The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Out of Warranty Repair? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=120674)

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-03-2023 04:43 PM

Out of Warranty Repair?

2 Attachment(s)
J'g:5:28: The mother of Sisera looked out at a window, and cried through the lattice, Why is his chariot so long in coming? why tarry the wheels of his chariots?

A valid verse that we have all said at sometime when waiting, worried, for a loved one to return. And how many times has it been the case that that loved one is stuck somewhere beside a car that has broken down? And the car is out of warranty?

Now, you all know what might happen: the woman will phone a breakdown truck and some guy’s eyes will turn to dollar signs. A “wobbling furble-thruster” will be diagnosed; the car towed away, and the bill will have more zeros than a Turkish banknote.

This is the time that you’d wished you’d told that loved one about Landover Christian Insurance because Jesus knows about repairs - 2Kings:22:5-6

One phone call to Landover Christian Insurance alerts our Prayer Warriors to a distressed client: the praying starts immediately – no questions asked!

Meanwhile, the distressed family member will be given access via the app to “Prayer for repair”, for example:

“God, I feel weird praying about this but I don’t want to stress out about it anymore.
I need my car to be repaired and I need the repair to be done well and properly. I can’t afford to go through several repairs. I need it done right the first time. I need it to be within my budget. And I need it be done in efficient manner because I need my car for work.
Please help me, Lord, in the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.”

We have done field testing and here’s what happened:

The person saying the prayer suddenly knew what the fault was and how to fix it! An amazing 97% of our test subjects “felt the presence of Jesus” had been brought on by our Prayer Warriors and their faith.

Average savings per breakdown were $4,287.89.

Don’t forget! Ask your Pastor about Landover Christian Insurance today.

James Hutchins 03-05-2023 12:27 PM

Re: Out of Warranty Repair?

God heals all Wounds!
Psalm 147
1 Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
2 The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
6 The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
7 Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
12 Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.
13 For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.
14 He maketh peace in thy borders, and filleth thee with the finest of the wheat.
15 He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth: his word runneth very swiftly.
16 He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes.
17 He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?
18 He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.

You just have to be worthy of His Divine Intervention™. Give to Him and you shall reap rewards 100X. Have faith that He will have your six.

Johny Joe Hold 03-05-2023 04:21 PM

Because I'm the Mayor, a lot of women have my phone number at hand. I have been called by women in car repair places wondering if a manager is trying to unfairly charge them for something.
My advice always is for the woman to ask if the manager is a Christian. If the answer is no, move on. If the answer is yes to go ahead and pay for the services. Even if the woman is being taken advantage of the owner will tithe and some will go to Jesus.

MitzaLizalor 03-08-2023 02:30 PM

As you know, I'm very distrustful of electricity but enjoy sewing and have some very nice fabrics just now, together with some "retro" patterns for garments displaying an appropriate level of modesty.

There are two sewing machines, one is the 1888 model which I prefer, the other from 1923 with a full set of original attachments. Both are treadle operated. Modern machines (apart from breaking in less than a century) for different stitch types move the needle around. This makes the innards unnecessarily complicated and there's not much room for adjustment. Earlier designs instead have "attachments" attached on where the needle is to move the material around.

The 1888 model has screw adjustments requiring about ¼ to ⅓ of a turn every ten years or so. There's about 2” of adjustment available of which maybe ⅛” has been used up so far. Up until around the 1890s the treadle was linked to the wheel driving the belt (belts are still available) with a wooden rod. I much prefer this to the later metal rod because as it wears all that's needed is a small piece of wood, hornbeam is ideal and I grow these just in case but so far it looks good, which brings me to the attachments.

https://i.imgur.com/EicuKDh.jpg

They are well made and quite robust but do have delicate parts which are very difficult to replace. For example, if one fell on the floor and was walked on, a bit could break off or become twisted. How should I approach this? Both machines are now out of warranty.