The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sanctus Ara (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=62845)

/Bomonga/ 04-08-2011 01:46 PM

Sanctus Ara

I am a dedicated Chrisitian, albeit with an odd way of showing it. It interests me to observe things intended to corrupt us (carefully, of course). This all started during a spell of knowledge-obsession, in which I felt driven to know my enemy.

Also, I am a con-linguist.

Zechariah Smyth 04-08-2011 02:00 PM

Re: Sanctus Ara

Quote:

Originally Posted by /Bomonga/ (Post 727839)
I am a dedicated Chrisitian, albeit with an odd way of showing it. It interests me to observe things intended to corrupt us (carefully, of course). This all started during a spell of knowledge-obsession, in which I felt driven to know my enemy.

Hello /b/ !

What brought you here?

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

James Hutchins 04-08-2011 03:43 PM

Son, you cannot post on a forum like this and simply change the chan nel when the words your here offend you. We are famous for not pulling punches and being honest.

Bible Student 04-08-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Interesting thread title. But I might remind you:
Quote:

nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis et conversi disrumpant vos
You must come clean about your ulterior motives for being here.

HTannor 04-08-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the Forum, Mr. Mongo. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

I describe myself more of a pro-linguist. We must compare notes sometime.

/Bomonga/ 04-08-2011 06:53 PM

Perhaps I should elaborate. Conlinguistics is the construction of theoretical language for the purpose of better understanding how languages relate and how translation works.

That being said, the thread title reads 'Hallowed is God' in my only complete language.

Bible Student 04-08-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /Bomonga/ (Post 728015)
Perhaps I should elaborate. Conlinguistics is the construction of theoretical language for the purpose of better understanding how languages relate and how translation works.

That being said, the thread title reads 'Hallowed is God' in my only complete language.

No it doesn't. It is Latin for "sacred altar" or "holy sanctuary". Bomonga, you can redefine a traffic light signal to mean that red means go. However you are going to be on a collision course with reality. If you want to redefine words then make up new ones. Perhaps you should think about this:

Humpty Dumpty took the book and looked at it carefully. `That seems to be done right --' he began.

`You're holding it upside down!' Alice interrupted.

`To be sure I was!' Humpty Dumpty said gaily as she turned it round for him. `I thought it looked a little queer. As I was saying, that seems to be done right -- though I haven't time to look it over thoroughly just now -- and that shows that there are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents --'

`Certainly,' said Alice.

`And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

`I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master -- that's all.'