The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Interpretation and Guidance Needed From Our Brothers (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117660)

handmaiden 06-05-2020 03:48 PM

Interpretation and Guidance Needed From Our Brothers

This morning, as I was enjoying my breakfast, a piece of my strawberry Pop Tart fell to the plate, filling side up. I gazed in wonder as I realized that the piece of tart was in the shape of the continent of Australia.

Now, there is no question that The Lord is trying to tell me something. What I need help in discerning is what that is.

Does Jesus want me to go to Australia? Does He want me to pray for Australia? Does He want me to invest in Australia?

Or perhaps, there is no action required from me at all other than to witness this manifestation of His Presence in our lives in everyday moments. It did occur to me that the fact that the "continent" was covered in a red goo layer may me that He is announcing some horrible, bloody fate to befall that particular landmass.

Now, I know that there are people out there-- lost souls with no real appreciation for Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy Word, the Bible--who will mock me for believing that God, in all His Infinite Glory, would bother to communicate with a mere mortal woman through a common breakfast food. I can understand the cynicism to a degree. But with God, nothing is impossible. And it is not as if I saw the face of Mary in a piece of toast.

Now, that would be ridiculous.

Any insight or instructions from one of our learned Brothers in Christ would be appreciated.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-05-2020 08:22 PM

Re: Interpretation and Guidance Needed From Our Brothers

Sister Handy, I wonder if this is the best sub-forum to use when asking for help from our Brethren in Christ? I know that very many of the Gentlemen of Landover tend to avoid Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack, for fear of being bored senseless by our triviality.
Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1269302)
This morning, as I was enjoying my breakfast, a piece of my strawberry Pop Tart fell to the plate, filling side up.

I am sorry, but I have no idea what a "strawberry Pop Tart" is. I did look it up on the Internets, but it seems to be some sort of foodstuff that is so far beyond my personal experience that I am none the wiser.

I would not recommend getting involved with Austria, though. The accent is incomprehensible.

handmaiden 06-05-2020 08:55 PM

You are wise in this manner as in so many others, Sister.

I know that many of our concerns are trivial compared to the great work of our Brothers in representing the authority of Jesus on Earth. Still, I thought that perhaps one of them might take notice of my post, since I know that they do check in on this sub-forum from time to time to keep an eye on us.

I didn't dare post this on the Men's forum, after all!

And if The Lord is warning me off any encounters with Australia by showing me an image of that place covered in strawberry-for-blood, then I am happy to obey.

Isabella White 06-05-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1269306)
You are wise in this manner as in so many others, Sister.

I didn't dare post this on the Men's forum, after all!

Oh, but I think that if you had posted in that forum, dear Sister Handmaiden, you would have had a response almost immediately. Well, maybe it would not have been necessarily the answer that you seek, but at least, our lovely menfolk would have been quick to notice and to rebuke respond.

Now, as for your incident with your Pop Tart, if I may say: if I were you, I would pay no attention to the lost souls, the naysayers, those who would discourage you from finding the Will of Almighty :god-fancy: through your morning morsels. As you have said, so wisely, "with :god-fancy:, all things are possible." But, do not be surprised if the devil speaks through distressing, diabolical distractions. Satan will use anything to discourage and to hinder the furtherance of your ambitious desire to serve the :lord-fancy: and :savior-fancy:, :jesus-fancy: :christ-fancy:. Why, it's just common knowledge that he has tried this with other women, too, as they attempted to enjoy their breakfast and to plan their devotional time for :him-fancy:, as you shall see here: