The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sister Sarah Palin's replacement? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=26266)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 07-26-2009 02:36 PM

Sister Sarah Palin's replacement?

I have seen firsthand how Sister Sarah Palin's resignation has worried the pretty heads of our ladies. It is saddening to see a pretty brow being furrowed, but that sort of thing happens when women's thoughts go dabbling in the confusing, masculine reality of politics.

One common comment I hear from our members of the female species is "Who will take her place?" Ladies, worry no more:

She supports the Bush Administration, slams the East Coast, and applies Sarah's "drill baby drill" logic to agriculture and industry.

All she has to do is practise her winks for an hour each day, and she'll be ready for prime time. :)

Nobar King 07-26-2009 05:37 PM

Re: Sister Sarah Palin's replacement?

Seems suitable to me. Except for the organic gardening bit. I don't want any chiggers in my lettuce or weevils in my corn.

Ezekiel Bathfire 07-26-2009 06:01 PM

Is that right? There are slaves for sale on the East Coast? It makes sense; it's nearest Africa.

I don't know how I missed this news.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 07-26-2009 06:59 PM

I note Nancy Reagan still lives . . .

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 07-26-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 368316)
Seems suitable to me. Except for the organic gardening bit.

Actually, she was saying that we need to invent a kind of organic food that has pesticides in it. A sensible compromise, if you ask me.

Nobar King 07-27-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 368336)
Actually, she was saying that we need to invent a kind of organic food that has pesticides in it. A sensible compromise, if you ask me.

Honestly, I couldn't tell what she was saying. As soon as she started going on about 'organics' I started to tune her out.

JennyD 07-28-2009 02:28 AM

How is Sarah Palin a replacement for Sarah Palin? :huh:

I don't understand.

Were you referring to the gentleman on the City Council? I didn't hear anyone else talking. Maybe that little girl behind Sarah, in the audience?

Professor Bessemer 07-28-2009 07:05 AM

Early on in her very succinct and well thought out speech, this right thinking Christian almost perfectly encapsulated the goals of one of our latest Scientheistic programs. That is, we wish to create, with the Lord's invaluable assistance, a pesticide/herbicide that is poisonous to only the bad things (weeds, pests, illegal aliens) and is actually beneficial to good things (True Christians™, cash crops, low-wage documented immigrant laborers).

It is refreshing when the Information Super Highways brings us a piece of good news for a change. The opinions of this lady from Santa Cruz have restored my faith in these mostly Godless internets! Praise!

James Hutchins 07-29-2009 12:48 PM

I heard her parents were there, weeping with joy at their precocious daughters foray into politics. The insight the young lady provides is astounding. If I were only 10% as aware and 5% as intelligent.

Meek and Humble 07-31-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 369180)
Early on in her very succinct and well thought out speech, this right thinking Christian almost perfectly encapsulated the goals of one of our latest Scientheistic programs. That is, we wish to create, with the Lord's invaluable assistance, a pesticide/herbicide that is poisonous to only the bad things (weeds, pests, illegal aliens) and is actually beneficial to good things (True Christians™, cash crops, low-wage documented immigrant laborers).

It is refreshing when the Information Super Highways brings us a piece of good news for a change. The opinions of this lady from Santa Cruz have restored my faith in these mostly Godless internets! Praise!

Yes, I'm sure if we enact her West-coast pro-union policies, we'll be able to save the vegetable trees and keep them preserved forever in freezers.

JennyD 08-01-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heathen_Basher (Post 372438)
Yes, I'm sure if we enact her West-coast pro-union policies, we'll be able to save the vegetable trees and keep them preserved forever in freezers.

And at least the land -- the NEW land, that is -- is free, and so is the food, because it doesn't cost anything.

That's what makes it a REAL bargain.

Meek and Humble 08-01-2009 04:29 AM

But why should we have to pay for NEW land???