The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=16536)

hoagie13365 01-10-2010 07:27 PM

Re: What can you do if your daughter refuses to marry her rapist?

Mormons was a typo, I ment mormons.

Arrogant 1 01-10-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoagie13365 (Post 443962)
The logic behind this question is way beyond me. First off, she was raped. To see all of you mormons calling her a slut is insane. Women dont asked to be raped. And why is it the womans fault? Do you people even know the facts of this case before just assuming that she was scantily dressed? And then when this horrific event happend she ends up pregnant, the mother wants to know why she wont marry a rapist? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??? The mother should be brought up on charges. To even fathom the thought of your daughter marrying someone who has brought on harm and emotional scarring is just plain stupid and retarded. What in gods name is wrong with you people??? Lets have a hypothetical situation Brother Percy. Your mother is walking down the street minding her own buisness dressed in...oh lets say her sunday best. A man jumps out of a van and drags her in, violates her in every possible vile way, and after he has had his way with your mother, he leaves her for dead. She survives, and ends up pregnant. Now, was your mother asking for it dressing slutty in her Sunday best? Should she have this monster over to dinner to discuss marrage? Or should your whore mother burn in hell for all eternity for not marrying him? And Talithia, What if that scenario happend to you? Does that make you a slut and you should burn in hell? Would you have the baby of a man that brutally raped you so you could live everyday, married to a lunatic, raising his lunatic child and reliving that incident on a daily basis? You people are freakin unbelivable!!!!

They shouldn't dress provocatively then - they obviously want it. What normal man can refuse a woman like that? She's practically begging for it.

Jacob the Angry Liar 01-10-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

The logic behind this question is way beyond me. First off, she was raped. To see all of you mormons calling her a slut is insane. Women dont asked to be raped.

1. Yes, they do. Again, we are sure she was scantily dressed. As it has been said before, that girl was disobedient of her father and thus in league with the devil.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array (1 Timothy 2:9)

A girl in league with the devil would likely break this rule as well, as both being disobedient to her father and dressing scantily are contradictory to the teachings of the Holy Bible (1611KJV)

2. We are not Mormons, we are Baptists.

Quote:

And why is it the womans fault? Do you people even know the facts of this case before just assuming that she was scantily dressed? And then when this horrific event happend she ends up pregnant, the mother wants to know why she wont marry a rapist? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME???

It's the woman's fault because she was having sex outside of marriage.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

We're not kidding you.

Quote:

The mother should be brought up on charges. To even fathom the thought of your daughter marrying someone who has brought on harm and emotional scarring is just plain stupid and retarded. What in gods name is wrong with you people???

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. (Deuteronomy 5:7)

It's not "stupid" or "retarded". It says that's what you're supposed to do in the Bible. What more convincing do you need?

Quote:

Lets have a hypothetical situation Brother Percy. Your mother is walking down the street minding her own buisness dressed in...oh lets say her sunday best. A man jumps out of a van and drags her in, violates her in every possible vile way, and after he has had his way with your mother, he leaves her for dead. She survives, and ends up pregnant. Now, was your mother asking for it dressing slutty in her Sunday best? Should she have this monster over to dinner to discuss marrage? Or should your whore mother burn in hell for all eternity for not marrying him?

I'm not Brother Percy, but perhaps I can answer this. Brother Percy's mother is obviously married. In this case, the rapist SHALL die, in accordance with Deut. 22:25

But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die. (Deuteronomy 22:25)

Quote:

And Talithia, What if that scenario happend to you? Does that make you a slut and you should burn in hell? Would you have the baby of a man that brutally raped you so you could live everyday, married to a lunatic, raising his lunatic child and reliving that incident on a daily basis? You people are freakin unbelivable!!!!

I think Talitha is married (Correct me if I'm wrong) so the same applies as before.

SemperFi 01-10-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 443727)
But there aren't differing Gods, there is only 1 God and 1 Bible and thus only 1 correct way. To tolerate other ways would be to accept idolatry and that is an offense to God. Tolerance of blasphemy is a sin as well. If God doesn't forbid it, then it must surely be OK, right?

But please ask them why, according to their beliefs, it is fine to have sex with your dog. After all, this is only mentioned in the Old Testament on pages that they would love to tear out of the indivisible Bible. We might be of different views here, but do you honestly believe it is acceptable to have sex with your dog? Or with other men? Or make your parents and siblings naked? :fear2: Leviticus, Leviticus...

As I understand, Marine training is a little "rude" as well. Yet you learn skills that will save people's lives. Pastor Ezekiel is kind of God's Sergeant, I suppose. Do you tell your instructor "but sir, I don't want to do 20 push-ups, it is too hard"? Same with Pastor Ezekiel.

Do you really think God intended to Bible to be corrupted in lie-berals into a Kumbaya thing? And that dogs should be sodomized?

I'd have to ask you to quote scripture on that first paragraph. Tolerance is a difficult issue to address especially within the Bible; I am not speaking of tolerating other religions. I am speaking about toleration of other Christian beliefs - Catholic, Anglican, Protestant etc etc.

Now blasphemy is a sin; and certainly idle tolerance of blasphemy is a sin. Your example of a dog sodomist is... Bizarre. Lets take, for example, a non-Christian. Though he does not believe or follow the Word of God, is he likely to believe morally that bestiality is right? Statistically no. Nor are any good Christians. Same goes for the other two - homosexuality and incest are not common in any social structure. Though I understand you are intolerant of unbelievers and untrue Christians, they are also human and usually, statistically will have morals that prevent them from carrying out such acts. Simply because they are 'allowed' to do it does not mean they will - I do of course understand that some do, however this is the exception to the rule.

