The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Just a little reminder on how Christian woman should dress! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=36215)

TaraAnne 01-26-2010 05:07 PM

Just a little reminder on how Christian woman should dress!

I thought for my first post I would go over how a true Christian woman should dress. I know we might be encouraged to stray a little once in awhile, I have strayed a little bit in my day and I have prayed for forgives. Fashion and the devils had are everywhere these days. Women in general dress like harlots these days. My best advice to all the Christian ladies out there is, would you want God to see you wearing that. So just to clarify what is acceptable I have started a list.

1. Please be careful showing to much skin, your tops should be at least three quarter length. Please be conscious of how long your dress is go no higher than one hand length below your knee.

2. Low cut tops are a no go. Breast are for feeding God's children, they are not something to show off to the world. Remember that a necklace can draw attention to your chest and I don't believe that is something our savoir would want.

3. Pants or Slacks eeeewww. These are made for men and should be worn by them only! I think I have said enough on this topic.

4. Make sure the color of your dress is not to loud. Some Devils may think this is an invitation. Be modest in color choice go with the season!

5. Undergarments these are not supposed to be seen! Just the other day at the market some young hussy had a bra strap showing, not to mention she had on the Devils panties, a thong is what I hear some ladies call them. I think it is very tacky when a woman bends over and a little strip of cloth sticks out of her man pants. I promptly went up to her and gave me her sweater and lectured her on what some men will do when women do not cover themselves. I prayed for her and her family that night.

I hope this little short list help the ladies of Landover, please feel free to add on to it. I have also put a link to an article I found as well. I think i will make copies and hand them out the next time i go to the market.

http://www.christiansdressingmodestly.com/

Cranky Old Man 01-27-2010 12:36 AM

Re: Just a little reminder on how Christian woman should dress!

Excellent advice!

Luci Mourningstar 01-27-2010 06:36 PM

Thank you for the WONDERFUL advice!

I won't even allow my husband to see too much skin. :innocent:

Mrs. Mary Whitford 02-05-2010 06:43 AM

It should also be noted that only whores wear their hair in braids. In addition, it's shameless sluts who wear gold and wanton harlots who wear pearls.

1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array

A decent True Christian™ lady will only wear what's affordable to her husband. A Tin Tither should wear hand-me-downs and items she sews from what scraps she can find. A Platinum Tither like myself is fine in a new harp seal fur coat with a platinum and diamond tennis bracelet as such items are a drop in the bucket to my husband, Mr. Whitford, and therefore not costly.

leanneamanda 02-05-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraAnne (Post 460717)
I thought for my first post I would go over how a true Christian woman should dress. I know we might be encouraged to stray a little once in awhile, I have strayed a little bit in my day and I have prayed for forgives. Fashion and the devils had are everywhere these days. Women in general dress like harlots these days. My best advice to all the Christian ladies out there is, would you want God to see you wearing that. So just to clarify what is acceptable I have started a list.

1. Please be careful showing to much skin, your tops should be at least three quarter length. Please be conscious of how long your dress is go no higher than one hand length below your knee.

2. Low cut tops are a no go. Breast are for feeding God's children, they are not something to show off to the world. Remember that a necklace can draw attention to your chest and I don't believe that is something our savoir would want.

3. Pants or Slacks eeeewww. These are made for men and should be worn by them only! I think I have said enough on this topic.

4. Make sure the color of your dress is not to loud. Some Devils may think this is an invitation. Be modest in color choice go with the season!

5. Undergarments these are not supposed to be seen! Just the other day at the market some young hussy had a bra strap showing, not to mention she had on the Devils panties, a thong is what I hear some ladies call them. I think it is very tacky when a woman bends over and a little strip of cloth sticks out of her man pants. I promptly went up to her and gave me her sweater and lectured her on what some men will do when women do not cover themselves. I prayed for her and her family that night.

I hope this little short list help the ladies of Landover, please feel free to add on to it. I have also put a link to an article I found as well. I think i will make copies and hand them out the next time i go to the market.

Really? You're telling women how to dress?
If some slut wants to show her thong, thats her perogative , it should not be up to you to tell her that she's wrong for doing that.
Maybe she just wants to get laid.
Get over it.
Its not your problem. Maybe you should follow her lead and get laid woman.
It'll make you less grumpy and uptight. Put the bible down for a couple hours.

