The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Women who like pie (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=117723)

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-27-2020 03:09 AM

Women who like pie

Ladies, I know you love serving up a pie for your husbands but I wonder if some of that enjoyment isn't guilty pleasure. Did you give all the pie to your husband or did you swipe a little bit for yourself on the sly?

I understand you might not want to confess to this publicly and, if so, then please don't feel you have to use your own name. Use a friend's name.

James Hutchins 06-29-2020 10:20 AM

Re: Women who like pie

I know many ladies have afternooners, when their husbands are hard at work, making a sustenance for the family and God, the wives are off at tea parties, clucking and pie eating. I hear that they often cut a rug with scissoring though I've never seen the fruits of their labors.

Dana723 06-29-2020 01:55 PM

My husband loves my pie and will only eat mine. The one time he tried another woman's pie, he said it was nasty and tasted like fish. What could a woman do to her pie to make it taste like that? :fear2:

My eldest son Matthew does not like pie. Ever since he ran off to Landover to join the Pride Parade or whatever it was, his taste for pie has changed to wanting sausage all the time. I don't know what happened to him on that trip...

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 06-30-2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1270191)
My eldest son Matthew does not like pie. Ever since he ran off to Landover to join the Pride Parade or whatever it was, his taste for pie has changed to wanting sausage all the time. I don't know what happened to him on that trip...

Have you considered putting the sausage in the pie? That might work.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 07-01-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DominiqueDomgaard (Post 1270289)
I know, in the UK for instance, they love meat-filled pies. They also like something called Spotted Dick, which looks like this ...

I am afraid, Dominique dear, that you have fallen for an in-joke here. The British do love to tease you foreigners. They are, of course, much more famous for dying from a surfeit of lampreys and drowning in vats of Malmsey wine. :rofl:

Martha Chump 10-26-2020 10:58 AM

It's been reported my husband Peter will be wintering in Bora Bora and I won't be joining him. He doesn't want to waste money on me, but I love him and Jesus, and want to surprise him with some delicious pies when he returns. He's grown bored of my usual banana-strawberry pies, so I need to think of something different.

Hi ladies, can you offer some advice for me on this one?

Phil Ander 10-26-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha Chung (Post 1275302)
It's been reported my husband Peter will be wintering in Bora Bora and I won't be joining him. He doesn't want to waste money on me, but I love him and Jesus, and want to surprise him with some delicious pies when he returns. He's grown bored of my usual banana-strawberry pies, so I need to think of something different.

Hi ladies, can you offer some advice for me on this one?

I'm no lady, but I couldn't help barging in. When my wife is bereft of pie recipes she just heads to The Country Pie Shoppe for inspiration. The ladies there certainly know what country pies are about. Love their pies. Also known for their tarts. Get them while they're still fresh is my advice.

Phil

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 10-28-2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Ander (Post 1275304)
Love their pies. Also known for their tarts. Get them while they're still fresh is my advice.

Tarts! Oh the memories... what I wouldn't give for a piece of hot English crumpet with a blob of maple syrup. Here in France it's all baguettes and... fromage-y. You know what I mean?

Des 10-29-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1275395)
Tarts! Oh the memories...

Oh, those delightful, sweet, lemony tarts! I can never get enough of them! They seem to age much better and stay fresh longer than other pies.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 10-30-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des (Post 1275472)
They seem to age much better and stay fresh longer than other pies.

And let that be the lesson for the day here on the Women's sub-forum. Thank you Brother Des.