The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pray for Basilissa (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=116459)

BrotherLarry 06-13-2019 03:01 PM

Pray for Basilissa

Let's all hold Sister Basilissa up in prayer and include prayers of thanksgiving that she found such a fine, handsome, forgiving, loving, giving, generous and helpful fiancé as Enrique. I'll be on my knees for sure!

Cranky Old Man 06-13-2019 04:10 PM

Re: Pray for Basilissa

I never waste prayer on a woman. Women are objects and I would't pray for a block of wood either even though a block of wood is a lot more useful than a woman.

handmaiden 06-13-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1253351)
I never waste prayer on a woman. Women are objects and I would't pray for a block of wood either even though a block of wood is a lot more useful than a woman.

But-- prayers for Enrique are acceptable, right?

Brother Gonzalez 06-13-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1253358)
But-- prayers for Enrique are acceptable, right?

No. Enrique hasn't even tithed to Landover, and he is a wealthy man. He is choosing the other religion, the one with a leader starting with a "P" and ending with a "ope".

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-13-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1253361)
No. Enrique hasn't even tithed to Landover, and he is a wealthy man. He is choosing the other religion, the one with a leader starting with a "P" and ending with a "ope".

:fear2: Surely not, Brother Gonz? Sister Basilissa would never, ever marry a Mary-worshiper! Hank may be an ex-popist, which admittedly is bad - worse even than (though not much different from) an ex-atheist. But I'm sure lovely Sister Bas knows exactly what she's doing and that the tithes will flow in abundance soon after the wedding.

Brother Gonzalez 06-13-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1253364)
:fear2: Surely not, Brother Gonz? Sister Basilissa would never, ever marry a Mary-worshiper! Hank may be an ex-popist, which admittedly is bad - worse even than (though not much different from) an ex-atheist. But I'm sure lovely Sister Bas knows exactly what she's doing and that the tithes will flow in abundance soon after the wedding.

He offered some kind of payment, let's wait and see.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 06-13-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1253365)
He offered some kind of payment, let's wait and see.

Obviously I'm not aware of men's business, except when it comes to my own husband's tithing (he is away so often that I am trusted with the admin). But experience suggests that if Enry chooses to tithe one tenth of his annual produce in kind, rather than in cash, Pastor Zeke is likely to be more than happy. :thumbsup:

handmaiden 06-13-2019 08:31 PM

This is all very concerning. Sister Basilissa is in need of a husband, of course--what with getting rather long in the tooth and being cursed with an above average intellect--but he needs to be a PROPER husband.

And this means only the Truest of :true-fancy: Men should even be allowed to apply!

Basilissa 06-14-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherLarry (Post 1253343)
Let's all hold Sister Basilissa up in prayer and include prayers of thanksgiving that she found such a fine, handsome, forgiving, loving, giving, generous and helpful fiancé as Enrique. I'll be on my knees for sure!

Aww, thank you, Brother Larry, that's so considerate of you. You are such a good friend. :)