The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Annoying Kids Sellng Candy and Magazines (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=46629)

Nobar King 07-15-2010 03:34 AM

Annoying Kids Sellng Candy and Magazines

I am getting cranky over kids that are clearly not from m neighborhood knocking on my door holding a huge tub of crap to sell. It is usually candy that is way over priced like 12 bucks for gummy bears in a cute plastic cup. I am always nice but today has been the third time since June. Last week some guys clearly not from around my neighborhood was selling magazines. He also said that if we didn't want a magazine we could make a donation to our troop. Sure, right.

The worst is when they come around after school and I'm taking my nap. I don't need those little brats waking me up!

Has anyone else experienced this? My no-soliciting sign doesn't seem to be conveying a very convincing message.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 07-15-2010 03:08 PM

Re: Annoying Kids Sellng Candy and Magazines

People tend to note the neighborhoods where children tend to disappear forever whilst selling crap door to door.

{just pointing out something, any inferences you draw is entirely on you}

;)

BelieverInGod 07-15-2010 05:43 PM

Well since Brother COM borrowed a couple of my dogs he's no longer getting mail delivery, let alone children bothering him.

The rest of the pack will be down by the end of the month (I'll have to drive down with the truck and trailer). I'm not sure when I'll have them available for sale as I already have orders from some of the Pastors. But I can lend the two out again.

HTannor 07-20-2010 11:07 AM

Word travels pretty quickly here in the trailer park when those little monsters show up.

Too often these solicitors are of the darker persuasion. I put on my klan robe and hood before I open the door. Works every time.

For the white kids I tell them I'm out of work and ask them for a donation.

For the beaners I always ask for proof of citizenship.

Nefiron 07-20-2010 02:47 PM

I usually use my entrance as a bathroom.
They will never know what hit'em when they go near my house.

Sister Charli 07-20-2010 03:32 PM

I have been thinking and praying on this thread of yours Brother Nobar.

I just could not understand what kind of mother would allow her children to roam the streets unsupervised knocking on the doors of complete strangers.

There are two issues here. First the annoyance it causes to Godly folk like yourself, but also the danger it poses to the child if they knock on the door of an ungodly person.

And then it became apparent to me that obviously these children are doing this deed in defiance of their parents. And I realised that it must be because the end time is drawing nigh. And I praise God for that.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (King James Version)
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

You are right to turn such children away.

James Hutchins 07-20-2010 06:42 PM

Fortunately, where I live, those cretins do not drive the forty miles to get to the main gate. Security would stop them anyways. And if the jumped the fence (and the sensors did not pick them up, impossible but it could happen) there are a few packs of feral dogs.

Nobar, have you considered getting a nasty dog from the pound and making its' chain long enough to reach the corners of your property. No need to feed the beast, the hungrier they are, the better they will work. And if it dies, you can just get another. They are free.

H. Montague Worthington 07-21-2010 06:52 PM

I do not mind the little waifs selling their wares from door to door. As far as I'm concerned, it's never too early to learn the finer points of salesmanship--- and there's no better training for being a salesman than having 30 or 40 heavy doors slammed in your face every day.