The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Newfangled STUFF I Don't Like (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=9045)

Pfc. James Nye 02-27-2008 08:37 AM

Newfangled STUFF I Don't Like

Talking Negros.

Teevee.

Red Injun Gold Dollars.

Ads for Lady Products.

Why is everything in Spanish.

no operator for the phones, no matter how loud I yell

Japanese hugging robots.

Cars from Space

That box heating my food up somehow

de-odorant

no fibber mcgee on radio

cowboy jeans on women

men spraying stuff on themselves

Irish food not clearly marked

SUV 02-27-2008 03:12 PM

Re: Newfangled STUFF I Don't Like

Oh, don't even get me started, Pfc James :wub::wub::wub:

I'd like to GO OFF when I see vehicles driving with headlamps on in bright sunshine ruining God's Own Beautiful Scenery! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

PS Bet they didn't have this back in your day!

Did they have electricity yet? :D

Pastor Isaac Peters 02-27-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pfc. James Nye (Post 151828)
Why is everything in Spanish.

I don't like it either. It's yet another example of the liberal plot to give special privileges to people who aren't like us. If God's own language is good enough for the King James Bible, then it's more than good enough for the Messy-can'ts, El-Salivadoreans, and other people who think they have the right to hablar español wherever they go. In a truly free-market economy, companies wouldn't be allowed to pander to people like that.

The Adversary 02-27-2008 06:56 PM

Cell phones.
iPhones.
Blackberries.
All the self-important bastards that utilize the above.

Cars with higher and brighter headlights that hit me in the eyes.

Political correctness that has people calling people in the U.S. for generations "African Americans" even if their forebears came from the Indies or wherever.

Drinks that proudly advertise 10% juice (under-achieving mother-#%&*@s).

The proven ability to make millions of dollars by promoting a cult such as Scientology, PETA, Church of Latter-Day Saints, chain of death hospitals in India, etc. which just shows what a failure at being human I am for not being rich and evil.

The misuse of George Orwell's warnings by the establishment to wage Perpetual War, and indeed the clever utilization of all previously real dystopian techniques. Holy Backfire!

I could go on. I have a lot of hate in me. I try to balance this out with all the funny things I love. Sometimes I love and hate things at the same time.

Nobar King 02-27-2008 07:22 PM

Beep Beep Beep!!

Justina Thyme 02-27-2008 07:31 PM

Heathen trolls and flamers
Homers who come in here and flaunt their homerisms
Lezbeean feminazis
Metal musicians like John Mayer
Emo bands like Fiddy Cent
Hitlery Clitton
Barrack Obamarama

SUV 02-27-2008 07:39 PM

Here's something recent, and I Hope JESUS has plans to Smite on these sinners 'til they drop:

Everything is just so slangy today (even including the Government) that it is unreal. And all fake-friendly, like the Telephone Robots that ring you up. Or mailings that call you by your Christian Name like 5 different times as if they are your best Friend. And all over themselves to outdo each other with exclamations now. This is True™ : The Beef Jerky I just bought doesn't say "Soft and Tender" or even "Soft and Tender!" It says "Soft! and Tender!" Reediculous :glare: And don't get me going on Nutrition Grids and barcodes that could as easily be on the bottom instead of uglying everything up, Book-s, lotions - it's everywhere!

Oh, I could go on and on with the obscenity, but I need to leave room for you Mens to give your opinions which are, of course, the only important ones :)

ForGodsSake 02-27-2008 07:49 PM

I hate waiting on the phone. You ring places up and all you get is "You have been placed in a line, your call is important to us". You can be sitting there on the phone for hours on end. I mean why cant these companies hire people just to answer the damn phone. Like we have better things to do than holding the phone all day. I could be out there finding Heretics and heathens and telling them to find GOD or burn in hell.

Nobar King 02-27-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 152015)
And all fake-friendly, like Robots.

Years ago Safeway mandated obligatory "Hello, can I help you?" statements by all employees, because they wanted to seem friendlier. Now I just avoid eye contact with their employees, in order to avoid their false greetings. And how am I supposed to respond?? If they really wanted their employees to be friendlier, they could walk around handing out dollar bills. I'd be nicer then.

Marshall 02-27-2008 11:49 PM

I don't like front wheel drive cars. Seems gay to have the rear of the car being dragged all over the place.

ForGodsSake 02-28-2008 05:23 AM

Green Peas. Why are they on the dinner plate, what are they there for, their no exactly a filling element of the food chain. All their good for is rolling around so you cannot get them, they fall all over the place.

Sister Noddy 02-28-2008 06:46 AM

I hate products that come wrapped in that stiff plastic bubble packaging!

My son-in-law always has to cut them open them for me in the garage with a chainsaw so I don't break my nails! :giveup:

ForGodsSake 02-28-2008 06:58 AM

Bottles with those twist top lids that don't. i mean with most of them you have to hire a tool that can crush metal just to open them.

SUV 02-28-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForGodsSake (Post 152241)
....All their good for is rolling around so you cannot get them, they fall all over the place.

Sounds also like messicant "Food"

It is my contention that this is why those "folks" are always so peppy; it's bound to make one nervous when the Food filling keeps sliding out the other side of the taco/burro/enchinoma no matter how big of bites one takes - especially when it's greased with sour cream and/or pickonme sauce and/or Cheese. Eeeee-YUCK!!!!

Seeker 02-29-2008 05:27 AM

Every time I use the ATM machine or swipe my debit card, it says press one for English or press two for Espanol.:angry:

Don't they know English was declared the language in America!

Nobar King 02-29-2008 05:33 AM

Rolfing.

It doesn't have anything to do with muppets or werewolves.

ForGodsSake 02-29-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 152748)
Every time I use the ATM machine or swipe my debit card, it says press one for English or press two for Espanol.:angry:

Don't they know English was declared the language in America!

Oh it must be bad there, with those spanicks. it ain't like that here, but it should be. Our ATMs should have the choice English or Chinese/Japs/Indians/Pakistanis/Abo's/everything else :angry:

Seeker 02-29-2008 06:41 AM

You run to the grocery store for a few items and use the checkout express lane. 12 items or less and always there is some jerk ahead of you with 13 items.:angry:

Seeker 02-29-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForGodsSake (Post 152258)
Bottles with those twist top lids that don't. i mean with most of them you have to hire a tool that can crush metal just to open them.

Oh, you mean like Coors beer bottles?

ForGodsSake 02-29-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 152772)
Oh, you mean like Coors beer bottles?

Yep they will do as well.

I hate it when you do manage to get a bottle open and you find out of all the bottles you pick, it is the one that some forsaken knob has shaken up