The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thermopylae and the movie 300; allegory for our times. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2495)

Bobby-Joe 03-09-2007 04:30 PM

Thermopylae and the movie 300; allegory for our times.

Finally Hellywood may have gotten it right with the movie 300 based on the battle of Thermopylae. In the Movie the Spartan king leads his 300 against a million man Persian army. They are successful until betrayed.

The parallels are clear here

King Leonidas = GW Bush
300 Spartians = The US Marines
Emperor Xexes = Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Persian Army = Iranian Army
Ephialtes = Nacy Pelosi

Just like at Thermopylae the Iranians are marching to destroy the liberty of the West. A like King Leonidas GW Bush is making a stand for authentic Mel Gibson in Braveheart style FREEDOM™, leading his army from the front ranks. It is only Bush and his thin line of brave men who stand between America and godless oppression, for the like their ancestors the Iranians seek to oppose their evil religion on us. Even more like King Leonidas at Thermoplylae the Democrats in congress are seeking to play the part of the Greek traitor Ephialtes and lead the Iranians around GW Bush’s position so the Iranians may attack Bush from the rear.

Brethren, the message is clear. GW Bush will die, heroically fighting to the last man, but die he will, unless we TRUE Christians™ help him and ferrite out the later day Ephialtes and stop them before they can betray Bush. Remember what happened to King Leonidas after he was killed, the Persians crucified his body. Do not let Bush be crucified by the Democrats!

Alaric Reinner 03-23-2007 07:18 PM

Re: Thermopylae and the movie 300; allegory for our times.

My god I didn't think it was possible but apperntly you people are ad dumb as the people of Iran. the move has no sybolism its jut a violent movie about the spartian story where 300 s0partians beat thousands of Persains.

Talitha 03-23-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaric Reinner (Post 51880)
My god I didn't think it was possible but apperntly you people are ad dumb as the people of Iran. the move has no sybolism its jut a violent movie about the spartian story where 300 s0partians beat thousands of Persains.

Can you please Re-type that in American English for me? It makes about as much sense as the rest of the Drivel you've been coming out with.
Get with Jesus or GET OUT!!

Brother Temperance 03-23-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaric Reinner (Post 51880)

The rest of the world disagrees with you, my illiterate friend.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberal-biased but otherwise fairly accurate review
But it became apparent to me early on that in light of current affairs—namely a pending conflict with Iran—that this movie is propaganda.
Spartans, defenders of freedom. All white, perfect bodies, honorable. Spent plenty of time in a gym building perfect physiques. Not a fag in the bunch. Persian hordes are out to overrun the world. They’re all dark skinned liars, out to ruin the world with perverse behavior, sensuality. They have overwhelming numbers, evil beasts and contraptions. Worship false gods. They offer bribes to the king of Sparta. All he has to do is kneel to the Persian king. Accept Persian rule.
The Spartan king marches to war with a band of 300.
The congressmen of Sparta (can you say Democrats) are subverting the noble cause. One rapes the noble king’s wife while he’s off saving the world, etc...
A well-made cartoon/recruitment film.

Even the liberals agree that Hellywood has finally made a triumphantly inspirational Christian film. You are alone with your head in the sand.

OnYourKnees 03-23-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 51900)

Even the liberals agree that Hellywood has finally made a triumphantly inspirational Christian film. You are alone with your head in the sand.

I don't believe that's sand.

Bobby-Joe 03-23-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 51900)

The use of a hunchback dwarf is the give away they mean Pelosi.

Remember Brethren; Bush and our brave but small military are fighting for our values even as we speak! Only they stand between the Christian west and the vast Mudslime hordes driven mad by their lust for blonde haired women. We TRUE Christians must join the War on Terror® and fight the Demoncrats in Congress before they betray Bush and his small band of warriors. Right now the Demoncracts are trying to cut funding for the Iraq war to force a withdraw. A withdraw would leave us open to attack! It would mean babies being killed in the streets of America by Jihadist suicide bombers.

The traitor Pelosi has already shown the Persains the path around Bush; American’s foolish compassion. This a well trodden path that allowed evil doers like liberals, Darwinists and Catholics to flourish in their country. Now a mindless, and foul smelling horde of Persians are going to poor threw it unless we stop the Demoncrat betrayal.

It is the Demoncrats who are stopping more troops from being sent to Iraq to fight the Iranians.

Peter 03-24-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnYourKnees (Post 51935)
I don't believe that's sand.

What is it then?