The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Greetings (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=32022)

GeorgeWilson 11-29-2009 09:30 AM

Greetings

Hello everyone, I come here seeking advice. I am a good Christian fellow, I have always followed Christ through my local Baptist Church and have never questioned scriptures before in my life. I go to church every Sunday and praise Jesus as often as I can. You see, the problem is recently my wife and I were cursed with a retard child, and I don't think I have it in me to stone him. I hope you good Christian people will advise me on what Jesus would want me to do in this situation. -George

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 11-29-2009 09:41 AM

Re: Greetings

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWilson (Post 425464)
the problem is recently my wife and I were cursed with a retard child, and I don't think I have it in me to stone him.

Hello, and welcome to our True Christian forum. :)

In order to answer your quesion, we need to know some more details: what exactlly is the nature of your son's rebellion? Mere blemishes are not a stoning offense, simply keep him from approaching the altar at church.:

"Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;... Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries." -- Leviticus 21:17-23

Also, make sure that secular law allows it. Do you live in Gambia? If not, a non-lethal stoning will have to suffice. Romans 13:1-7 : 1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers...the powers that be are ordained of God

Don't worry, you don't have to cast the first stone youself. That's what your community elders are for. :)

Deut. 21:18-21: If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear

I will return shortly with scripture.

GeorgeWilson 11-29-2009 09:50 AM

I do not live in Gambia. My son was born with down syndrome, how severe must be the stoning?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 11-29-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWilson (Post 425466)
I do not live in Gambia. My son was born with down syndrome, how severe must be the stoning?

As close to death as the laws of your juristicion allow. But what is the exact nature of his rebellion? Does he "not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them"?

And when you chastized him, was it Biblical, ie with a rod?

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. -- Proverbs 13:24

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. -- Proverbs 22:15

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. -- Proverbs 23:13-14

GeorgeWilson 11-29-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 425467)
As close to death as the laws of your juristicion allow. But what is the exact nature of his rebellion? Does he "not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them"?

And when you chastized him, was it Biblical, ie with a rod?

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. -- Proverbs 13:24

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. -- Proverbs 22:15

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. -- Proverbs 23:13-14

Yes, he doesn't do what my wife and I ask of him, but the problem is that I don't think he understands because of his mental disability. We do chastize him with a rod.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 11-29-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWilson (Post 425468)
Yes, he doesn't do what my wife and I ask of him, but the problem is that I don't think he understands because of his mental disability. We do chastize him with a rod.

It will require a more detailed examination to determine exactly how blemished and profane your son is, how clear your commands, rebuking and chastisement is, and the exact legeslation related to it (there's usually a loophole).

A meeting with a pastor is in order. Visa, Mastercard, or American Express?

Pastor Ezekiel 11-29-2009 10:10 AM

Friend, what church do you attend? What does your local pastor have to say about this?

Talitha 11-29-2009 11:14 AM

A retarded Child?
I expect It's merely possessed by a Demon or two.
Prayer is brilliant for sorting out this kind of problem, along with the odd Ministering by a fully qualified Pastor.
You obviously upset Jesus in some way before the child was born, but I'm sure you will be forgiven if you Repent now.

God Bless.

releaseme 11-29-2009 02:11 PM

Hello and welcome.

Talitha 11-29-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by releaseme (Post 425503)
Hello and welcome.

Too late I'm afraid.
It turned out he was nothing more than a God-Mocking Troll here to persecute us and our Holy Boards :(

James Hutchins 11-29-2009 10:15 PM

I bet he hated Dennis and Ruff.