The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Free to a Good Home (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=105753)

Daisy Mae Johnson 05-17-2015 01:25 AM

Free to a Good Home

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like someone threw away this perfectly good black kid.

He's a tad young - but I'm sure if you start training him now he could get real good at shinnin' shoes and tap dancing.

:thumbsup:

Witch Hammer 05-17-2015 05:15 AM

Re: Free to a Good Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Johnson (Post 1145723)
It looks like someone threw away this perfectly good black kid.

He's a tad young but I'm sure if you start now he could get real good at shinnin' shoes and tap dancing.

:thumbsup:

If you throw in a couple fifty pound sacks of premium Nigglet Chow™, I'll take him!

WilliamJenningsBryan 05-18-2015 08:11 AM

No doubt there is a budding Buddy Bradley, Alvin Ailey, or a future Sammy Davis Jr. in the can. The clue here is that he has some watermelon in his hand. Once they have tasted fresh watermelon or a bucket of KFC they become finicky and refuse to eat the Nigglet Chow™, and it can get expensive to raise them.

Dr Laurence Niles 05-18-2015 12:24 PM

I'm not so sure about this. It looks rather uppity and no doubt has been put in the container for a good reason.

Could he be a nascent rapist, I wonder?

YIC

Mary Etheldreda 05-18-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1145835)
I'm not so sure about this. It looks rather uppity and no doubt has been put in the container for a good reason.

When my children give me "the look" like that, I find a bit of creative discipline for a few hours or days sets them straight.

:)

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 05-18-2015 04:39 PM

Sister daisy, dear:

Could I take him in? My husband is looking for a new Negro to take in and train. After all, whites are superior. Genesis 9:25 "And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren."

YiC,
Elizabeth

Brother Harold Porter 05-19-2015 01:37 AM

He does look like a fine young buck, and I am tempted to adopt the child for help around the Porter home, when it matures. And he looks quite healthy for a Negro infant. 6-months old I am guessing by his height?

But there are considerations with the colored that aren't always so apparent, and I need to make sure it would not be a losing investment.

We don't fry foods anymore in the Porter home. My health won't allow any greasy menus. I imagine I could buy a small Fry-Daddy and deep-fry some chicken wings in lard from time to time to accommodate its dietary needs.

But we cannot afford to spend 5 dollars per pound on melons, out of season. And I understand this is a staple of the Negro diet. And I don't like or enjoy many greens. Collards I cannot digest.

And of course, there will be legal costs as well. Juvenile detention and court fees. Bail for narcotics arrests. The steep price for drug rehabilitation. Restitution orders for burglary and theft.

I'll draft a spreadsheet on the kitchen table tonight and discuss with Mrs. Porter to see if this is the right investment for us, and will let you know by the end of the week.

In Christ, my Sister in Christ.

Nobar King 05-19-2015 09:40 AM

I like this one. I would pay $3.50 for him.

Billy Bob Jenkins 05-19-2015 10:10 AM

I have always heard that jigaboos are the sturdiest of livestock, with large muscles and purple gums. Why is this one sitting in a bucket. Is it sick?

Surely you are not bleaching it. If the lighter skin is not authentic I would consider that an unethical selling practice.

Witch Hammer 05-21-2015 03:03 AM

I'd like to retract my bid. Its always tempting to take in a stray, but they don't stay cute forever. Take Emmanuel Lewis for example:

Before
http://static.vibe.com/files/images/...78c9ad52b7.jpg
After
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f6a256e051.jpg

Jim Farmer 05-21-2015 10:28 AM

Looks like an online auction:

Brother Nobar - $3.50. Withdrawn.

Me - $0.50

Any other offers?

Jim Farmer 05-21-2015 10:33 AM

This one started out pretty cute, too:
http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/...zw9s43HRuj8%3D
and ended up like:

http://i36.tinypic.com/xeeuk9.jpg

but if slavery weren't illegal under secular law, he would have made his owner a lot of money.

Cranky Old Man 05-21-2015 11:34 AM

I bid $1. I have rats under my house and need something small to catch and kill them. He can eat the rats to stay alive.

Jim Farmer 05-21-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Farmer (Post 1146118)
Looks like an online auction:

Brother Nobar - $3.50. Withdrawn.

Me - $0.50

Any other offers?

I got it wrong. It was Brother Hammer who withdrew a supposed bid. Not Brother Nobar. Which means Nobar's bid of $3.50 still stands, I think. Sorry Brother Cranky. Do you up want to date your bid?

Gregory Mitch 05-22-2015 12:37 AM

While it may be a lot for a negro, I'll bid 5.00. We could definitely use a niglet in the Mitch household, what with us just moving in and all.

Witch Hammer 05-22-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Mitch (Post 1146149)
While it may be a lot for a negro, I'll bid 5.00. We could definitely use a niglet in the Mitch household, what with us just moving in and all.

If you win, make sure you castrate it before it grows up and rapes your entire family.

Gregory Mitch 05-23-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1146161)
If you win, make sure you castrate it before it grows up and rapes your entire family.

That is what I plan to do the day I get it, if I win, of course.

Roland 05-25-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson (Post 1145841)
Sister daisy, dear:

Could I take him in? My husband is looking for a new Negro to take in and train. After all, whites are superior. Genesis 9:25 "And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren."

YiC,
Elizabeth

Hello Mrs. Elizabeth,

Since you are willing to take him in and are not so adamant on castrating this child I will enter this auction so you can raise this child. Not only is it seemingly a Christian thing to buy someone out of slavery on the behalf of others, I think it will do you both good. I will offer $10,00 to get him free and into your household.

FroYoInfo 05-25-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland (Post 1146477)
Hello Mrs. Elizabeth,

Since you are willing to take him in and are not so adamant on castrating this child I will enter this auction so you can raise this child. Not only is it seemingly a Christian thing to buy someone out of slavery on the behalf of others, I think it will do you both good. I will offer $10,00 to get him free and into your household.

1,000! And I thought my 5.00 offer was overpriced!

FroYoInfo 05-25-2015 03:53 PM

Joking, of course. Selling humans is wrong, and illegal. Also, even if humans where sellable, only one thousand? Really?