Larry Lee 02-05-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanneamanda (Post 467640)
If some slut wants to show her thong, thats her perogative , it should not be up to you to tell her that she's wrong for doing that.
Get over it.

You probably think you're being really "smart", when you mock God the way you do.

Thankfully, our Lord knows your heart, and He hears its yearning to join with Him in the intimacy of praising God. Why don't you submit to Him and enjoy it? You'll find our Lord does not disappoint.

Cranky Old Man 02-05-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Sure, God demands us to:

1 Timothy 2:9-10 "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works." (as mentioned already by Sister Mary Maria)

1 Timothy 4:12 "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

Quote:

If some slut wants to show her thong, thats her perogative , it should not be up to you to tell her that she's wrong for doing that. Maybe she just wants to get laid. Get over it. Its not your problem.
It is not up to us to ignore this. She might get AIDS that way but more importantly her soul can become damned and she will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. Allowing that to happen would be evil, so we have to try to stop that from happening.

Girl For God 02-05-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Get over it.

1 Corinthians 8:12-13

12But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Mistress Cookie 02-05-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 467700)
It is not up to us to ignore this. She might get AIDS that way but more importantly her soul can become damned and she will burn in the fires of hell for all eternity. Allowing that to happen would be evil, so we have to try to stop that from happening.

That's a vital point, Brother. Women exposing their skin can also get exposed to AIDS when the unhallowed sex these outfits invite occurs.

And the real tragedy is that the tax payers must shoulder the burden of their treatment when they become to sick to work...and who is the tax payer? Everyone, everywhere, who is reading this now.

So let's think about THAT for a minute.

OneWithGod10 02-05-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraAnne (Post 460717)

I shall take this wonderful advice when getting dressed. how high should my dress be on my waist?

Girl For God 02-05-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneWithGod10 (Post 467884)
I shall take this wonderful advice when getting dressed. how high should my dress be on my waist?

I pull mine up past my bellybutton. Just to be safe. :thumbsup:

OneWithGod10 02-05-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl For God (Post 467901)
I pull mine up past my bellybutton. Just to be safe. :thumbsup:

Thank you! :)

Pastor Isaac Peters 02-06-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Get over it.

God says it is our problem:

Ezek. 3:18-19: When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

If you don't approve, take it up with the Almighty.

TC Patriot 02-07-2010 06:36 AM

I recall my girls wanting to wear slacks during the recent cold snap. A few strokes with my belt and their legs were plenty warm!:thumbsup:

Mary Beth 02-10-2010 02:34 AM

Quick Question:
During the cold I do like to wear jackets over my dresses. What kind of cuts are acceptable?

Paul Jeffery 02-10-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Beth (Post 469775)
Quick Question:
During the cold I do like to wear jackets over my dresses. What kind of cuts are acceptable?

I would think Jesus would expect you to wear something that does not reveal in any way that you are feeling chilled. :)

Luci Mourningstar 02-12-2010 06:04 PM

Don't forget the unmentionables should be modest as well!

I sewed some ladylike modest bloomers for my lady friends and for myself.

The lace makes it very romantic :innocent:

http://www.bloomers4u.com/Merchant2/...0001/eyeLG.jpg

Men don't look now, but here is a picture of me in my ladylike brassiere:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3Cbcn3Ol2w...4/s320/bra.jpg

Zachary_Hunter 02-14-2010 07:33 AM

I dont want to tempt anyone but check this out.

http://patriarchive.files.wordpress..../12/inez_3.jpg

:D

Luci Mourningstar 02-14-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary_Hunter (Post 471282)
I dont want to tempt anyone but check this out.

:D

Oh, bother Zachary! I am sinning as I covet the lovely outfit
:sorry:

I will have to pray for forgiveness :innocent:

BelieverInGod 02-18-2010 05:39 PM

I have a couple of questions as I am often confused.

We are not supposed to wear gold? What about my wedding ring as it does show submission to my husband does it not?

For those of us women that the LORD has **ahem** blessed. **blush** My husband refuses to pay to get them cut off, a minimizer bra doesn't do much, and they escaped in bulges when I tried to use duct tape.