The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Poetaster's Korner (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Jesus Will Fix My Pa's Flat Tire: The Song (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116568)

BrotherLarry 07-12-2019 01:54 AM

Jesus Will Fix My Pa's Flat Tire: The Song

While in my prayer closet this afternoon, I heard the whisper of the Spirit in my ear: "Larry, you must grab a pen and paper. Write down the things I am about to tell you."

I am not one to shun the utterings of the Spirit, so I grabbed pen and paper. And here is the result. GLORY!

Jesus Will Fix My Pa's Flat Tire
Inspired by GOD and based on real events

While traveling down life's highway, we oft' face bumpy roads
The obstacles assault us, like turtles, frogs, and toads
But never will I doubt my God, He comes when things are dire
And I know that Jesus will fix my Pa's flat tire.

CHORUS:
There's no reason to doubt
The Lord will help us out
We may be waiting for hours
But Jesus has the power
To take a simple flat
And fix it just like that
Yes I know Jesus will fix my Pa's flat tire.

Sometimes my pa gets tested when trouble comes his way
He goes off leaving me stranded, along the dark highway
But God will never leave us, He fills us with His Fire
And Jesus surely will surely fix my Pa's flat tire

REPEAT CHORUS

(SPOKEN, WITH GREAT REVERENCE):

Yes, Friend, Jesus will fix my Pa's flat tire. What is your flat tire today? Has that old serpent, the devil, tried to steal the joy of your salvation? Has frustration gotten the best of you while trusting in the mighty love of Jesus? Well, Friend, remember this: His time is not necessarily our time, but God is GOOD, ALL THE TIME.

You see, Friend, today it may be a flat tire. Tomorrow (if tomorrow comes) it might be stage four pancreatic cancer. Both of these things can cast a gloom over the afternoon and early evening and well into the night. But NO PROBLEM is too big for our Father, which art in Heaven (Hallowed be His Name). We may be rotting on the inside from cancerous lesions. We may lose control over our bowels, and we may develop a stench such that no one wants to be around us anymore. But whether it's that or a flat tire, it's all the same in the eyes of the LORD. And, Friend, JESUS can fix YOUR flat tire, too.

(REPEAT CHORUS, WITH GREAT FEELING)

Dana723 07-12-2019 02:15 AM

Re: Jesus Will Fix My Pa's Flat Tire: The Song

Beautiful! Why, I can see Carrie Underwood singing that song along with her other hit "Jesus Take the Wheel"! Can you imagine the unsaved that will come to Christ? :thumbsup:

mrgrtt123 07-12-2019 04:38 AM

Looking forward to hearing this music on the radio soon. :innocent:

Isabella White 07-12-2019 07:41 PM

Oh, my dear, blessed :lord-fancy: in Heaven! Oh, dear Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry, I will admit right here and now that your latest song has brought tears to my aged eyes, and it has touched my dear old heart so deeply. And I thank you, from the depth of my heart, for that!

You know, you really should get yourself off to a recording studio in Nashville and record this for a Gospel music broadcast. Just think of the waiting souls who are hungry to hear of such a wondrous testimony, and how they will be saved through the blessed :blood: of the crucified Lamb -- thanks to your message of hope and inspiration!

Now, I know you might be a bit shy about making your own record, so maybe you could forward it to these lovely singers in the video below, to add to their collection of Gospel hits? The :lord-fancy: :jesus-fancy: will bless you greatly!

A blessed day to you, beloved Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry,
Lovingly, Granny Isabella

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 07-12-2019 07:51 PM

Oh Larry dear, such a coincidence that this idea should have come to both of us! It just goes to show that when Jesus wants us to know His Divine Will, he is careful to tell more than one person (in case of human frailty or accidents).
I would dearly love to hear our own dear Roper Crossburn's rendition of your moving song. It's so sad that he's semi-retired from performing these days. I can only imagine the subtle ambiguity he would use when singing the line Sometimes my pa gets tested, in the context of driving. :thumbsup:

BrotherLarry 07-28-2019 04:08 PM

Dearest Sister Great Granny my Precious Isabella,

While I was moved by the glorious rendition of Somebody Touched Me, I wonder if these sultry vixens would be the best choice for my obvious talent to be unleashed. Their suggestive dancing and vivid dress might inspire some to lust.

Instead I sent it to Dolly Parton. She is a more modest woman who exudes Christian values. I am sure I will hear from her soon.

I love you so.

