The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   WEDDING BELLS! - Christian Wedding Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hitting Women is Neccessary (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=99321)

elsa333 07-08-2014 04:22 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1094296)
I just checked all of the Bibles in my house...not a single one has an expiration date.

:praise:

Wow, that's so cool! All my Harry Potter books don't have an expiration date either!

elsa333 07-08-2014 04:31 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1090301)
Perhaps you are more offensive looking than you realize. Was he very drunk when you exchanged your wedding vows?

:huh:

You're profile picture is extremely offensive looking. I hope you don't really look like that. That face would frighten small children. And many adults, I'm sure.

Zechariah Smyth 07-08-2014 04:57 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099372)
You're profile picture is extremely offensive looking. I hope you don't really look like that. That face would frighten small children. And many adults, I'm sure.

:thumbdown:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Jedediah 07-08-2014 05:09 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099372)
You're profile picture is extremely offensive looking. I hope you don't really look like that. That face would frighten small children. And many adults, I'm sure.

It sounds as if someone is jealous of Mrs. Etheldreda's matronly good looks. I suppose such slander from the unsaved is to be expected in these end times.

I John 3:13
Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

elsa333 07-08-2014 05:15 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 1099386)
It sounds as if someone is jealous of Mrs. Etheldreda's matronly good looks. I suppose such slander from the unsaved is to be expected in these end times.

I John 3:13
Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Trust me, I am most certainly not jealous.

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 05:23 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099391)
Trust me, I am most certainly not jealous.

Trust you?

Why?

elsa333 07-08-2014 05:33 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Good point. Maybe you shouldn't trust me. I am unsaved trash after all. You don't know me, so I wouldn't expect you to trust me. But I do have a good understanding of my emotions and I see no reason to lie when I say I'm not jealous. If I was I would have said something like: "Man I wish I looked like her."

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 05:50 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099397)
...I wouldn't expect you to trust me. But I do have a good understanding of my emotions and I see no reason to lie...

And they'd need to trust you to trust you when you say that.

So why say anything?

elsa333 07-08-2014 05:53 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1099401)
And they'd need to trust you to trust you when you say that.

So why say anything?

Why say anything? Because I can. As for your argument, it's an endless cycle, so there's no point carrying on further. Either trust me or don't.

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 06:07 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099402)
Why say anything? Because I can...

Yeah, just see how much longer that lasts while you prance around spewing your misunderstandings of what the Bible says. :thumbdown:

elsa333 07-08-2014 06:13 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1099409)
Yeah, just see how much longer that lasts while you prance around spewing your misunderstandings of what the Bible says. :thumbdown:

I could say the same about you, too! We're so alike!

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 06:22 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099414)
I could say the same about you, too! We're so alike!

Me: four years, almost 8000 posts, not disagreeing with what the Bible says Jesus and God want, looking at a long future here at Landover correcting people's misunderstandings of Scripture...

You: not quite ONE FULL DAY, 17 vacuous posts, don't understand what half the words in the Bible mean (and keeping head firmly lodged in rectum when someone attempts to correct you)...

How are we "alike"? :unsure:

elsa333 07-08-2014 06:32 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1099419)
Me: four years, almost 8000 posts, not disagreeing with what the Bible says Jesus and God want, looking at a long future here at Landover correcting people's misunderstandings of Scripture...

You: not quite ONE FULL DAY, 17 vacuous posts, don't understand what half the words in the Bible mean (and keeping head firmly lodged in rectum when someone attempts to correct you)...

How are we "alike"? :unsure:

Obviously in more ways than you can imagine, my friend. And how on earth did you know my head was lodged in my anus? I am a contortionist, you know.

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 06:39 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099426)
Obviously in more ways than you can imagine, my friend...

There's only one thing that matters here: what the Bible says in plain English.

If you want your stay here to last, go read it for yourself so you know what it says. You've obviously been listening to a lot of people tell you what's in there, and that's a bad idea, because people like that always have agendas.

Zechariah Smyth 07-08-2014 06:41 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Aw look, the Jesus-haters are having a conniption fit!

:gay-fight:

elsa333 07-08-2014 06:49 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1099429)
There's only one thing that matters here: what the Bible says in plain English.

If you want your stay here to last, go read it for yourself so you know what it says. You've obviously been listening to a lot of people tell you what's in there, and that's a bad idea, because people like that always have agendas.

You're right. I've been listening to what YOU and others on this forum have to say about what's in the Bible. But I don't care. I've already told you I DO read it for myself. Why is your memory so terrible?

Basilissa 07-08-2014 06:57 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099435)
You're right. I've been listening to what YOU and others on this forum have to say about what's in the Bible. But I don't care. I've already told you I DO read it for myself. Why is your memory so terrible?

It's not necessarily that he doesn't remember what you claim, it's just that the content of your messages suggests that you haven't actually read the whole Bible, just memorized a few passages which fit what you think religion should be.

Unfortunately for you, the Holy Bible is not like a basket of sweets on Halloween, from which you pick just your favorite, but a complete set - you have to accept it all, or it doesn't count.

Didymus Much 07-08-2014 06:59 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099435)
...But I don't care...

Then why are you still here?

Quote:

...I've already told you I DO read it for myself. Why is your memory so terrible?
I've already demonstrated that no one here has reason to believe anything you say. Why is your memory so terrible?

elsa333 07-08-2014 07:12 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1099441)
It's not necessarily that he doesn't remember what you claim, it's just that the content of your messages suggests that you haven't actually read the whole Bible, just memorized a few passages which fit what you think religion should be.

Unfortunately for you, the Holy Bible is not like a basket of sweets on Halloween, from which you pick just your favorite, but a complete set - you have to accept it all, or it doesn't count.


I completely agree with your last statement. But I don't really think it's unfortunate. I agree with some parts of the Bible. I disagree with others. But I don't believe the Bible is the word of God. I consider it fiction.

Basilissa 07-08-2014 07:21 PM

Re: Hitting Women is Neccessary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa333 (Post 1099451)
I completely agree with your last statement. But I don't really think it's unfortunate. I agree with some parts of the Bible. I disagree with others. But I don't believe the Bible is the word of God. I consider it fiction.

My last statement was, that you either agree with the entire Bible, or reject it as a whole.

You say you agree with me, and yet you say you agree with some parts of the Bible and disagree with others...? Don't you see a contradiction in what you are saying?

Besides, in order to agree/disagree with the Bible you would have to actually have read it. Which I don't think you did.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved