The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A new discovery (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117092)

Vengeance Puriel 12-01-2019 09:32 PM

A new discovery

Well I know why there’s so much evil in the world, God is very angry.Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-01-2019 10:08 PM

Re: A new discovery

A basic point, if I may say so.

God is angry, as He always is, when His children turn from him, worship other gods, and generally sin.

The solutions is simple and practical: the entire world becomes True Christians™.

Obviously, God could make us all believe, but that is not what He wants to have to do. Having taken the time to give us freedom of choice, He wants us to use it wisely, and therefore does not want to compel us to do anything. After all, "A man whose mind is changed against his will, is of that opinion still" (I like to think that Jesus said that.)

Emily Brent 12-01-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance Puriel (Post 1261450)
Well I know why there’s so much evil in the world, God is very angry.Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.

When you get to be as old as me, you come to learn that nothing is new under the sun. Why this universal truth is older than Jericho, and that's not saying a whole lot.

Basilissa 12-02-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vengeance Puriel (Post 1261450)

That is a very good verse indeed. Yes, God is the One Who brings all evil to the world. A powerful hurricane is churned up by God. A strong earthquake is God moving the foundations of the earth (2 Samuel 22:8). A small child dies with leukemia, God created that cancer in her blood.

Vengeance Puriel 05-03-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1261461)
That is a very good verse indeed. Yes, God is the One Who brings all evil to the world. A powerful hurricane is churned up by God. A strong earthquake is God moving the foundations of the earth (2 Samuel 22:8). A small child dies with leukemia, God created that cancer in her blood.

Sadly a lot of people are showing how evil they are during this time.