The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ladies swimwear: very unladylike (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=46828)

Mrs. Rogers 07-19-2010 01:04 PM

Ladies swimwear: very unladylike

In the past I have extolled the virtues of a certain swimwear company ... being the gullible and silly old woman I am, I was easily swayed by the following words (from the website):

Quote:

[...]The Bible encourages women to dress in "modest apparel" and also says that "it is good for a man not to touch a woman". We all know that men are mainly stimulated by sight, and women by touch. I believe that these guidelines are given to us by God for our own protection. Our sexuality is something that is very special and was given to us by God to share with our spouse. I know that our culture would not agree with this, but I do not speak for our culture. This is what I believe to be true from God's Holy Inspired Word, the Bible. But God has also given us free wills. We can choose to treasure and save our bodies, or to expose ourselves for anyone to see.

The Bible doesn't give exact guidelines as to what type of garment is modest and what is not, so we need to use common sense and ask the Lord for discretion. Would this outfit stimulate a man in a way that we wouldn't wish? A man should also use discretion in how he treats a woman so that he doesn't produce feelings in her which may not be right. [...]
Well it all seems very Godly, does it not? However, last week I collected a new pair of spectacles from the optometrist -- imagine my horror when I could, for the first time, really see the so-called 'modest' swimwear on offer: bare arms and bare ankles no less! If any swimwear screamed "I'm an insatiable strumpet!", this would be it:

And as for the following outfit, what man could resist the sensual fabric and come-hither colouring? It would drive him to distraction!

Lisa H 07-19-2010 01:17 PM

Re: Ladies swimwear: very unladylike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Rogers (Post 561657)
In the past I have extolled the virtues of a certain swimwear company ... being the gullible and silly old woman I am, I was easily swayed by the following words (from the website):

Well it all seems very Godly, does it not? However, last week I collected a new pair of spectacles from the optometrist -- imagine my horror when I could, for the first time, really see the so-called 'modest' swimwear on offer: bare arms and bare ankles no less! If any swimwear screamed "I'm an insatiable strumpet!", this would be it:

And as for the following outfit, what man could resist the sensual fabric and come-hither colouring? It would drive him to distraction!

Considering the pieces of string they call swimwear these days I can never find anything else. I like going to the beach but I am extremely embrassed by having such items. All those dirty old men leering. I have saved the above link as it seems to be something more suitable than the pieces of string.

Nobar King 07-19-2010 01:24 PM

Sky blue and brown together are not flattering colors. You should only wear them if you have brown skin and blue eyes, and that's not very common.

Sister Charli 07-19-2010 01:49 PM

Dear Mrs Rogers,

thank you for your suggested swim wear. Daddy only allowed me to wear this one and even then I had to beg him for the pretty blue as shown rather than the two piece black.

I really do like the ones you have posted but my concern with large floral patterns is the placement of some of the hibiscus stamen may draw men's gaze to certain parts of the anatomy.

If you understand what I am saying. :blush:

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 02:25 PM

That looksm ore like winter pajamas than a swimsuit. Once it gets waterlogged, you're going to have a hard time staying afloat.

Lisa H 07-19-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561699)
That looksm ore like winter pajamas than a swimsuit. Once it gets waterlogged, you're going to have a hard time staying afloat.

Are you one of those harlots that goes swimming naked.

Sister Charli 07-19-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561699)

I don't really have a need to stay afloat. I only bob around in the pool after dark when it is vacant. It is not like I swim laps or anything. But it is a nice way to cool down on a tropical balmy evening.

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa H (Post 561701)
Are you one of those harlots that goes swimming naked.

I do enjoy skinny-dipping. What of it?

Lisa H 07-19-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561707)

Don't you have any morals and modesty. That is very not very lady like. I hope at least you do it at night when nobody is around.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-19-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Jesus wants you to be properly ashamed of your naked body. Surely even a drunken harlot like yourself would realize this. :huh:

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 561712)
Jesus wants you to be properly ashamed of your naked body. Surely even a drunken harlot like yourself would realize this. :huh:

I am not ashamed of my body. I LIKE my body.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-19-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561714)
I am not ashamed of my body. I LIKE my body.

Pervert. :bad:

Professor Bessemer 07-19-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tramp Trying to Sell Whore Suits
Our sexuality is something that is very special and was given to us by God to share with our spouse. I know that our culture would not agree with this, but I do not speak for our culture. This is what I believe to be true from God's Holy Inspired Word, the Bible.

I have two problems with this liberal and her whorish ways. First, when she is going on and on about sex, she never mentions children. God wants a True Christian™ man to lie with his True Christian™ wife for one reason and one reason only, to produce future True Christian™ children. If we were to follow this slattern's advice, True Christian™ husbands and wives would be fornicating willy nilly, simply to pass the time!

The second issue I have is that this mere woman is interpreting scripture! The Bible is the inerrant word of God and no one should care what this person believes about it one way or another. This false Christian tramp is trying to tell people what God wants. I will tell you what God wants, He wants us to follow His book to the letter!

James Hutchins 07-19-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

That is disgusting!!!! :blech:

Your womanly scretions getting in the pool water, Have you no pride, no cares for the next person in the pool? You cannot drain the pool ever time you get out, that would be wasteful.

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 561826)
That is disgusting!!!! :blech:

Your womanly scretions getting in the pool water, Have you no pride, no cares for the next person in the pool? You cannot drain the pool ever time you get out, that would be wasteful.

The friends skinny-dipping with me don't seem to mind.

James Hutchins 07-19-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561835)
The friends skinny-dipping with me don't seem to mind.

That is because you are all sex crazed perverted demons. People like you are the reason for the decay in morality.

Jesus never walked on water naked.
Jesus never polluted the water others might use.
What makes you think you are better than Jesus?:angry:

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 561876)
That is because you are all sex crazed perverted demons. People like you are the reason for the decay in morality.

We swim, we don't have an orgy. Nudity is not, in and of itself, an invitation to sex.

Quote:

Jesus never walked on water naked.
Jesus never polluted the water others might use.
What makes you think you are better than Jesus?:angry:

I'm more human than you give Ieshua credit for being. His loss. And yours.

Bob4God 07-19-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas (Post 561885)
We swim, we don't have an orgy. Nudity is not, in and of itself, an invitation to sex.

That's a ridiculous statement. Of COURSE nudity is an invitation to sex! That's like saying that an open door is not in and of itself an invitation for somebody to walk through it.

Skinny dipping is NEVER appropriate, even if it is between a man and a wife! It does not help with conception of True Christian fetuses one bit.

You and your skinny dipping friends are whores and homosexuals.

Nobar King 07-19-2010 08:53 PM

I always make sure my gate is closed because an open gate is like an invitation to steal. Any nigra walking by who might smell something baking might just bop in hoping to grab a cake or pie cooling on the window sill.

-Edit- That was just an example. I'm not a very good baker so I don't really bake anything more complicated than cookies.

Tchoupitoulas 07-19-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob4God (Post 561938)
Of COURSE nudity is an invitation to sex!

Nonsense. You shower naked. Do you expect sex every time you take a shower? My guess is no, unless the only time you shower is when you're horny.

Quote:

Skinny dipping is NEVER appropriate, even if it is between a man and a wife! It does not help with conception of True Christian fetuses one bit.
Swimming isn't intended to make babies - it's just intended to be fun.

Quote:

You and your skinny dipping friends are whores and homosexuals.
While some of my friends are gay (which is no big deal), as far as I know, none of us accept payment for sex.