The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should Christian Woman Wear Headscarves? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106335)

Germany 07-07-2015 08:31 PM

Should Christian Woman Wear Headscarves?

1 Corinthians 11:6: For if a woman not be covered, let her be shorn: but if it be a shame for her to be shorn let her be covered.

Roland 07-07-2015 09:18 PM

Re: Should Christian Woman Wear Headscarves?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germany (Post 1150743)
1 Corinthians 11:6: For if a woman not be covered, let her be shorn: but if it be a shame for her to be shorn let her be covered.

Hi Miss Germany,

According to this verse you should be covered when not shorn, it does not say you should be covered with a headscarve. I think it has to do with showing parts of your body that preferably be shorn if you want other people not to be repulsed if you show them to the world.

Basically this means you have to shave if you want to show those parts in public. Some people are less concerned about the shearing and probably won´t bother if you take the liberty to go around uncovered without shaving. Those people are often called ¨hippies¨.

Cranky Old Man 07-07-2015 10:52 PM

Over the years my wife's face has become less and less pleasing so nowadays I prefer her to wear a bag over her head. I am certain Jesus made her this ugly to prevent me from getting tempted into meaningless sex as she is no longer able to bear children anyway.

Witch Hammer 07-08-2015 01:39 AM

My wife tried to pass one of these sparring helmets off as a head covering:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/123/8...a-web3_567.jpg
What was the silly hag thinking?? She surely should have known that it would interfere with my efforts at domestic discipline...?:confused:

After I had her remove it, I boxed her ears for her insolence!:thumbsup:

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-08-2015 01:51 AM

No, you do not need it. "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15. Therefore, your covering, as God designed, is your long hair. Miss Germany, you need to realize that you need to read the Bible more, because if you did, you'd know 1 Corinthians 11:15. Also, headscarves can get you confused with the mooslimb and joos, so as an attempting-Christian woman, you would do well not to wear it.

Also, if a True Christian may see this, may I mildly suggest moving this to the women's area, since this is not an introduction forum? Thank you!

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 07-08-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1150813)
My wife tried to pass one of these sparring helmets off as a head covering:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/123/8...a-web3_567.jpg
What was the silly hag thinking?? She surely should have known that it would interfere with my efforts at domestic discipline...?:confused:

After I had her remove it, I boxed her ears for her insolence!:thumbsup:

Brother, that also makes her look like a man (that's a boxing helmet, and boxing is a man's sport), therefore, she is in violation of Deuteronomy 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."

MitzaLizalor 07-08-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland (Post 1150749)
Hi Miss Germany,

According to this verse you should be covered when not shorn, it does not say you should be covered with a headscarve. I think it has to do with showing parts of your body that preferably be shorn if you want other people not to be repulsed if you show them to the world.

Basically this means you have to shave if you want to show those parts in public. Some people are less concerned about the shearing and probably won´t bother if you take the liberty to go around uncovered without shaving. Those people are often called ¨hippies¨.

So what you're obsessing over is this · · · ·

:kjv1611:when you should be reading THIS.

Mike Miller 07-08-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Timothy 2:9 "Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire."

Alvin Moss 07-08-2015 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Miller (Post 1150825)
Timothy 2:9 "Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire."

Note- 1Timothy 2:9 in the King James reads somewhat differently. Other versions will have false scripture and must be considered quite dangerous.

Mike Miller 07-08-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin Moss (Post 1150827)
Note- 1Timothy 2:9 in the King James reads somewhat differently. Other versions will have false scripture and must be considered quite dangerous.

Brother, I am 100% with you. Amen.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-08-2015 03:27 AM

Quote:

How is this an introduction? :huh:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Eucharista McBride 07-12-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Only the ugly ones, my dear.

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Brother Tobias 07-12-2015 11:16 AM

There is nothing wrong with wearing a headscarf or not wearing a headscarf.

I think this decision is something best left to the Man of the house.

1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

In Christ

Tobias

James Hutchins 07-12-2015 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think all women should have their heads covered.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 07-12-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 1151401)
I think all women should have their heads covered.

And, looking at that picture, some of them should also have their arms waxed. Yuck!

James Hutchins 07-13-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1151403)
And, looking at that picture, some of them should also have their arms waxed. Yuck!

Some females are harlots and want to expose their skin. Not only do not not want to see it, I really do not even want to hear the sound of bare feet paddling about in the kitchen while my meals are being made.
God in His infinite wisdom, has granted me the fortuitous gift of endurance. It will be 40 something years this August.:innocent: