The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A man called me a polished turd. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116808)

BibleReader2231 08-31-2019 05:34 PM

A man called me a polished turd.

I was out shopping with my Pa and a man came up to me to tell me this. I asked my Pa why the man called me a polished turd. He proceeded to take the man out back (he never came out of the closet after that). What does that phrase actually mean? I can’t find “polished turd” anywhere in The Bible and it sounds very inappropriate.

Basilissa 08-31-2019 08:24 PM

Re: A man called me a polished turd.

If you are asking me to confirm if you are a polished turd, I cannot really answer. Not knowing you in person I don't know if you are shiny or not.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-31-2019 08:31 PM

I have never heard of anyone being called a polished turd. My husband says there is a crude expression which says "you can't polish a turd", which (a) is blindingly obvious and (b) indicates that calling someone a polished turd is just nonsense.

I think that perhaps someone needs to stop all this tedious attention-seeking, accept that she is probably un-polishable and get on with her life.

Mary Etheldreda 08-31-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1257358)
I have never heard of anyone being called a polished turd.

Mythbusters did an episode on just this thing, which just goes to show you scientists are all Sodomites obsessed with excretion from the rectum, and the rectum itself. So sad. Those boys need Christ.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 08-31-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1257360)
Mythbusters did an episode on just this thing, which just goes to show you scientists are all Sodomites obsessed with excretion from the rectum, and the rectum itself. So sad. Those boys need Christ.

Thank you, Sister Mary. Whoever Mythbusters are, and I have never heard of them (we lead a sheltered life here), they seem to have been sucked into today's obsession with proving the obvious. It is a tragedy that doing so feeds into their personal anal perversions.

BrotherLarry 09-01-2019 02:53 PM

My Poor Darling Sister Max,

How cruel that you've been insulted in this way. Let me explain. Suppose there is a hog shopping for groceries and all of a sudden that hog defecates all over your new patent leather shoes that Pa just bought from the Sears catalog ten years ago. The shoes could be cleaned, but under that shine is just a pair of shoes with microscopic pig defecation. It isn't truly clean.

That's you, kind of. I hope this helps and brings a blessing to your day. Rejoice in JESUS! He adores you!

BrotherLarry
Revelation 22:12

The Attention Seeker Jen 11-08-2019 07:53 PM

I think it's a reference to Polish sausage, in this case, comparing the tubular shape of the kabassa to a turd. Polish people also get a bad rep for being gassy and having an unpleasant demeanor. Being a quarter polish on my mother's side, I can attest this isn't true one bit.

Esther B. 11-10-2019 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Attention Seeker Jen (Post 1260029)
I think it's a reference to Polish sausage, in this case, comparing the tubular shape of the kabassa to a turd. Polish people also get a bad rep for being gassy and having an unpleasant demeanor. Being a quarter polish on my mother's side, I can attest this isn't true one bit.

As is the case with your posts on the forums here, you're wrong. I've heard a similar expression before and Brother Larry's explanation is on point with the expression's meaning. As to why anyone would use such a vulgar expression to describe Sister Maxine, I couldn't say.

BrotherLarry 11-10-2019 10:04 PM

Bless you, Esther. Surely God has given you a sweet sweet spirit.

C. S. Darrow, Esq. 11-14-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Attention Seeker Jen (Post 1260029)

Is there literally nothing that doesn't trigger gluttony in your mind? Even the subject of a turd stokes your lust for food. Young lady, pray to Jesus Christ with everything you've got to help you rein in your sinful cravings while the possibility of attracting a good, Christian man still exists and while you are still able to fulfill God's requirement that you give birth to more soldiers for Him. You need to be on your knees every night for Jesus so he can turn your cravings to the sustenance only He can give you. Let Jesus' love fill you as if He were your husband and maybe, just maybe, you can get yourself into a state where a healthy and functioning Christian man might be able to regard you as a worthy and fruitful wife. With Jesus inside you, anything is possible.

Ephesians 5: 22 Wiues, submit your selues vnto your own husbands, as vnto the Lord.