The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16536)

Mr. Seth Cochran 10-25-2008 12:02 AM

Re: What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The most pathetic dopehead (Post 255197)
King James version, New King James Version New International Version, New Century Version, just to name a few.

I prefer these names: The Bible that God wrote, the "blatantly-edited-by-atheists-with-their-own-agenda" Bible, the New Infidel Version, and the New Communist Version.

Minister Smith 10-26-2008 01:25 AM

She obviously should not marry her rapist because he doesnt love her enough to wait until she says yes to engage in sex.

Ammiel Habakuk 10-26-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister Smith (Post 255613)
She obviously should not marry her rapist because he doesnt love her enough to wait until she says yes to engage in sex.

Blah, blah, blah... where in the Bible does it say that one should wait for anything before engaging in sex with a virgin woman, that would make a fine Christian wife? As long as the girl's not married, it's all fair game, bless Christ Jesus. If you don't believe me ask the patriarcs of the Old Testament, or King David, you can find them in the Good Book, I recommend you get on reading it.

sinnersbedamned 10-30-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister Smith (Post 255613)

Sex is for reproductive purposes. And god says that a woman must reproduce. Its not like she has the option not to.

H. Montague Worthington 10-30-2008 03:17 PM

This happened to my neighbor, Randy. His daughter was brutally raped. But it wasn't his daughter's refusal to marry the rapist that was the problem, it was that Randy didn't want to divorce his wife.

Adam Smith 10-31-2008 06:22 PM

Should women even have the right to choose who to marry? I say no, just as they should not have any rights over when and who they procreate with. Did God make women weak and irrational so that they could make all the decisions?

SayvedByTheLord 11-01-2008 12:36 AM

Are you the economist ?

Buckminster Carlson 11-01-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean Poole (Post 251347)
Abou $190. So, that means that goth scum won't be able to get them. :thumbsup:They'll have spent all their money on crack and sacrificial cats.

God's provision and thought for our well-being amazes me sometimes. :innocent:

Just like the Chineses used to be with opium.

Adam Smith 11-02-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayvedByTheLord (Post 257894)
Are you the economist ?

Indeed I am, what of it, brother?

BibleBeliever 11-02-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean Poole (Post 251347)
Abou $190. So, that means that goth scum won't be able to get them. :thumbsup:They'll have spent all their money on crack and sacrificial cats.

God's provision and thought for our well-being amazes me sometimes. :innocent:

I don't think this is quite correct according to today's exchange rates. It's actually $13.51 today, though this can change on a daily basis.

http://www.google.com/search?q=50+shekels+in+USD

Ezekiel Bathfire 11-03-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleBeliever (Post 258479)
I don't think this is quite correct according to today's exchange rates. It's actually $13.51 today, though this can change on a daily basis.

http://www.google.com/search?q=50+shekels+in+USD

Sister Jean probably did the calculation and included inflation.

BibleBeliever 11-03-2008 12:14 AM

I don't think inflation should be included. The Bible does not say 50 shekels, adjusted for inflation. It says 50 shekels of silver. I also believe the rapist has to go to his bank and convert his dollars into shekels and then buy the equivalent amount of silver. I guess he could do a straight conversion from dollars to silver, but I'm not 100% confident on this one yet.

tehtroll 11-13-2008 09:01 AM

Is there like something wrong with you guys?
The piffleing kid was raped, god piffleing damn.
If I was raped I would sure as hell press charges.
That's against the piffleing law.

Talitha 11-13-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehcristianman (Post 262415)
Is there like something wrong with you guys?
The piffleing kid was raped, god piffleing damn.
If I was raped I would sure as hell press charges.
That's against the piffleing law.

Do your parents know you use this kind of language?
It's the kind of thing that causes problems in later life.

tehtroll 11-13-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talitha (Post 262418)
Do your parents know you use this kind of language?
It's the kind of thing that causes problems in later life.

My dad knows and I don't care about my mom cause she decided to live with her boyfriend that threatened to kill me(Cause I didn't do my homework one time)

Talitha 11-13-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehcristianman (Post 262421)
My dad knows and I don't care about my mom cause she decided to live with her boyfriend that threatened to kill me(Cause I didn't do my homework one time)

You know, The Bible teaches us to hate our parents so I guess you do have some Christian principles after all :thumbsup:
Are you old enough to own a Gun yet? I got lots :)

Pastor Ezekiel 11-13-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehcristianman (Post 262421)

How old are you little girl? Does your Godly father know you're in here listening for Jesus?

Pastor Al E Pistle 11-13-2008 11:25 AM

When the new President takes office, I'm afraid that the only recourse for a daughter refusing to marry her rapist is to collect the correct bride price and then try to foist her off on a dimwit. This tactic has been successful recently in Alaska.

Every time the little slut gets nailed, you show up at the boy's father's house with a few bloody sheets and demand the bride price again. I caught a wiccan once and made $122,000 on her, but she ran away when she turned sixteen.

Bummer 11-13-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Percy (Post 251682)
You make it sound like this girl is a 'rape-victim'. :thumbdown: Let's be clear here, the ONLY victim of rape is the man. He is the one who let this little temptress tease him into committing sin, and he is the one the courts victimize and throw into prison, when this girl was probably dressed as a whore and just asking to be raped. If girls didn't dress like prostitutes and sluts, poor men like this wouldnt fall into their trap. It's up to the girl to do the right thing, she obviously led this man on, and she should have to deal with the consequences. You play, you pay! :angry:

Well that's an easy way for a man to get anything he wants isn't it? I mean if the woman doesn't give herself to him, he forces himself on her, then she's a slut and it's her fault. And if she does give herself to him, she's a slut for doing that instead. Women are not temptresses, men just need to know they can't get anything they want, women has the right to say no just like a man. This man apparently could not accept a no from a girl who apparently did not want him. To jail with him!

Nobar King 11-14-2008 01:37 AM

We really get the special ones around here. Who did you have to rape to get her to marry you?