The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Should LBC Members Buy Extended Warranty on Their Vehicles (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120027)

Johny Joe Hold 05-13-2022 07:49 PM

Should LBC Members Buy Extended Warranty on Their Vehicles

I suppose we've all received these calls alerting us warranty coverage for repairs to our vehicles has expired and the caller wants to help. I receive these calls as well.

So many financial advisors advise not to buy extended from these callers. Who should we believe?

Let's face it. We all need extended warranties on our vehicles. But we should buy from a Christian firm. A Christian can shop for Christian extended warranties. Then buy several of them to make sure repairs do not put you in a financial bind.

Did You Know These 17 Companies Were Christian? We Bet Not! (godvine.com)

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 05-13-2022 08:25 PM

Re: Should LBC Members Buy Extended Warranty on Their Vehicles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1298291)
Let's face it. We all need extended warranties on our vehicles

Do we, though? My husband asks: how many True Christians™ keep a new vehicle for more than 12 months?

WWJDnow 05-13-2022 08:27 PM

I don't have an extended warranty because I'm getting raptured out of here before my car breaks down.

Johny Joe Hold 05-14-2022 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJDnow (Post 1298293)
I don't have an extended warranty because I'm getting raptured out of here before my car breaks down.

I appreciate as always your views, Brother DNow. The thing I worry about is my car going down before rapture and being unable to meet the LBC tithe requirement. Pastor Zeke is a personal friend, but on the subject of tithes he scares the bejeebers out of me.

Basilissa 05-14-2022 03:52 AM

Jesus provides the unbeatable extended warranty protection.

Why would any True Christian™ even bother to change oil...? A quick prayer to Jesus is much better than going to a mechanic or - even worse - getting own fingers dirty.

WWJDnow 05-14-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1298298)
I appreciate as always your views, Brother DNow. The thing I worry about is my car going down before rapture and being unable to meet the LBC tithe requirement. Pastor Zeke is a personal friend, but on the subject of tithes he scares the bejeebers out of me.

That is a good point. Since I am stuck in sinful New York city, I do not use my car often. It is a different story for you in Iowa, and it would not do for any member of Landover Baptist Church--much less the beloved Mayor--to be seen driving anything other than a well maintained, luxury vehicle. I accept your rebuke and stand corrected.