The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I thought my parents would be burning in hell by now (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120668)

BrotherLarry 02-24-2023 07:35 PM

I thought my parents would be burning in hell by now

As hell bound papists giving all their tithes to Sister Francis, you would think God would have ripped them from the face of the earth by now. But here am I, a jolly, good hearted certified equine gnathologist, standing to inherit two car dealerships, still working on my dissertation after 15 years, still waiting to be approved for Landover residency, and frankly I wonder if the Lord Jesus listens to me anymore. Has anyone here gone through these Job-like trials, or just he and I?

handmaiden 02-24-2023 07:49 PM

Re: I thought my parents would be burning in hell by now

Brother Larry, I am sorry that your parents aren't burning in Hell just yet. You are in my prayers.

Dennis Lukes 02-25-2023 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1307128)
Brother Larry, I am sorry that your parents aren't burning in Hell just yet. You are in my prayers.

Amen, I'm praying for the death of Bro. Larry's parents too, them and every other Catholic. Larry, just remember that Job only suffered and God only murdered his children because God was trying to impress the devil. I doubt He would feel the need to do it again, let alone to you.

MitzaLizalor 02-25-2023 11:40 AM

Job did get new children, so no actual loss "in teal terms" as they say. God loves us but I doubt that if these two Romists were smitten by a great wind from the wilderness, they would be restored. I checked with the American Bar Association here and they don't have a probate form for that exigency.

Jesus may be waiting for the Romish parents to accept Him? Then they would stop being papists and go to Heaven. Jesus loves us and knows who will repent and who won't, making a smiting unlikely if in the fulness of time this popish duo were scheduled for Salvation.

How wonderful if their son could lead them to Christ!

Dennis Lukes 02-25-2023 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1307149)
Jesus may be waiting for the Romish parents to accept Him? Then they would stop being papists and go to Heaven. Jesus loves us and knows who will repent and who won't, making a smiting unlikely if in the fulness of time this popish duo were scheduled for Salvation.

On the plus side, it must make following Luke 14:26 pretty easy for Larry. My own parents were decent and caring people who always treated me well as a child, so it was more difficult to hate them but I did it anyway. Larry is luckier in that regard.

Larry my boy, have you followed the advice I've given you in the past about destroying all traces of papist idolatry from their home? I'm talking icons, statuettes, incense, candles, medallions, catechisms, Latin Vulgate and DRV Bibles, rosaries, all of it (Deuteronomy 12:3). Smash it, crush it, rip it up and burn it.

MitzaLizalor 02-25-2023 01:56 PM

A word of caution regarding holy water. Wear gloves.