Pastor Ezekiel may indeed be God's Sergeant - however this is the difference between the army and faith. In the army you cannot answer back or the command structure will fail - however faith should always be open to discussion. Though this may not be your view, faith is simply made stronger when you question it - and it answers back. Those who do not question could be seen to simply hold fear over the strength of their faith.

luciferlover 01-10-2010 09:01 PM

GOD IS NOT AMUSED. ALL OF YOU SIN UPON THE PIXELS OF THE LORD WITH THIS BLASPHEMY. YOUR LIES AND FALSE COMPREHENSION OF THE GOSPEL BRINGS SHAME UPON THE HOLY BOOK. CRAWL OUT FROM THE CAVE FROM WHICH YOU REST, AND SEE THE WORLD. THOU CANNOT BE ACCEPTED INTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD UNTIL THEE HAS FELT THE WARMTH OF ANOTHER MAN. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. HB SOOwOOP

Arrogant 1 01-10-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciferlover (Post 444057)
THOU CANNOT BE ACCEPTED INTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD UNTIL THEE HAS FELT THE WARMTH OF ANOTHER MAN.

Ummm... Ugh? :thumbdown:

tmpscicoo 01-10-2010 10:01 PM

So you are telling me that you would be willing to give your daughter away to someone who violated her? What is wrong with you? Were you raised by animals?

tigepenala 01-10-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmpscicoo (Post 444157)
So you are telling me that you would be willing to give your daughter away to someone who violated her? What is wrong with you? Were you raised by animals?

No, we were raised and guided by the LORD through life, I'm fairly sure the scripture that proves you wrong is on the very FIRST page of this thread.

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 10:52 PM

Wow. You people are piffleing crazy. COMPLETELY piffleING CRAZY. Anyone and everyone who thinks a girl should marry her rapist is piffleing insane. A girl can dress any way she wants to but she NEVER deserves to be raped. I wish every last one of you gets raped someday. Then let's see you try to think up some bullshit piffleing excuse for why it happened

CraigMachine 01-10-2010 10:54 PM

^doomed

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

It's not "stupid" or "retarded". It says that's what you're supposed to do in the Bible. What more convincing do you need?
The bible is just a book. It was written by humans, just like every other book on the face of the earth; just like EVERYTHING ever written before. It doesn't deserve any special attention anymore than any other books do.

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 11:02 PM

Wow...just wow. I can't believe I got flagged for my posts. You people really aren't open-minded at ALL, are you?

Talitha 01-10-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheismPwnz (Post 444227)
Wow...just wow. I can't believe I got flagged for my posts. You people really aren't open-minded at ALL, are you?

We are open minded towards Jesus :jesus:

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talitha (Post 444231)
We are open minded towards Jesus :jesus:

So, in short, you're not open-minded at all are you?

Talitha 01-10-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheismPwnz (Post 444239)
So, in short, you're not open-minded at all are you?

Oh really?
I've put up with you for your last 5 Posts, what more do you want?

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talitha (Post 444241)
Oh really?
I've put up with you for your last 5 Posts, what more do you want?

Just because you "put up with me" doesn't mean you're open minded. Being open minded involves taking others' views into consideration or *listening* to what they have to say. NOT ignoring them because they don't agree with you.

Talitha 01-10-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheismPwnz (Post 444252)
Just because you "put up with me" doesn't mean you're open minded. Being open minded involves taking others' views into consideration or *listening* to what they have to say. NOT ignoring them because they don't agree with you.

So, why don't you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
Is it not you who is closed minded?

My belief is not up for debate.

Free_Thinker 01-10-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother_Percy (Post 251209)
Friends,

I recently received a letter from a concerned parent. In the letter she told me that her daughter had been raped, but was refusing to marry her rapist as per Deuteronomy 22:28-29. The stupid girl actually wants to press charges on the man! :angry:

Not only that, but that she also plans to kill the poor unborn baby her rapist had given her! Sickening! Have young people today got NO morals? :thumbdown:

Any and all advice on what I can say to convince this girl to do the right thing would be great. Should I start with the basics ?

"Whore, you'll burn in Hell for all eternity - unless you marry your rapist"??

Or should I go for a more subtle approach??

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (King James Version)

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

:sarcasm:
Im sorry but this whole post sounds like sarcasm. She is ACTUALLY pressing charges against a man who RAPED her unlawfully and caused psychological damage that will stay with her for years? NO WAI?!?

janah.the.elven.ninja.pirate 01-10-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talitha (Post 444260)
So, why don't you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
Is it not you who is closed minded?

My belief is not up for debate.

I don't because jesus was just a person a long time ago. Yes, it's a part of history. He didn't have any "magic powers" and he had no impact on my life today, thousands of years later. So no, I'm not closed minded. And I never told you your belief should change...I'm saying I believe it's wrong, just as you're basically saying my belief is wrong

Talitha 01-10-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheismPwnz (Post 444285)
I don't because jesus was just a person a long time ago. Yes, it's a part of history. He didn't have any "magic powers" and he had no impact on my life today, thousands of years later. So no, I'm not closed minded. And I never told you your belief should change...I'm saying I believe it's wrong, just as you're basically saying my belief is wrong

Where in The Bible does it say what you claim?