Isabella White 07-28-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1255661)
Dearest Sister Great Granny my Precious Isabella,

While I was moved by the glorious rendition of Somebody Touched Me, I wonder if these sultry vixens would be the best choice for my obvious talent to be unleashed. Their suggestive dancing and vivid dress might inspire some to lust.

Instead I sent it to Dolly Parton. She is a more modest woman who exudes Christian values. I am sure I will hear from her soon.

I love you so.

Why, thank you so very kindly for your sweet message, dear Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry. I hope you are well and enjoying a blessed day in the :lord-fancy:. No doubt you were very busy last night, leading many young men to their knees in prayer for the Kingdom's Glory.

Now, you know, I hadn't even considered that those ladies in that video might be inspiring some to lust. But now that you've mentioned it, yes, I can see how this is so. For example, notice the sideways positioning of the lady in the red skirt. It now seems to me that she is casting "come, hither" looks to her audience. Frankly, between you, me and the fencepost, it wouldn't surprise me if she has "tendencies".

As for dear Dolly singing your lovely song, that is such a good idea, as I've often enjoyed Dolly's gospel tunes. But, I do have a bit of hesitation here with her singing your Godly music, as I've read that she has become, as of late, very friendly with the "LGBT" crowd; you know -- those perverted homersexualists! Why, this article even declares, "Country music legend Dolly Parton who has long been an icon for the gay community – is calling out her fellow Christians who are intolerant of the LGBT community." With that in mind, I'm not so sure that she is the right one to be worthy of singing your blessed music. Here is the article, if you'd care to read about it:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/dolly-par...verybody#54776

But, do as you see fit; I'm sure the dear :lord-fancy: will give you the guidance that you need to fulfill :his: Glorious Plan.

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."

A blessed day to you, beloved Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry,
P.S. You wouldn't happen to know how to turn off the nigra music on the internet, would you? After I re-played that gospel music, this awful stuff just popped up and started playing. Can't we ban this sort of thing?

BrotherLarry 08-04-2019 10:37 PM

In Saturday's mail, I received the following personal letter from Dolly's publishing company:

Dear Submitter:

Miss Parton receives thousands of song submissions each year and cannot possibly personally respond to each one. While she appreciates those who take time to offer her the use of their intellectual property, she also feels it would be unfair to choose one song while denying another.

Know that Miss Parton has deep respect for fellow songwriters and wishes you much success as you strive to find a market for your song.

It's obvious that Dolly read it or the letter would have been much more generic. By saying she appreciates me and has respect for me, it just validates that my talent is not something to give up on. I believe I'll try Patsy Cline next.

Isabella White 08-05-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1256123)
In Saturday's mail, I received the following personal letter from Dolly's publishing company:

Dear Submitter:

Miss Parton receives thousands of song submissions each year and cannot possibly personally respond to each one. While she appreciates those who take time to offer her the use of their intellectual property, she also feels it would be unfair to choose one song while denying another.

Know that Miss Parton has deep respect for fellow songwriters and wishes you much success as you strive to find a market for your song.

It's obvious that Dolly read it or the letter would have been much more generic. By saying she appreciates me and has respect for me, it just validates that my talent is not something to give up on. I believe I'll try Patsy Cline next.

Oh, my. Dear, darling Great-Grandbaby Brother Larry, I do so hope that you are not too upset by this blatant rejection by Miss Dolly's representatives. One wonders if they actually submitted it to her for her own consideration, or if they just send off these letters of rejection randomly. Frankly, I can't think that it's really that much of a loss, though, and I shall explain why. We know that Miss Dolly is very friendly with that homersexualistic crowd, and she's made :hell-2:ywood movies. I know that she calls herself a "Christian", but I think that's just to appeal to the gospel-music crowd, hoping they will buy her records. So, I question her motives and sincerity with respect to truly serving the :lord-fancy:.

Anyway, don't give up, dear Brother Larry -- chin up, better days are ahead. There is bound to be someone who appreciates such gifted songwriting. Now, as for Patsy Cline, I must say that I have not heard of her in quite some time. It seems to me that my last recollection of her was from around 1963 when she was about to take an aeroplane trip somewhere. And, it's just too bad that dear Sister Norma Zimmer is no longer with us, although I do know that she is singing for :jesus-fancy: and the angels in Heaven, with her beautiful soprano voice. I'll try to think of some others who might be able to lend their talent to your song, but, in the meantime I will leave you with a lovely offering from Sister Norma, to serve as encouragement to you in this time of distress.

A blessed day to you, darling Brother Larry,