRAY!

Demand Grows For Nasty, Sexy Santas
by James Paton, Rocky Mountain News
(AP) DENVER Actor Mark Corrigan plays the traditional role of Santa Claus, but the mall gig doesn't always put him in a jolly mood.

Some entertainers in the Denver area, like Corrigan, say they have more fun as a smart-aleck St. Nick and sometimes find audiences prefer it, too.

Increasingly, parents want to see Santa Claus, and they prefer naughty over nice.

The rising profile of Bad Santas doesn't sit well with purists. But there are companies in the Denver area willing to pay $150 to $200 an hour for ill-behaved, or at least edgy, Santas who sing and tell jokes that are sometimes not rated PG.

Wearing a Santa Claus suit and sunglasses, accompanied by his "sexy" niece, Corrigan has been asked to show up at company parties and "to be obnoxious to all the employees."

"I'll walk up to the bar, through the crowd," he said, "and yell at everybody 'Get out of the way! Do you know who I am? I'm Santa!' "

About a week ago, another Claus, Gary Carnes, said he was summoned to a holiday soiree at a local country club (he declined to name it) to entertain a group of 85 women.

"I was sitting on their laps telling them what I wanted for Christmas," he said.

Carnes recalls he once was asked to ski as Santa at Copper Mountain and another time - for a party with a Jamaican theme - was told to dress up as "Rasta Claus" and to appear with white dreadlocks.

"You don't go overboard," he said. "Imagine (radio show hosts) Lewis and Floorwax doing Santa. You push the envelope, but to a point. You don't want to damage the reputation of Santa."

Local booking agencies such as Talent Denver and Talent West stress they try to tailor the act to the crowd and to stay sensitive. The movie "Bad Santa", those organizations say, sparked interest in the concept.

Other Santa Claus personalities, like the ones highlighted in a Wall Street Journal article Friday, have put on ugly displays, and critics say those Santas have strayed too far.

"I think Santa Claus is honorable," says John Shager, an Arvada resident who has proudly served as St. Nick for 28 years. "He brings love, joy and peace to everyone he meets."

Shager said he believes that some of the Santas are "sick." Straight-laced guests who are not ready for that kind of Santa shtick may side with him.

Even the old-fashioned Santas find they are asked to do things that make them uneasy.

A company in Boulder asked Santa Claus - in this case 41-year-old Dave Grimsland, of Erie - to pour shots at a holiday party on Friday night.

"Anytime drinking is involved it gets weird," according to Grimsland, who charges $100 for a one-hour event. "The women sometimes get a little silly. I'm not really looking forward to it. It's easier to just be Santa and talk to the kids."

Mark Alan, a stand-up comedian and Santa Claus in his spare time, said he has seen crowds over the years tolerate racier material, though he adds that his jokes have stayed pretty tame. The audiences, he says, are now crazier than he is.

"People are giving Santa more latitude," he said.

OnYourKnees 12-19-2006 11:22 PM

Re: SATAN CLAUS DROPS HIS COVER!

Quote:

Originally Posted by see_the_light (Post 25333)
Brothers

After centuries of mining CHRISTIAN FAITH inder the guise of the lamb, the wolf is showing his teeth... and getting cheered.

Look a bit closer. I don't think those are teeth.

see_the_light 12-19-2006 11:32 PM

Re: SATAN CLAUS DROPS HIS COVER!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnYourKnees (Post 25390)
Look a bit closer. I don't think those are teeth.

I would bever get into those details Brother.

Too vile to be mentioned otherwise.

PRAISE THE LORD!