The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What if god doesn't exist ? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=53459)

Ateist 11-05-2010 11:25 AM

What if god doesn't exist ?

We have proof that Jesus have been existing but how do you know, scientific that god have ever existed ?

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-05-2010 11:38 AM

Re: What if god doesn't exist ?

It says pretty clearly in the Bible that He does.

MitzaLizalor 11-05-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ateist
We have proof that Jesus have been existing but how do you know, scientific that god have ever existed ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Isaac Peters
It says pretty clearly in the Bible that He does.

@Ateist THAT'S THE SAME BIBLE THAT SAYS JESUS EXISTED, BY THE WAY..

Levi Jones 11-05-2010 11:52 AM

I liked your thread title.

If He doesn't exist then, there's no sweat off my back. If He does exist, you are going to fry for all eternity!

James Hutchins 11-05-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ateist (Post 630731)

Ever look in the mirror? The scientific fact that you can see your reflection is proof.:innocent:Ever had a cut, then it gets infected and gets green, all kinds of puss ooze out then one day it heals and you are better?
The Devil did the infecting, God did the healing.:innocent:

landoverlover 11-05-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ateist (Post 630731)

How do we know God exists? I don't understand the question. Of course God exists. The question doesn't make any sense.

Ateist 11-05-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 630747)
I liked your thread title.

If He doesn't exist then, there's no sweat off my back. If He does exist, you are going to fry for all eternity!

Rather piffle alot of free, social, good, smiling people in hell than being a boring christian.

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-05-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ateist (Post 631032)
Rather piffle alot of free, social, good, smiling people in hell than being a boring christian.

Keep telling yourself that as you bob up and down in the lake of fire for eternity.

You —> :sinner: :haha: <— us

Rev. M. Rodimer 11-05-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

It's a shame, the popular misconception of Hell as a big cave that has a little lava flowing around, and people hanging out and having a big party.

The Bible describes Hell as a vast lake of fire, created by God.

You are cast into it, alive.

You cannot die.

You cannot escape.

You spend the rest of eternity being burned alive. Forever. With no way out. All because you chose to reject God's Unconditional Love.

Enjoy. :sinner:

Titus Templeton 11-05-2010 09:51 PM

What if god doesn't exist?

Hm, then the world would not exist, because he created it.

SheepOfGod 11-06-2010 04:19 AM

If God didn't exist you would not be here to ask this quistion. If God didn't exist then nothing would exist

Mistress Cookie 11-06-2010 05:11 AM

If God™ did not exist, the world would be a VERY dangerous place for you and me.

There would be no diseases (like AIDS) to remove the homogay threat, no "natural" disasters to wipe out the CLEARLY and RABIDLY decadent foreign populations encroaching on our borders daily, no people taken "before their time" because they were poised to do evil....and for you lieberal culture lovers out there, you so-called "geniuses" would've lost out on Bach, Michaelangelo, DaVinci (etc.) because their early works (requiem marches, modannas and childs, etc.) began as religious.

Without God™ watching over us to "keep us right," the world would descend into terrifying anarchy where everyone does what they want (somewhat akin to filthy commune living.)

barton 11-06-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Your Juggalo ways will quickly be forgotten as you burn for eternity in Hell.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...KglPwDQOOSM2I=

hell is people 11-06-2010 01:20 PM

The Bible?

Man made book... no proof of who wrote it... all we know is that it is really really old....

But people live there lives by it....

a simple question is why....

Do not assume I am a non-believe, assume that I just wish to know what made you choose the Bible and not some other old book?

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-06-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell is people (Post 631465)
The Bible?

Man made book... no proof of who wrote it... all we know is that it is really really old....

Do not assume I am a non-believe, assume that I just wish to know what made you choose the Bible and not some other old book?

Because the Bible is Divinely inspired. It says so clearly in the Bible. Does the Bible say that the Rig-Veda, the Qur'an, or the Book of Mormon is Divinely inspired? No, it does not.

Also, elsewhere, you claimed to be a Christian and even quoted (or, rather, misquoted) the Bible at us. Which is it?

Phebe Carlyle 11-06-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell is people (Post 631465)
The Bible?

The KJV1611 has been proven to be the work of God. Research was done by the Jerusalem College of Technology and the Hebrew University, have shown this and their findings were published in the prestigious scientific journal "Statistical Science" in 1994, August edition, page 306.

Said published works were also cited in Bible Review, October 1995 edition on page 45 where they said as to the findings: "The phenomenon cannot be attributed to ANYTHING within the KNOWN PHYSICAL UNIVERSE, human beings included."

YIC

Phebe Carlyle.

hell is people 11-06-2010 01:53 PM

"The Word of God is the Word of God, and it says what it says. If you don't approve, take it up with the Almighty."

-Do you know how I may be able to get through to God???

You see I have tried throughout my life to get answers from him but no reply....hmm even with utmost faith he still does not talk to me.

But you seem to have all the answers so perhaps you could give me assistance or is the Bible the only thing you can quote from?

If so please quote from the original Bible which is not English and translate the meaning you find for yourself.... the Bible I want is the one that has not been edited to include anti- gay.

Thanks a bunch for your kind assistance

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-06-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell is people (Post 631482)
If so please quote from the original Bible which is not English and translate the meaning you find for yourself.... the Bible I want is the one that has not been edited to include anti- gay.

Have it your way. What meaning did Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 have in the original Hebrew that needed to be edited to be anti-gay? What meaning did Romans 1:27 have in the original Greek that needed to be edited to be anti-gay?

hell is people 11-06-2010 02:35 PM

Yes I can see what this english translation says but on this very site I see posts from godly people who insist than obgjects must be used to transfer a mans semen into their bodies so as to not let them put their 'choo choo' into their spouses dirty place.... So now men can't even naturally inseminate their wives so they must pay for and use foreign man made object to deliver it for them as to build an army for god....

does that sound like something god would say or Jesus in that matter? but yet if 2 men do it its bad because it is unnatural?

hmm...

Wide-Open 11-06-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell is people (Post 631520)
Yes I can see what this english translation says but..

Friend, you are dodging Pastor Peters' question. :glare: